ADVERTISEMENT

The funny thing is

Glass promoted Allen so we wouldn't go backwards. Well.........we clearly are.

Glass had the perfect opportunity to right the ship like he did with Crean/Miller. He took the easy way out.

You can’t make a determination on Allen at this point. We can still win 6 games which is best CKW did in 8 years. With this schedule CKW would not have been any better off.

Reactions: Kelly_32 and 76-1
You can’t make a determination on Allen at this point. We can still win 6 games which is best CKW did in 8 years. With this schedule CKW would not have been any better off.
I think they're 3-3 or 2-4 in the Big Ten with Wilson. Benching Lagow was a mistake. He gives them the best chance to win. Water under the bridge.

Glass had the perfect opportunity to right the ship like he did with Crean/Miller. He took the easy way out.

Who should he have hired instead?
oh come on man don't act like your job was so great and people were tripping over themselves to take your job. Yes IU being in the east hurts, but I'll give you credit at least you guys ponied up big money. I would like IU to do that someday and go get the next up and coming coach

oh come on man don't act like your job was so great and people were tripping over themselves to take your job. Yes IU being in the east hurts, but I'll give you credit at least you guys ponied up big money. I would like IU to do that someday and go get the next up and coming coach

I asked an honest question. Had nothing to do with Purdue.

I asked an honest question. Had nothing to do with Purdue.
well to answer you. I have no clue we didn't try. But I woulda looked at the guy from Toledo, or somebody with a track record

Reactions: IUgradman
Who should he have hired instead?

....well let’s go down his list of candidates that was considered.......um.......um.......where is.....let’s see.... oh he must have made the best choice from the list being considered because there wasn’t anyone else on the list...I think that is the issue with many on the board. CTA is a fine coach and a good guy. Eventually you gotta get one right.... if I swing at 100,000 Kershaw curveballs and hit one and miss on all the others I’ll always say “I hit Kershaw”.... unfortunately, that is our approach to IUFB... we don’t have a friggin clue what we are doing

Reactions: BayernFan
well to answer you. I have no clue we didn't try. But I woulda looked at the guy from Toledo, or somebody with a track record

That’s fair. I feel like MAC coaches that take B1G jobs is a mixed bag when it comes to results. Beckman and Hazell were terrible but you have guys like Urban who did great. Seems like a toss up.

That’s fair. I feel like MAC coaches that take B1G jobs is a mixed bag when it comes to results. Beckman and Hazell were terrible but you have guys like Urban who did great. Seems like a toss up.
Good points, but I always felt hoeppner woulda won here, and Mallory did well here, so I would look at the MAC again but that's me

Good points, but I always felt hoeppner woulda won here, and Mallory did well here, so I would look at the MAC again but that's me

I think Hep would’ve too. Seems like it’s either they’re really solid or god awful haha. Doesn’t seem to be much middle ground.

Lagow is terrible. He was last year and didn’t improve any this year.
You should've watched the game today. Only someone who didn't see it would say he was bad today. Well, somebody who doesn't have a clue about football would say it, but . . .

guy is a idiot. Ignore him. He wanted IU to hire lovie Smith lol

Haha I just left the Purdue game. Lovie is so bad. He was not the right choice for them. The look on his face makes it look like he literally doesn’t care at all. Illinois’ AD was standing on the field in front of me and looked super pissed haha.

guy is a idiot. Ignore him. He wanted IU to hire lovie Smith lol

you're the dipshit.

I think Lovie sucks. He sucked with the Bears and sucked harder at Tampa

I still am impressed that UI is willing to pay their coach $4mil per

I'll give you some names of guys who could do well here.

Gimmick Coaches
1. Jeff Monken
2. Ken Niumatalolo
3. Troy Calhoun

Non-gimmick coaches
1. Seth Littrell
2. Rod Carey
3. Mark Hudspeth

You should've watched the game today. Only someone who didn't see it would say he was bad today. Well, somebody who doesn't have a clue about football would say it, but . . .

Yes I saw him throw behind and too high to his receivers. Same thing I saw 18 times last year. But hey go ahead and defend him. I can tell you have probably been an Offensive Coordinator in the NFL.

Haha I just left the Purdue game. Lovie is so bad. He was not the right choice for them. The look on his face makes it look like he literally doesn’t care at all. Illinois’ AD was standing on the field in front of me and looked super pissed haha.
Lovie has chosen to go with a full youth movement, which is why they're struggling. Whitman may have erred in hiring him, but Lovie doesn't suck. He just inherited a program with very little in the way of talent and in need of a complete rebuild.

Easy to say but who would you have hired or better question what great coach would come here.

Yes I saw him throw behind and too high to his receivers. Same thing I saw 18 times last year. But hey go ahead and defend him. I can tell you have probably been an Offensive Coordinator in the NFL.
You mean the pick where he got leveled as he threw, or the one where it went through the hands of the receiver. You have no idea what you're talking about. I can tell you've barely watched and never played the game, not even in the back yard.

I don't blame Tom Allen for sucking. The guy clearly is in over his head and you can't fault him for taking a head coaching job and the salary it brings.

I do blame Fred Glass for screwing up yet ANOTHER hire. He is a lawyer who doesn't understand sports at all and is out of his league when it comes to making personnel decisions. Until he is held accountable we will continue to be below average in athletic performance.

I don't care what a PU fan thinks but you are an embarrassment to the IU fan base.

bigger embarassment....me or IU's football team?

or IU Scott crying on the internet like a little girl. waaah. need tissue?

1) for IU to have hired someone like Campbell (or Fuente or Babers) Glass would have had to fire Wilson a year earlier than he did

2) most FBS-level AD's always have a "short list" of replacements they would potentially hire if they had to replace their current coach. If Glass operates that way, he apparently felt Allen was better than any "outside" candidates; if Glass didn't/doesn't operate that way, he's more "ad hoc" than most AD's

Easy to say but who would you have hired or better question what great coach would come here.
Well, you have to conduct a search, consider possible candidates, and interview the ones who are interested if you want the answer to those questions. And Glass did none of that, which was simply negligent on his part and indefensible.

Reactions: Hoosier_Hack
The guy is 0-6 in the Big 10 and you can’t make a determintion? Dumbest comment I’ve ever seen

Reactions: IUgradman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT