ADVERTISEMENT

The Dirty Dossier

Lucy01

Hall of Famer
Sep 16, 2014
This is unbelievable! How low the Clintons will go to get their way and the DNC was involved to.NOW we see who was really involved with the Russians.

Last edited:
It was already known that Clinton supporters/DNC picked up funding to continue to pay Fusion for their opposition research dossier after the original Republican campaign who funded it stopped.

Campaigns pay for opposition research all the time.

Edit: Clinton Campaign/DNC paid a law firm and as part of their services, they paid Fusion GPS and others for opposition research.

Last edited:
It was already known that Clinton supporters/DNC picked up funding to continue to pay Fusion for their opposition research dossier after the original Republican campaign who funded it stopped.

Campaigns pay for opposition research all the time.

Edit: Clinton Campaign/DNC paid a law firm and as part of their services, they paid Fusion GPS and others for opposition research.

They've been denying doing this for a year, Fro. Are you saying that, because the funds went thru an intermediary, that gets them off the hook?

They've been denying doing this for a year, Fro. Are you saying that, because the funds went thru an intermediary, that gets them off the hook?

There's nothing to get off the hook for except being the target of Whataboutism (which Lucy01 would parrot Hannity's talking points of the night on for something else).

For there to be a crime, someone in the Clinton campaign would had to leak an intentionally libelous false dossier about Trump to BuzzFeed. Just doing business with Fusion GPS isn't a crime even if they did pro-Russian lobbying for another client.

Also, of course the Wa Post & NYT are suddenly great when they serve Trump interests but "fake" when they print something people don't like.

I am shocked that the Democrats are involved in the very type of behavior they have been accusing others of. Shocked I say. Add this to Uranium One and have a good laugh about all that Russia collusion stuff blowing up in their face.

There's nothing to get off the hook for except being the target of Whataboutism (which Lucy01 would parrot Hannity's talking points of the night on for something else).

For there to be a crime, someone in the Clinton campaign would had to leak an intentionally libelous false dossier about Trump to BuzzFeed. Just doing business with Fusion GPS isn't a crime even if they did pro-Russian lobbying for another client.

Also, of course the Wa Post & NYT are suddenly great when they serve Trump interests but "fake" when they print something people don't like.
You need to go read the Drudge Report and educate yourself.

Reactions: IUBBALLAWOL

What do they need to "get off the hook" for?

When Trump was busted for willing to work with the Russian government to get dirt on Hillary, all the apologists said, "So what? That's what ALL campaigns do."

Now, magically, it's bad?

Heck, that "judge" on Faux said she'd personally work with Satan to get dirt on an opponent.

This is unbelievable! How low the Clintons will go to get their way and the DNC was involved to.NOW we see who was really involved with the Russians.
Actually Jeb is the one that ordered it to start with, but of course the DNC and then Clinton were involved. Is there anyone that didn't assume that already? Still can't wait to see th pee tape!

Uh, telling -- and maintaining -- a bald-faced lie?

What else have they been lying about?

You care that much about politicians lying, now? Seriously?

I honestly had no idea they denied this....I thought the original story was always that a GOP campaign started this....and the Dems then picked it up from there.

Actually Jeb is the one that ordered it to start with...

Given the current political landscape, this really isn't going to provide much comfort to anybody -- except those who are still viewing American politics through the increasingly obsolete prism of Dems vs. Reps.

You care that much about politicians lying, now? Seriously?

I honestly had no idea they denied this....I thought the original story was always that a GOP campaign started this....and the Dems then picked it up from there.

That's not it, twenty. I've long assumed that virtually all politicians lie. So it's not that I'm suddenly getting all faux outraged by one more having done it.

The people who have been lying about this are the same ones who have been pushing the Trump/Russia collusion narrative. Think about that for a second. Fusion GPS is Kremlin-connected.

Reactions: IUBBALLAWOL
Trump and his people have told us 10 different stories with their Russian involvement.

Odd how you never ask what they're hiding.

Oh, not true. I've been an advocate of investigating that story since the day it surfaced. Go back and find my posts (if they're still here, which they probably aren't). You will find that I have always advocated getting to the truth of Russian involvement in our election (and collusion by the Trump campaign, if that happened). I supported the appointment of a special prosecutor too.

Perhaps you're getting me confused with somebody else.

That's not it, twenty. I've long assumed that virtually all politicians lie. So it's not that I'm suddenly getting all faux outraged by one more having done it.

The people who have been lying about this are the same ones who have been pushing the Trump/Russia collusion narrative. Think about that for a second. Fusion GPS is Kremlin-connected.

Oh absolutely. Hypocrisy is the only truly bipartisan bedrock in politics.

Reactions: Timmy!
Maybe I'm missing something, but I still can't find any scandal here.

As I understand it, a Republican donor originally financed the dossier work, but when it became clear that Trump would be the nominee, Republicans lost interest. At that point, Democratic operatives began financing the dossier work. (All of that has been known for a long time.) It's the specific identity of the Democratic operatives that I guess we're now supposed to be upset about.

But no one working on the dossier file was even arguably colluding with a foreign enemy's intelligence operation, and opposition research is commonplace. Where's the beef?

Reactions: cosmickid
Yes, let's think about what you are thinking for a second.

You're thinking that Fusion GPS is Kremlin-connected so being connected to Fusion GPS is being Kremlin-connected and since Fusion GPS put together a dossier which exposes the misdeeds of the Kremlin, being connected to Fusion GPS is exposing the misdeeds of the Kremlin. Right?

So now the epitome of conservative thinking is that it's bad to be Kremlin-connected because that means you're exposing the misdeeds of the Kremlin.

Chorus sings: You've come a long way baby, to get where you've gotten today...

Queue crazed's obfuscations, denials, and backtracks.

What baffles me is why didn’t anyone release the Steele report prior to the election? Did Clinton think she didn’t need to because she was going to win? Or is there some decorum left in campaigning? The last election was so filthy and dirty I didn’t think there was any low that it wouldn’t sink.

What baffles me is why didn’t anyone release the Steele report prior to the election? Did Clinton think she didn’t need to because she was going to win? Or is there some decorum left in campaigning? The last election was so filthy and dirty I didn’t think there was any low that it wouldn’t sink.

It was floating around but no media outlet would publish it without verification.

I think BuzzFeed got sued for libel by one of the Russians named in the report when they published it in January.

As I understand it, a Republican donor originally financed the dossier work, but when it became clear that Trump would be the nominee, Republicans lost interest. At that point, Democratic operatives began financing the dossier work. (All of that has been known for a long time.) It's the specific identity of the Democratic operatives that I guess we're now supposed to be upset about.

But no one working on the dossier file was even arguably colluding with a foreign enemy's intelligence operation, and opposition research is commonplace. Where's the beef?

Never underestimate the ability of Clinton hatred to keep republican voters focused. This and the uranium “scandal” will be so focused on by Fox and other republican media this time next year, you’re gonna think Clinton is on the ballot.

It's a distraction. Meanwhile, we have actual traitors in this WH and Congress in both parties working on behalf of the following govts: Russia, Saudi Arabia, Israel, UAE.

Reactions: IU40IU
Actually Jeb is the one that ordered it to start with, but of course the DNC and then Clinton were involved. Is there anyone that didn't assume that already? Still can't wait to see th pee tape!
The BBC retracted their implication that Jeb had anything to do with it. Additionally:

Bush's spokeswoman, Kristy Campbell, denied any involvement between Bush and Steele.

"It is absolutely not true that Governor Bush had any knowledge or involvement with this gentleman and his allegations," Bush spokeswoman Kristy Campbell told Reuters by phone. "It’s nothing we’ve ever seen before."
My guess is that you will never get your chance to see a 'pee tape' since it likely doesn't exist. This Russia collusion business has never made any sense to me, but knowing the Clintons were involved connects some dots as to why an unsubstantiated piece of fiction has been so hard to kill.

The BBC retracted their implication that Jeb had anything to do with it. Additionally:

Bush's spokeswoman, Kristy Campbell, denied any involvement between Bush and Steele.

"It is absolutely not true that Governor Bush had any knowledge or involvement with this gentleman and his allegations," Bush spokeswoman Kristy Campbell told Reuters by phone. "It’s nothing we’ve ever seen before."
My guess is that you will never get your chance to see a 'pee tape' since it likely doesn't exist. This Russia collusion business has never made any sense to me, but knowing the Clintons were involved connects some dots as to why an unsubstantiated piece of fiction has been so hard to kill.
And Mueller is just wasting his time, right? I think there are many dots to be connected, but not many of them have anything to do with the Clinton's.

And Mueller is just wasting his time, right? I think there are many dots to be connected, but not many of them have anything to do with the Clinton's.
Why would you make a statement like this!

I'm not so sure he's wasting his time. So far, there is very little if anything to connect this Russia mess to Trump. I assume anything concrete would have been leaked by now. Looks more like there might have been some nefarious activity in Obama's DOJ in collusion with Hillary's state dept. I'm not sure Mueller intended to expose those issues, nor am I confident he can be trusted to follow up on that (not his job*), but I am popping corn just in case.

Edit*

You need to go read the Drudge Report and educate yourself.
I prefer Infowars for my conspiracy theories.

This Russia collusion business has never made any sense to me, but knowing the Clintons were involved connects some dots as to why an unsubstantiated piece of fiction has been so hard to kill.
You don't know whether Team Trump colluded with the Russians, so you have no basis to claim that claims of collusion are a "piece of fiction." It's a matter that's under investigation.

Unless you're privy to information I haven't seen, you also don't know that "the Clintons" were involved in the preparation of the Steele dossier. You don't know that the Clintons had even seen it before it became public.

The Steele dossier is a tiny part of Robert Mueller's extensive investigation. You can't explain how involvement by "the Clintons" in financing the work that led to the Steele dossier could establish that the dossier is bogus, let alone that Mueller's investigation is bogus.

We do know that Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort were eager to collude with people they'd been told were representatives of a Russian government effort to help elect Trump. This admitted attempt to collude with Russian operatives raises no suspicion at all, yet attenuated suggestions of "the Clintons'" involvement in financing the Steele dossier causes you to dismiss the entire Mueller investigation -- about which we know virtually nothing.

And of course no Republican suspicions are aroused by the Republican financing that got this oppo research started in the first place.

I don't mean to single you out, but your post exemplifies the Clinton Derangement Syndrome that causes too many Republicans to stop thinking as soon as they hear references to "the Clintons". Like many others on the right, you "know" the Clintons were involved in the preparation of the Steele dossier without any evidence -- and that allows you to dismiss the entire Mueller investigation -- yet you ridicule the notion of collusion by Team Trump even though they admittedly tried to collude with Russian operatives.

As I have tried to insist throughout all of the deranged Republican nonsense about Benghazi! et al., maybe it would be useful to stick with reasonably well-established facts

I don't know if Team Trump successfully colluded with the Russians, but I do know that Trump himself has been bizarrely and effusively supportive of Putin. Meanwhile, Trump has publicly engaged in an obstruction of justice that would make no sense if he had nothing to hide. I don't know if Trump is hiding collusion, but I'd be astonished if he's hiding nothing. And unlike Hillary Clinton, of course, he's the President of the United States.

But what do Republicans want to investigate? Hillary Clinton. Because of course they do.

Reactions: hoosboot and MrBing
. This Russia collusion business has never made any sense to me, .

Why?

The Trumps were told the Russian government wanted to give them dirt on Hillary and their reply was, "I love it!!" and set up a meeting.

Today, it was reported that Trump's analytical company contacted Assange (who works for Russia) for help.

Instead of starting a new thread, any speculation why Trump hasn't imposed the new sanctions on Russia? He's three weeks late.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
I'm not so sure he's wasting his time. So far, there is very little if anything to connect this Russia mess to Trump. *

You means besides Trump Jr getting an email saying the Russian government wanted to help him destroy Hillary and he got a woody?

Also, if there is "nothing" to it, why does Trump obsess over it 24/7? If anybody is acting like he's hiding something, it's him.

You means besides Trump Jr getting an email saying the Russian government wanted to help him destroy Hillary and he got a woody?

Also, if there is "nothing" to it, why does Trump obsess over it 24/7? If anybody is acting like he's hiding something, it's him.

That meeting was about adoptions...get your talking points straight. And there were only two people at the meeting. Wait, three people. No, wait, four people. Hang on, maybe it was five. Meh, whatever

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
And new information today about Trump's analytics firm reaching out to Assange for Hillary's emails.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT