ADVERTISEMENT

The B1G will be The B2G?

IUCX9

Junior
Nov 30, 2018
Reports indicate immininet deals with UW and OR. I can see adding 2 more in Stanford and Cal is in the tea leaves, but would prefer adding 2 East Coast teams instead. Or 1 from each coast.

That would bring the conference to an even 20, which is better than 18. Scheduling gets better from a logistics standpoint.

I can see Four 5-team divisions.

East Div
PSU
Rut
MD
*UVA?
*VaTech? Clemson?

Cental Div
IU
IL
Neb
IA
pu

North Div
UM
MSU
OSU
MINN
NU

West Div
USC
UCLA
*UW?
*OR?
*STANFORD? CAL?

4 divisional games, 2 games from each div give 10 game schedule. 2 non conference games. 4 team B2G Champ Playoff. Alternate playoff and champ game between Indy and Rose Bowl.

Localized annual schedule with minimal travel for all teams. Preserves historical/regional conference matchups.

Reports indicate immininet deals with UW and OR. I can see adding 2 more in Stanford and Cal is in the tea leaves, but would prefer adding 2 East Coast teams instead. Or 1 from each coast.

That would bring the conference to an even 20, which is better than 18. Scheduling gets better from a logistics standpoint.

East Div
PSU
Rut
MD
*UVA?
*VaTech? Clemson?

Cental Div
IU
IL
Neb
IA
pu

North Div
UM
MSU
OSU
MINN
NU

West Div
USC
UCLA
*UW?
*OR?
*STANFORD? CAL?

4 divisional games, 2 games from each div give 10 game schedule. 2 non conference games. 4 team B2G Champ Playoff. Alternate playoff and champ game between Indy and Rose Bowl.

Localized annual schedule with minimal travel for all teams. Preserves historical/regional conference matchups.

Are you booting wisconsin to make room for a 3rd new school?

East
  1. Penn State
  2. Rutgers
  3. Maryland
  4. East Coast Addition
  5. East Coast Addition
Central
  1. Ohio State
  2. Indiana
  3. purdue
  4. Illinois
  5. Northwestern
Northern
  1. Michigan
  2. Michigan St
  3. Wisconsin
  4. Iowa
  5. Minnesota
West
  1. UCLA
  2. USC
  3. Oregon
  4. Washington
  5. Nebraska

Seems like they would have to go back to some kind of divisions to limit the cross country traveling as much as possible. If we end up with that central division above, then we finally have a shot at winning seasons

If just 2 divisions
East
  1. Ohio State
  2. Penn State
  3. Rutgers
  4. Maryland
  5. Indiana
  6. purdue
  7. Michigan
  8. Michigan St
  9. East Coast Addition
  10. East Coast Addition
West
  1. UCLA
  2. USC
  3. Wisconsin
  4. Iowa
  5. Minnesota
  6. Oregon
  7. Nebraska
  8. Washington
  9. Illinois
  10. Northwestern

Last edited:

East Div
PSU
Rut
MD
*UVA?
*VaTech? Clemson?

Cental Div
IU
IL
Neb
IA
pu

North Div
UM
MSU
OSU
MINN
NU

West Div
USC
UCLA
*UW?
*OR?
*STANFORD? CAL?

Nice breakdown,some interesting times ahead that’s for sure.

East Div
PSU
Rut
MD
*UVA?
*VaTech? Clemson?

Cental Div
IU
IL
Neb
IA
pu

North Div
UM
MSU
OSU
MINN
NU

West Div
USC
UCLA
*UW?
*OR?
*STANFORD? CAL?

They may now just call it the BIG. Saves on printing costs and digital bytes.

East Div
PSU
Rut
MD
*UVA?
*VaTech? Clemson?

Cental Div
IU
IL
Neb
IA
pu

North Div
UM
MSU
OSU
MINN
NU

West Div
USC
UCLA
*UW?
*OR?
*STANFORD? CAL?

Apparently CAL and Stanford are a no.

East Div
PSU
Rut
MD
*UVA?
*VaTech? Clemson?

Cental Div
IU
IL
Neb
IA
pu

North Div
UM
MSU
OSU
MINN
NU

West Div
USC
UCLA
*UW?
*OR?
*STANFORD? CAL?

This idea was in another thread. There is NO WAY they will go into 4 divisions. Why would you ask your conference to play one extra game and miss out on the chance of one of them NOT making the playoffs? The B1G will likely get 3-4 teams in yearly. Only the Champ will get the bye. So the loser of the B1G title game will have already played 14 games and then probably go on the road because they fell in the rankings because they just lost.

If (when) it goes to 20 teams there will be 2 divisions and probably east/west. The same people who bitch about NIL and CFB is turning into the pro game, are the same ones who have these ideas that make it look more and more like the NFL. It won’t be long before students athletes form a union and with ideas like this and adding more games, I don’t blame them.

Reactions: vesuvius13

East
  1. Ohio State
  2. Penn State
  3. Rutgers
  4. Maryland
  5. East Coast Addition (UVA, VA Tech, Clemson..)
Central
  1. Nebraska
  2. Indiana
  3. Purdue
  4. Illinois
  5. Northwestern
Northern
  1. Michigan
  2. Michigan St
  3. Wisconsin
  4. Iowa
  5. Minnesota
West
  1. UCLA
  2. USC
  3. Oregon
  4. Washington
  5. West Coast Addition (Stanford or Cal)

Seems like they would have to go back to some kind of divisions to limit the cross country traveling as much as possible. If we end up with that central division above (easily the weakest group of 5), then we finally have a shot at winning seasons
I think you add Ohio St to the Central, move Nebraska to the west and then try and pick up 2 ACC teams. You already have the biggest markets you are likely to get out west wrapped up. You have FSU looking to bail on the ACC. That gets you into the Florida market. Then you make a decision between Virginia, North Carolina, Clemson, and maybe Georgia Tech.

I think you add Ohio St to the Central, move Nebraska to the west and then try and pick up 2 ACC teams. You already have the biggest markets you are likely to get out west wrapped up. You have FSU looking to bail on the ACC. That gets you into the Florida market. Then you make a decision between Virginia, North Carolina, Clemson, and maybe Georgia Tech.

If Cal and Stanford are a no like mentioned by victor, then looks like that will be the case.

That would stink for nebraska as far as constantly traveling to the west coast though.

This idea was in another thread. There is NO WAY they will go into 4 divisions. Why would you ask your conference to play one extra game and miss out on the chance of one of them NOT making the playoffs? The B1G will likely get 3-4 teams in yearly. Only the Champ will get the bye. So the loser of the B1G title game will have already played 14 games and then probably go on the road because they fell in the rankings because they just lost.

If (when) it goes to 20 teams there will be 2 divisions and probably east/west. The same people who bitch about NIL and CFB is turning into the pro game, are the same ones who have these ideas that make it look more and more like the NFL. It won’t be long before students athletes form a union and with ideas like this and adding more games, I don’t blame them.

We just dumped divisions for a reason. Don't see them coming back.

If Cal and Stanford are a no like mentioned by victor, then looks like that will be the case.

That would stink for nebraska as far as constantly traveling to the west coast though.
California was and remains a huge recruiting focus for Nebraska football, so I suspect they’d be fine with that.

Reactions: Indyhorn
IUCX9, think you have to add a better team to the Central. I would place Penn State, Ohio $tate, Michigan and USC in separate pods/divisions and then build around them with a combination of B, C and D grade teams to even things out,

East
  1. Penn State
  2. Rutgers
  3. Maryland
  4. East Coast Addition (UVA, VA Tech, Clemson..)
  5. East Coast Addition (UVA, VA Tech, Clemson..)
Central
  1. Ohio State
  2. Indiana
  3. Purdue
  4. Illinois
  5. Northwestern
Northern
  1. Michigan
  2. Michigan St
  3. Wisconsin
  4. Iowa
  5. Minnesota
West
  1. UCLA
  2. USC
  3. Oregon
  4. Washington
  5. Nebraska

Seems like they would have to go back to some kind of divisions to limit the cross country traveling as much as possible. If we end up with that central division above, then we finally have a shot at winning seasons

If just 2 divisions
East
  1. Ohio State
  2. Penn State
  3. Rutgers
  4. Maryland
  5. Indiana
  6. Purdue
  7. Michigan
  8. Michigan St
  9. East Coast Addition (UVA, VA Tech, Clemson..
  10. East Coast Addition (UVA, VA Tech, Clemson..)
West
  1. UCLA
  2. USC
  3. Wisconsin
  4. Iowa
  5. Minnesota
  6. Oregon
  7. Nebraska
  8. Washington
  9. Illinois
  10. Northwestern
Yeah screw Wisconsin.

But really, your divs look good.

They will play an extra game for the same reason they expanded: more money.

It's that simple.

IUCX9, think you have to add a better team to the Central. I would place Penn State, Ohio $tate, Michigan and USC in separate pods/divisions and then build around them with a combination of B, C and D grade teams to even things out,
Nope. I like where IU sits in my lineup.

OSU and UM can be in the same div because I don't want to watch that game twice every year.

If our conference gets big enough, then will the conference championship be bigger than the ncas championship? Lol

Now would be the time for Indiana to go all-in on football. I'd ❤️ to see it!!

Indiana will have a ton of leverage in the coaching market should that rear its head. Just keeping their status in such a power conference gives the football program leverage. Hopefully those in charge are smart enough to recognize it.

East Div
PSU
Rut
MD
*UVA?
*VaTech? Clemson?

Cental Div
IU
IL
Neb
IA
pu

North Div
UM
MSU
OSU
MINN
NU

West Div
USC
UCLA
*UW?
*OR?
*STANFORD? CAL?

Nice work! I noticed that pu was the only school not capitalized!! LOL

Why did we throw a life line to these two?

It's like inviting the big brother older to play, and after saying "no" to the little brother coming with him, we let him come too because he started crying.

Now would be the time for Indiana to go all-in on football. I'd ❤️ to see it!!

Indiana will have a ton of leverage in the coaching market should that rear its head. Just keeping their status in such a power conference gives the football program leverage. Hopefully those in charge are smart enough to recognize it.
You know better than that, right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT