ADVERTISEMENT

The Dirty Dossier

Not sure she didn't. We know she colluded with the DNC against Bernie, but that is all we have for sure.

What was illegal about Don Jr's opposition research? My understanding is that nothing came of that meeting. I hope to find out why there were differing versions of the details of that meeting. I am troubled by it, but everyone lies, right? Still, that doesn't prove collusion.
You truly think the two are similar? Using the word "colluding " with the DNC? Junior went into the meeting with the assumption that they had information for him. My guess is they probably did. But the fact that you believe what ANY Trump says proves that you can't look at the information without a bias.

That's not it, twenty. I've long assumed that virtually all politicians lie. So it's not that I'm suddenly getting all faux outraged by one more having done it.

The people who have been lying about this are the same ones who have been pushing the Trump/Russia collusion narrative. Think about that for a second. Fusion GPS is Kremlin-connected.

So since no one else has asked this,let me play Devils Advocate here,and ask exactly how Fusion GPS is "Kremlin-connected"? Fusion was created by,and essentially remains Glenn Simpson,a former WSJ investigative reporter who left to start his own investigation firm.It also maintains a close relationship with a private law firm(BakerHostetler) which includes John Moscow,who is a former,long time white collar prosecutor for the Manhattan DA's office.Simpson was interviewed by the Senate Judiciary Committee back in August...

"Simpson, who declined to comment for this story, has a long history of investigating corruption and influence in and around Russia.

For example, the 2007 front page story that mentioned Manafort was headlined, "How Lobbyists Help Ex-Soviets Woo Washington." It pointed out that Manafort, a prominent Republican political adviser, had begun to work for the Russian-backed Ukrainian Prime Minister Viktor Yanukovych. Manafort is now under federal investigation in the Russia probe.

When he left journalism for private investigations work, Simpson began a relationship with the law firm of BakerHostetler, which includes John Moscow, a longtime white-collar prosecutor for the Manhattan district attorney's office.

In one of his more celebrated cases, Simpson worked on behalf of two British lawyers, Faith Zaman and Thomas Derbyshire, who successfully sued Prince Jefri Bolkiah, the brother of the Sultan of Brunei. One piece of evidence in the case included photos of statues depicting the prince having sex with various women.

Simpson also worked for Planned Parenthood, which came under fire in 2015 after videos appeared to show staffers say the group profits from selling tissue from aborted fetuses to researchers.

Simpson conducted an analysis by forensic experts that found the videos had been edited to the point where they were not a reliable representation of what happened. Conservative groups who opposed the finding noted Simpson's work on behalf of pro-Planned Parenthood Democrats."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/who-glenn-simpson-n786321

I suspect part of the animosity by certain ultra right Republicans towards Simpson stems from his role with Planned Parenthood,but I'm not sure why you're swallowing the dubious "Kremlin--connected" claim? The only actual intersection I can see between Fusion's work and pro-Putin interests is the Magnitsky case,which is complicated,to say the least.

While some on the Right are painting that as Simpson working to "help Putin",it strikes me as more analogous to a case where the ACLU represents Nazis in a "free speech" situation.No one can rationally assert that the ACLU is pro-Nazi,but the reality is they are pro "free speech" and that includes distasteful elements like Nazis and fascists.Seems like Simpson's investigative work on the Magnitsky case resulted in his reaching a result that benefitted Putin's interests,which he characterized as regrettable..."Simpson has told friends that he was troubled that his work on the case might help Putin. But, he has said, he stands by his investigative findings".

I said it was complicated,here's a brief primer...

"In the Magnitsky case, Simpson worked on behalf of a wealthy Russian who was being sued by the Manhattan U.S. attorney over allegations his firm profited from money laundering. BakerHostetler represented the Russian. The proceeds were said to have come from a theft uncovered by a tax accountant, Magnitsky, who was working for a wealthy investor named William Browder. John Moscow was removed from the case for what a judge termed a conflict of interest because he had previously represented Browder.

Browder, in prepared testimony expected to be delivered Thursday before the Senate Judiciary Committee, repeated his account that Magnitsky uncovered a theft by corrupt Russian officials and was killed in prison.

Simpson's work on the case fueled claims by BakerHostetler in court records that Browder's account is false, and that Browder told it to cover up his own tax evasion. Browder denies this, and says Simpson participated in what amounted to a Putin-funded smear campaign. Simpson rejects that charge.

The New York case was settled for $6 million with no admission of wrongdoing by the Russian and his firm. A vast court record, including Browder's sworn deposition, remains."

You truly think the two are similar? Using the word "colluding " with the DNC? Junior went into the meeting with the assumption that they had information for him. My guess is they probably did. But the fact that you believe what ANY Trump says proves that you can't look at the information without a bias.
I believe the Trumps as much as I believe all of the breathless howling that I hear by their opposition. There's likely a grain of truth to both sides. We are screwed either way, right?

Reactions: Cajun54
I believe the Trumps as much as I believe all of the breathless howling that I hear by their opposition. There's likely a grain of truth to both sides. We are screwed either way, right?

Um...no. Rather than make throwing up your hands and giving up, I'd humbly suggest spending time critically analyzing the important components of what is happening and fighting for better outcomes.

Yes. Some at the Democratic National Committee preferred the Democrat in the Democratic primary election. Shocking.

The use of "collude" is also amusing. A horny couple colludes to get their clothes off. The cops collude with victims and witnesses to catch criminals. Businesses collude with suppliers to make sales to customers. Everyone colludes, so what's the big deal?

yes, the DNC wanted a candidate that would represent Wall St. and the investor class, not the citizenry.

Wall St and the moneyed interests own both parties, and neither want anything to do with a candidate that represents the working class and citizenry first.

yes, the DNC wanted a candidate that would represent Wall St. and the investor class, not the citizenry.

Wall St and the moneyed interests own both parties, and neither want anything to do with a candidate that represents the working class and citizenry first.

So, obviously, you got the guy in office you wanted. How’s the purity test working out for ya?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...rump-dossier-u-s-firm-discloses-idUSKBN1D15XH

Just as a follow-up Perkins Coie paid $1.02 million to Fusion GPS, who paid $168,000 for Steele's dossier work.

Reuters said:
Fusion GPS’ statement said it had told Congress about how $168,000 was paid last year to Orbis Business Intelligence, Steele’s company.

The money paid to Orbis was taken from $1.02 million it received in fees and expenses from the Perkins Coie law firm, the statement said. The law firm represented the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, although initial research by Fusion into Trump and other Republican primary candidates was commissioned by a conservative website.

The idea that Perkins Coie gave all the money they got from DNC/Clinton Campaign/Obama campaign to Steele has always been ludicrous. They're a big, super-expensive law firm.

Best decision Trump has ever made in his life -- five women? An impulse control too.
Anyone in the world would know that five women would have drowned the Orange Devil that night. I suspect when you consider his height and girth, three would suffice.

The interesting thing here is that women were actually offered to him. He also said he didn't stay, so I'm not sure that means they didn't come eventually.

The interesting thing here is that women were actually offered to him. He also said he didn't stay, so I'm not sure that means they didn't come eventually.

When you have to 'entertain' your guest, you need to know his background and preferences. Being offered women is not surprising and I am pretty sure it wasnt the first time for Trump. (You dont lump five over unless you know the guy well.)
It happens everywhere -- anyone who has worked abroad can attest to it.
For Trump, his life sucks now because it will be tough to get away with it now.

When you have to 'entertain' your guest, you need to know his background and preferences. Being offered women is not surprising -- it happens everywhere -- anyone who has worked abroad can attest to it.
For Trump, his life sucks now because it will be tough to get away with it now.
I'm sure it happens often. But like you said you need to know your guest's preference. I find it hard to believe that OBama or W were offered women . Clinton....yeah, that I'd believe.

You can just imagine the scenario, can't you...Trump gets back to the hotel room....looks at minibar.....reads hotel TV guide......goes back to minbar and snaffles a Toblerone and a walnut whip......opens briefcase...closes briefcase.....wanders over to phone.......
"Ivan do you still have those girls available?"

Last edited:
Reactions: zeke4ahs
What do they need to "get off the hook" for?

When Trump was busted for willing to work with the Russian government to get dirt on Hillary, all the apologists said, "So what? That's what ALL campaigns do."

Now, magically, it's bad?

Heck, that "judge" on Faux said she'd personally work with Satan to get dirt on an opponent.

The difference was that millions were paid for an actual report that was fabricated without any validity at all. Paying a middle man who created garbage in return that the DNC ran with.....and the beat goes on.

You can just imagine the scenario, can't you...Trump gets back to the hotel room....looks at minibar.....reads hotel TV guide......goes back to minbar and snaffles a Toblerone and a walnut whip......opens briefcase...closes briefcase.....wanders over to phone.......
"Ivan do you still have those girls available?"
Are you talking about Bill?

The difference was that millions were paid for an actual report that was fabricated without any validity at all. Paying a middle man who created garbage in return that the DNC ran with.....and the beat goes on.
A perfect illustration of the baseless dumbassery to which Trump supporters must necessarily resort. Here’s a challenge: Prove that even a single one of your unhinged claims is true. I dare you.

What do you mean without any validity at all? Much of the dossier has now been collaborated. Pretty much everything except for the pee tape, I believe. And I'd be willing o bet at this point it's there.

What do you mean without any validity at all? Much of the dossier has now been collaborated. Pretty much everything except for the pee tape, I believe. And I'd be willing o bet at this point it's there.

We live in a world where facts are fake if they don't happen to agree with the outcomes. He just validated that new world reality.

A perfect illustration of the baseless dumbassery to which Trump supporters must necessarily resort. Here’s a challenge: Prove that even a single one of your unhinged claims is true. I dare you.

Probably alternative facts.

I suggest you try reading the news reports.

Collaborated? By who Hillary and Bill?

George Soros and Slate. Now that is credible, isn't it?
The dossier cost $168,000.00. Newsweek has a nice story on the dossier and it’s cost last week but if you listen solely to Trump and Fox I can understand your confusion.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-dossier-cost-millions-699816

Reactions: sglowrider
The dossier cost $168,000.00. Newsweek has a nice story on the dossier and it’s cost last week but if you listen solely to Trump and Fox I can understand your confusion.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-dossier-cost-millions-699816

Obviously as more claims and counter claims are checked out more details emerge.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/24/us/politics/clinton-dnc-russia-dossier.html.

This NYT reports refers to the $12 million number that is likely where Trump came up with his tweet. Of course Newsweek blamed Trump for fabricating the number by avoiding to point out that other so called credible news outlets quoted it first.

There were other reports indicating that the DNC paid lessor but still large amounts. Now it is being reported tha Obama's PAC paid $ to the same law firm during the same time as the DNC.

....and the beat goes on. Believe what you want ....we will likely never know the truth.

No, by George Soros. Speaking of news, perhaps you should try reading some. Here's a start. http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...eele_dossier_has_since_been_corroborated.html. Or you can try using google to find numerous others.

George Soros and Slate. Now that is credible, isn't it?
You didn't read it did you? I put George Soros in there because you said Hillary and Obama, so thought I'd just add another bogeyman for you. Since you can't seem to do your own research, as I suggested, and can't bother to read a link I supplied, like most Trumpsters, just keep believing your own fake set of "facts".

Obviously as more claims and counter claims are checked out more details emerge.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/24/us/politics/clinton-dnc-russia-dossier.html.

This NYT reports refers to the $12 million number that is likely where Trump came up with his tweet. Of course Newsweek blamed Trump for fabricating the number by avoiding to point out that other so called credible news outlets quoted it first.

There were other reports indicating that the DNC paid lessor but still large amounts. Now it is being reported tha Obama's PAC paid $ to the same law firm during the same time as the DNC.

....and the beat goes on. Believe what you want ....we will likely never know the truth.

That in a nutshell, symbolises the political dysfunction in America, folks.

Thank you, Mr Internet.

Trump remain the same man that he was when he was profiled in Vanity Fair some 25 years ago where his lawyer was quoted as saying, “Donald is a believer in the big lie theory. If say something again and again, people will believe you.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2015/07/donald-ivana-trump-divorce-prenup-marie-brenner
That exact article is when I started detesting Donald Trump. Been a Vanity Fair subscriber for years and referred people to that article during the election often. People in NY have always known exactly who and what he is. Biggest scam artist on the planet. I'll never get over the fact that we fell for it.

Reactions: Bill4411
That exact article is when I started detesting Donald Trump. Been a Vanity Fair subscriber for years and referred people to that article during the election often. People in NY have always known exactly who and what he is. Biggest scam artist on the planet. I'll never get over the fact that we fell for it.

“We” didn’t fall for anything. Trump lost by 3 million votes. The electoral college is what failed us...twice now.

Reactions: sglowrider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT