ADVERTISEMENT

The best part of Biden dropping out

Last edited:
That's false. Maybe you didn't pay attention to the first admin.

This is my point...he isn't "for" anything. And if he feels attacked, mocked, whatever Harris does with this new "platform" of his...he'll abandon it immediately.

He'll govern with things that help himself, his business efforts, and his family...that's the reality.

That's false. Maybe you didn't pay attention to the first admin.

Those numbers are dated and projections. Green cards held steady at about 1 million a year until Covid.

If you have a case for why that number should me more than a million, make it.

Reactions: Palmbeachhoosier
It’s just projection. Trump supporters have been painting his opponents with Trump’s shortcomings and issues for years now. Trump is a perpetual liar. Well, Hillary can’t be trusted. Trump is old. Well, Biden has dementia. Trump is an adulterer . Well, Harris slept here way to the top.

It always comes back to this. With Trump, they just don’t care. These are people who can brush 1/6 under the rug. He’s their guy and that’s all that matters.
Projection my ass.

Trumps lies and never Trump lies. Trump’s lies are at least directionally true. Yesterday he said millions of illegals cross the border every month. That isn’t true, but it is directionally true. The never Trumpers create a whole false reality with their lies. Biden is sharper than ever. Trump is a Russian agent.

Trump is old. So what? Age isn’t a disability. Harris dawdles and is petrified about negative consequences of important decisions. Trump is neither. Age has nothing to do with it.

Trump is an adulterer. Who cares and why?

There iare damn good reasons why Harris failed miserably in her 2020 campaign. Big media, big tech, and big government are making damn sure that her significant shortcoming don’t again send her to crushing defeat.

Projection my ass.

Trumps lies and never Trump lies. Trump’s lies are at least directionally true. Yesterday he said millions of illegals cross the border every month. That isn’t true, but it is directionally true. The never Trumpers create a whole false reality with their lies. Biden is sharper than ever. Trump is a Russian agent.

Trump is old. So what? Age isn’t a disability. Harris dawdles and is petrified about negative consequences of important decisions. Trump is neither. Age has nothing to do with it.

Trump is an adulterer. Who cares and why?

There iare damn good reasons why Harris failed miserably in her 2020 campaign. Big media, big tech, and big government are making damn sure that her significant shortcoming don’t again send her to crushing defeat.
I had to stop after “directionally true” to clean up my spit out coffee.

Go through each of the bullet points you claim Harris is clueless on and give a yes or no about Trumps knowledge on those same topics.

From his statements at rallies, it certainly appears that he believes asylum seekers are mental facility escapees.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I had to stop after “directionally true” to clean up my spit out coffee.

Go through each of the bullet points you claim Harris is clueless on and give a yes or no about Trumps knowledge on those same topics.

From his statements at rallies, it certainly appears that he believes asylum seekers are mental facility escapees.
Yeah. Trump is wrong about that. They aren’t escapees.

Reactions: stollcpa
Trump sits for interviews where he is asked about the economy, foreign policy, energy, immigration, education and more. Meanwhile Harris stays tethered to highly scripted banalities on her teleprompter. Her campaign admits she can run on the national anti-Trump vibe, talking policy is no longer needed nor relevant. You and others who buy this hogwash are a huge problem, you will probably win. Ugh!

Reactions: stollcpa
Trump sits for interviews where he is asked about the economy, foreign policy, energy, immigration, education and more. Meanwhile Harris stays tethered to highly scripted banalities on her teleprompter. Her campaign admits she can run on the national anti-Trump vibe, talking policy is no longer needed nor relevant. You and others who buy this hogwash are a huge problem, you will probably win. Ugh!

Reactions: Palmbeachhoosier
Trump is not anti-immigration , he is just anti-illegal immigration. Which you are correct closely mirrors Obama's policy.

And yet people legally going through the asylum process were called illegals because they crossed the border illegally, which used to be allowed under US Immigration Law.

However, Biden changed the policy back in Feb of 2023 to deport people that cross the border illegally so they have to use ports of entry. Apparently a change that gets ignored in an effort to paint dems as bad on the border.

I'll help this discussion with the 1800s. We received a lot of Irish and Italians who weren't well-skilled and were discriminated against terribly. The draft riot in NY in the Civil War were unskilled Irish worried the Blacks would move north and pass them in the pecking order.

The Germans sent us some very skilled people, but many non-skilled people. Those came over and moved to Ohio, Indiana Iowa, and Wisconsin.

Many of the Scotch-Irish that came over were unskilled and became dirt farmers (my personal family history).

The Chinese started coming in, unskilled, and we used them to build railroads.

America isn't struggling to produce CEOs, CFOs, and managers. We are struggling to fill lower end jobs. Most restaurants are still short-staffed. Anyone can Google the words "farm labor shortage". We are woefully short of people in that area. In fact, Google "unskilled labor shortage" and see what appears.
You are missing the whole point.

The point is not whether we should have immigration. The point is that immigration should be controlled, orderly, and used for our common good.

The first clue of a serious problem is that the illegal immigration advocates now use the euphemism “migrants” for illegal immigrants, signaling that illegal immigration is okay..

The illegals strain budgets for public welfare benefits to the breaking point. Denver and many other places shut-down or reduce other public facilities to fund illegal immigrant necessities.

We have no ability to screen people and deny entry to undesirables

Sex and drug trafficking are real and a huge unspoken problem in our media/government apparatus.

Last edited:
It’s just projection. Trump supporters have been painting his opponents with Trump’s shortcomings and issues for years now. Trump is a perpetual liar. Well, Hillary can’t be trusted. Trump is old. Well, Biden has dementia. Trump is an adulterer . Well, Harris slept here way to the top.
The problem you have is that all of those lines of attack are based in some factual data points. Some embellished for political reasons but Hillary was pretty scummy, Biden was so with it his own party forced him out, and Kamala did get jobs from sleeping with her boyfriend. All facts.
It always comes back to this. With Trump, they just don’t care. These are people who can brush 1/6 under the rug. He’s their guy and that’s all that matters.
Also with this, you all don't give a shit about all the certifiably true things about the people you vote for either. Because Trump is worser, you agree more with your rogues, or whatever. Then you guys turn around and question the morality, intelligence, and ethics of people for supporting such a bad person when you just laid out how you are willing to do the same. You justify it by saying, "Well Trump is worse." Bullshit. Complete bullshit. For the vast majority of you, it is for the same reasons people are voting for Trump on this side. You don't like the GOP. You all were lining up the same arguments against DeSantis earlier this year when you thought he was gaining traction.

Why is Trump better than the Democrats? Because he won't fill his administration with Democrats. Period. That is the rationale. And it is the rationale that people will use to vote for Harris, just in the opposite direction. I think what we would enjoy is sparing us the sermonizing for behavior you all are more than happy to engage in when it suits your political interests.

You are missing the whole point.

The point is not whether we should have immigration. The point is that immigration should be controlled, orderly, and used for our common good.

The first clue of a serious problem is that the illegal immigration advocates now use the euphemism “migrants” for illegal immigrants, signaling that illegal immigration is okay..

The illegals strain budgets for public welfare benefits to the breaking point. Denver and many other places shut-down or reduce other public facilities to fund illegal immigrant necessities.

We have no ability to screen people and deny entry to undesirables

Sex and drug trafficking are real and a huge unspoken problem in our media/government apparatus.

Wasn't Mark M's point that Trump wanted to REDUCE legal immigration?

I am not supportive of illegal, but to play my Socratic duty, if these people had the legal right to work, would there be this problem?

I don’t agree. But I’d like to read your argument about this?
Trump doesn't support free trade, he sees trade deficits in certain goods and services as a sign of being "ripped off" rather than a manifestation of efficiency and specialization. That is of course muddied when talking about a geopolitical threat in China, but in terms the EU it's nonsense talk.

Entitlements is self explanatory. We're headed for a fiscal cliff and while previous Republicans have at least paid lip service to restructuring/ cutting, Trump doesn't even try. He's completely given up the fight against The great Society.

He clearly has no conviction on abortion, despite his judicial appointments. Although, he's probably correct the issue should lie with the states, he's never going to use the bully pulpit to be a pro-life advocate.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Trump doesn't support free trade,
USMCA suggests otherwise. Trump uses tariffs as diplomatic leverage. That has been a successful tactic with Mexico and China.
Entitlements
Agree. I’m not sure this is a MAGA/conservative issue. Trumps overall position is with a strong economy, entitlements will take care of themselves. Some truth in that, but I agree we have a problem of not enough kids.
He clearly has no conviction on abortion,
Good for him! Abortion is not up to the President, or even the federal government. The media and democrats inject abortion into presidential Politics only to give the democrats an issue.

The Elon talk was.... Interesting ....

A lot of the normal Trump ramblings that often said nothing. But at least he talked in an open forum for what must have been a couple hours.

Kamala needs to step up and do something even approaching that
No really all she has to do is let him talk. He just makes zero sense and further alienates independents he needs to win. His gloom and doom didn’t work in 2020 and will play even worse in 24. Don’t you just love the way he constantly trashes this country. And only he can fix it. Look at the deficit at the end of the Obama presidency and where Orange Jesus took it. Going down again under the current administration. Simple fact.

This is my point...he isn't "for" anything. And if he feels attacked, mocked, whatever Harris does with this new "platform" of his...he'll abandon it immediately.

He'll govern with things that help himself, his business efforts, and his family...that's the reality.

Thank goodness for the so-called "muslim ban". If you have to ask why see the WC thread styled as 'the problem with Islam'.. The other immigration he slowed were such economic drivers as refugees, (false) asylum seekers, and 'diversity immigration'. What he didn't slow, and what he advocates, is merit-based immigration.

I'm not a big border guy. Best times in our history economically have come shortly after massive immigration waves. Most people I know aren't even having kids.
Lol…of course you’re not. By the way this is why Trump took over the party.

Lol…of course you’re not. By the way this is why Trump took over the party.
It’s kind of crazy to me that people will cite slowing birth rate as a reason for an open border while decrying JD Vance as a weirdo for advocating natalism/ pro-family policies.

People. One of these options is preferable to the other. And sustainable.

Reactions: IUCrazy2
It’s kind of crazy to me that people will cite slowing birth rate as a reason for an open border while decrying JD Vance as a weirdo for advocating natalism/ pro-family policies.

I’ll give Twenty credit for being honest. Illegal immigration doesn’t impact him negatively. Wealthier people are insulated from it. Kids can go to private schools, their not moving into their neighbors, their not competing against them for jobs, and etc. And they get the benefits of cheaper decks, roofs, and whatever services they need. The negative impacts fall on the working class and working poor. I just wish wealthier conservatives would care more so we win more f#cking elections.

I’ll also add the rate of it absolutely matters, especially with the size of the Government now.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUCrazy2

It's not either-or. Babies can't hold down jobs. So we need both immigration and more births. Luckily, immigrants tend to be rather procreative.

Cradle to grave benes, border, gas, culture, defund, bail, redistribution. That’s Harris in 2020. She has a record. I get disdain for trump but Harris isn’t a matter of first impression

images
She is moving to center, her VP is a rural dude. Trump better hope word salad comes out soon or his goose might be cooked. Women are streaming away from Cat lady BS

It's not either-or. Babies can't hold down jobs. So we need both immigration and more births. Luckily, immigrants tend to be rather procreative.
Every Haitian woman in Daviess Co…is pregnant. And providing healthcare is a huge challenge. Language barrier is impossible to navigate. It’s not a safe situation

She is moving to center, her VP is a rural dude. Trump better hope word salad comes out soon or his goose might be cooked. Women are streaming away from Cat lady BS
As soon as they decided the lies about Biden's mental acuity and energy level weren't gonna hold any longer, he was cooked.

As someone who wasn't going to vote for either, the 180 by the left side of the MSM is nothing short of sickening to watch. It's a steady diet of BS being fed to the masses that is a bit shocking, even as a cynic.

Fox is still reeling from the Dominion beat down, but even if they weren't, they wouldn't be able to effectively counter with their version of the BS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT