ADVERTISEMENT

I lost a lot of respect for Holcomb with this

It's just red meat for the base. Which is odd because he is termed out, right? So why do this as it's purely symbolic only?

The wetlands bill he signed today is f-cking horseshit and reeks of a kick back. Someone greased him.

Reactions: larsIU
It's just red meat for the base. Which is odd because he is termed out, right? So why do this as it's purely symbolic only?

That's what struck me as odd. I don't think he's a true believer, so who is he trying to impress, and why? With only 50 Guards being sent, it's a virtue signal of some sort. I just wonder who he's signaling.

The wetlands bill he signed today is f-cking horseshit and reeks of a kick back. Someone greased him.

Not up on that question, but I assume there are wetlands now ripe for development that were previously off limits?

Probably the group lobbying for the mid-states corridor. It’s absolute bullshit. Mike Braun & a bunch of businesses (OFS, Farbest, Jasper Engines, Kimball, etc) down in SW Indiana are pushing hard for it & will destroy a lot of farmland & houses to improve their profitability. They tout creating jobs, but most manufacturers in the area can’t fill the job openings they have today, not to mention the fact that it will likely mostly create fast food & convenience store jobs in the immediate future. Who knows long term. Conjecture here is that is one of Braun’s reasons for running for governor is to exert some influence to get that done. He should be disqualified from running for that alone. Generally speaking, I like Mike & his policies, but this corridor deal is a shit sandwich for a lot of folks around here.

Probably the group lobbying for the mid-states corridor. It’s absolute bullshit. Mike Braun & a bunch of businesses (OFS, Farbest, Jasper Engines, Kimball, etc) down in SW Indiana are pushing hard for it & will destroy a lot of farmland & houses to improve their profitability. They tout creating jobs, but most manufacturers in the area can’t fill the job openings they have today, not to mention the fact that it will likely mostly create fast food & convenience store jobs in the immediate future. Who knows long term. Conjecture here is that is one of Braun’s reasons for running for governor is to exert some influence to get that done. He should be disqualified from running for that alone. Generally speaking, I like Mike & his policies, but this corridor deal is a shit sandwich for a lot of folks around here.
Just curious. What type of jobs are they having trouble filling? Also, is it due to lack of skilled candidates or more the fact so many people have drug/alcohol problems?

Just curious. What type of jobs are they having trouble filling? Also, is it due to lack of skilled candidates or more the fact so many people have drug/alcohol problems?
All kinds ranging from office to manufacturing positions. The unemployment rates are extremely low, to the point that the only people that aren’t working don’t want to work. There is, of course, some attrition due to drug testing, but also a lot of job hopping. People can just quit & get another job with similar pay tomorrow.

We were driving in that area last summer and saw a lot of signs opposing the corridor. I had to look it up as it gets no play in Bloomington. Bloomington was made fun of for opposing I69, have you guys been called anti progress? Good luck opposing it, in this state it seems wanting more roads is the winning hand.

We were driving in that area last summer and saw a lot of signs opposing the corridor. I had to look it up as it gets no play in Bloomington. Bloomington was made fun of for opposing I69, have you guys been called anti progress? Good luck opposing it, in this state it seems wanting more roads is the winning hand.
Yes, anyone who opposes is labeled as being anti progress for sure. I’ve had some lively debates with leaders of a couple of the businesses listed above whom I count as friends, & have been assured that it’s going to happen & I should just accept it…

Last edited:

His justification is pure hyper, over the top, right wing scare stuff.

I don’t really care, but I’m a fan of it since it pisses you off 😁. I hope he cuts your Social Security as well 😳

Good luck opposing it, in this state it seems wanting more roads is the winning hand.
Up north we have the Hoosier Heartland Highway. Chunks of that project, like new 24 to Ohio, were needed. But huge portions of it in central Indiana were entirely unnecessary. Four-lane deer preserves is all they are.

Yes, anyone who opposes is label as being anti progress for sure. I’ve had some lively debates with leaders of a couple of the businesses listed above whom I count as friends, & have been assured that it’s going to happen & I should just accept it…

I didn't oppose 69, but know a lot of people that lost land. I get why people who have land and enjoy the quiet wouldn't want an interstate. I received the "your land will be surveyed to determine" letter but knew it wasn't coming to my property.

I really doubt places receive the amount of benefits claimed. Except I recall this article that they overpaid by double on several parcels. So some people got the benefits.

He’s gotta eat after he leaves office. We don’t always like all the shit we have to do at work.
Stop calling it work and your job. Start calling it a project. Like these rich owners do in euro soccer. All well? Yeah. I’m enjoying this project. Glad I took it on and excited to see where I can take it. They’ll look at you a little askew but it really changes the dynamic. All the dynamics really

Stop calling it work and your job. Start calling it a project. Like these rich owners do in euro soccer. All well? Yeah. I’m enjoying this project. Glad I took it on and excited to see where I can take it. They’ll look at you a little askew but it really changes the dynamic. All the dynamics really
I’m already forced to read various shitty management self help nonsense books. Nobody needs that shit here.

Is that blakademik or whoever you were following during the low times? Tony Robbins?

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
I’m already forced to read various shitty management self help nonsense books. Nobody needs that shit here.

Is that blakademik or whoever you were following during the low times? Tony Robbins?
No bitch! It’s literally from all the euro soccer shows. Every time the new sporting director comes in or a new owner comes on board they refer to it as a project. I’ve begun thinking of all my dogshit ventures the same way and it helps immensely. Like it’s not forever and if it doesn’t pan out, eh.

• Haha
No shit. Only 12 ish more years.

My kid will be 29. Fuuuuuuuuuuuu*k.
Nobody ever went to their grave wishing they had spent more time at the office.

You’re valuable to your employer. Train up some people and live. I had to learn other people could do all the basic spreadsheet work so I could analyze and make decisions. I could get out more and do the fun shit.

No bitch! It’s literally from all the euro soccer shows. Every time the new sporting director comes in or a new owner comes on board they refer to it as a project. I’ve begun thinking of all my dogshit ventures the same way and it helps immensely. Like it’s not forever and if it doesn’t pan out, eh.
I was talking with a guy at work about, coincidentally, a project. Big enough that you feel your toes come off the ground a smidge. He says to me, “you’ve got a 25 year resume with over a decade at your current job. You think you can’t network another job?”

Shit ain’t been the same since yo.

Nobody ever went to their grave wishing they had spent more time at the office.

You’re valuable to your employer. Train up some people and live. I had to learn other people could do all the basic spreadsheet work so I could analyze and make decisions. I could get out more and do the fun shit.
Working on it. Gonna take a couple hires and a few more years.

I was talking with a guy at work about, coincidentally, a project. Big enough that you feel your toes come off the ground a smidge. He says to me, “you’ve got a 25 year resume with over a decade at your current job. You think you can’t network another job?”

Shit ain’t been the same since yo.
That makes gettin up just a little easier!!!

That's what struck me as odd. I don't think he's a true believer, so who is he trying to impress, and why? With only 50 Guards being sent, it's a virtue signal of some sort. I just wonder who he's signaling.

Not up on that question, but I assume there are wetlands now ripe for development that were previously off limits?
Senate run?

Can I start referring to my kids as projects?

Can I start referring to my kids as projects?
Up until last year this man was the coach of QPR. He left to concentrate on his music. This man does not have a job. He has projects
0_GettyImages-1234915770.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: BradStevens

I just saw my State Rep signed a letter asking Holcomb to do it in January. It made me smile and happy I voted for him. I’d ask him to join the Dream Team if he wasn’t so busy.

That’s LITERALLY him coaching on the sideline in English football. Dressed like that. Multiple women were impregnated just watching the match
By the way, sometimes like now I’m reading these posts on my phone out in public, laughing hysterically with tears in my eyes. Pretty sure half my village think I’m certifiably insane.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
By the way, sometimes like now I’m reading these posts on my phone out in public, laughing hysterically with tears in my eyes. Pretty sure half my village think I’m certifiably insane.
Isn’t that unreal. You’re in the locker room waiting for coach to show up in his Umbros and this guy walks in :D

• Haha
Reactions: BradStevens

Was surprised Holcomb did this.

See it as more of a political move than a decision which will provide much additional security while disrupting the lives of 50 guardsmen and their families.

Also surprised Holcomb would make this political gesture as if he had a political future.

I had been guessing his future was to enter the business world and leave politics.

Reactions: UncleMark
No opening in the present or near future that I can imagine.
I'd like to see him and Young fight over that seat. Show how inept Young is, but it'll never happen. There is too much chance for another Joe Donnelly type to take advantage of the wreckage and sneak in.

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT