ADVERTISEMENT

That Time Fox Business’ Larry Kudlow Touted Liz Truss’ ‘Terrific’ Economic Plan, Compared It to Kevin McCarthy’s (Video)

We saw how it worked lol

I don't follow British politics b/c they are confusing af, but it sounds like her biggest mistake was some mini-budget and allowing her finance minister to push such through. Kwasi Kwarteng may not have a job for the rest of his life.

44 days is hardly a reflection of the actual policies themselves. But you knew that.

I don't follow British politics b/c they are confusing af, but it sounds like her biggest mistake was some mini-budget and allowing her finance minister to push such through. Kwasi Kwarteng may not have a job for the rest of his life.

44 days is hardly a reflection of the actual policies themselves. But you knew that.
Have you seen the drop in the value of the pound?

I believe that budget, the idea that massive tax cuts to the wealthy would fix the UK's problems, was the center point of her candidacy. Without it, she didn't have much to offer her party.

Have you seen the drop in the value of the pound?

Compared to what? Have you seen the appreciation of DXY across the board? Have you seen the plummet in global treasuries and equities, including those in the U.S.? Are you going to blame her for BIden's economic failures too?

I believe that budget, the idea that massive tax cuts to the wealthy would fix the UK's problems, was the center point of her candidacy. Without it, she didn't have much to offer her party.

Sounds like her massive tax cut proposal was an offset to the fiscal policy tightening. Terrible timing with regards to inflation though.

Seems odd they didn't foresee how the markets would react.

That was her mistake. She pushed the plan without it being scored by their CBO equivalent. Cutting corporate taxes is exactly what they (and we) need at this time, only if government spending is frozen at the same time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT