ADVERTISEMENT

I'm confused. So do we want lower gas prices or not? :confused: Because Fox news seems to be torn...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
So Larry Kudlow joining a couple of Fox anchors a couple of months ago to discuss inflation, primarily gas prices...Btw, check out Larry Kudlow (who worked in the Trump Admin) taking the Biden Admin to task because THEY never acknowledge blame for a problem? I mean Larry did you forget you worked for Donnie Trump? And you're trying to complain about anyone else refusing to accept responsibility for ANYTHING? And you're doing it with a straight face? :eek:

Now compare what Larry said about what caused an increase in gas prices, with what Chevron CEO Mike Wirth said about a month later regarding his analysis of what caused rising oil prices. Doesn't sound like he's echoing many of Larry's claims...

Now revisit the two Fox anchors featured in video 1, and here they are seemingly bemoaning that the lowering of gas prices threatens mom/pop gas stations. I mean it's literally the same two clowns who just 2 months ago were lamenting the cost of gas. Apologies for the fact that this isn't a direct Fox video production. But as you might expect they aren't particularly eager to put their hypocrisy on display...

So if the rise in gas prices was Biden's fault ,and gas prices are now decreasing more quickly than they normally do when oil prices lower, what part of this whole gas price scenario does Biden deserve blame/praise for?

So Larry Kudlow joining a couple of Fox anchors a couple of months ago to discuss inflation, primarily gas prices...Btw, check out Larry Kudlow (who worked in the Trump Admin) taking the Biden Admin to task because THEY never acknowledge blame for a problem? I mean Larry did you forget you worked for Donnie Trump? And you're trying to complain about anyone else refusing to accept responsibility for ANYTHING? And you're doing it with a straight face? :eek:

Now compare what Larry said about what caused an increase in gas prices, with what Chevron CEO Mike Wirth said about a month later regarding his analysis of what caused rising oil prices. Doesn't sound like he's echoing many of Larry's claims...

Now revisit the two Fox anchors featured in video 1, and here they are seemingly bemoaning that the lowering of gas prices threatens mom/pop gas stations. I mean it's literally the same two clowns who just 2 months ago were lamenting the cost of gas. Apologies for the fact that this isn't a direct Fox video production. But as you might expect they aren't particularly eager to put their hypocrisy on display...

So if the rise in gas prices was Biden's fault ,and gas prices are now decreasing more quickly than they normally do when oil prices lower, what part of this whole gas price scenario does Biden deserve blame/praise for?
You might be on to something. Keep investigating and report back to us.

You’re looking into this too much. These are republicans you’re talking about. If it helps republicans, or a republican did it, it’s good. If it helps democrats, or a democrat did it, it’s bad. Republicans are not complicated creatures.

You’re looking into this too much. These are republicans you’re talking about. If it helps republicans, or a republican did it, it’s good. If it helps democrats, or a democrat did it, it’s bad. Republicans are not complicated creatures.

Agree, but it works both ways.

I feel dumber now.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Dems sure the hell are. Just ask one to define what a "woman" is. You will see exactly how complicated they are.

Typical of many of the Trump Pubs on this board. Attack or ignore the underlying message without stopping to actually think about what is being said. Sad part is you think you sound smart.
Don't even. If you are a supporter of the democratic party,on any level,you aren't smart enough to have this type of conversation. Let's not start this...I will ask you to define what a woman is....just saying. You don't want that

Don't even. If you are a supporter of the democratic party,on any level,you aren't smart enough to have this type of conversation. Let's not start this...I will ask you to define what a woman is....just saying. You don't want that
Simpleton, I've voted Republican probably more times than you have. By the quality of your posts, I'm guessing you are in your 20s?

Just because I think Trump was/is unfit for office does not make me a Democrat. See, it's people like you that spend all day worrying about defining what a woman is, whether trans should play sports, CRT and the various other things Fox news feeds you that have really screwed things up.

Why don't you learn from Aloha, Ranger, McMurtry and the other mature/reasonable Republicans on this board.

Seeing as you just recently crawled out from under a rock, I'm guessing you are someone reincarnated.

Now you best get back to Laura Ingraham so she can give you your latest marching orders. Or did Tucker take care of that for you already sheep?

Simpleton, I've voted Republican probably more times than you have. By the quality of your posts, I'm guessing you are in your 20s?

Just because I think Trump was/is unfit for office does not make me a Democrat. See, it's people like you that spend all day worrying about defining what a woman is, whether trans should play sports, CRT and the various other things Fox news feeds you that have really screwed things up.

Why don't you learn from Aloha, Ranger, McMurtry and the other mature/reasonable Republicans on this board.

Seeing as you just recently crawled out from under a rock, I'm guessing you are someone reincarnated.

Now you best get back to Laura Ingraham so she can give you your latest marching orders. Or did Tucker take care of that for you already sheep?
Blah blah blah blah blah...you don't like Trump because he's mean. Which means you are part of the problem. It's not even about Trump. It's about the bs narrative that everyone should be nice. Like him or not,Trump was a good president economically. I just don't care about making sure nobody has their feelings hurt. Get over it

Blah blah blah blah blah...you don't like Trump because he's mean. Which means you are part of the problem. It's not even about Trump. It's about the bs narrative that everyone should be nice. Like him or not,Trump was a good president economically. I just don't care about making sure nobody has their feelings hurt. Get over it
So were Obama and Clinton economically. In fact Trump benefited from the economy Obama handed him.

I'm not saying Biden is a good president or hasn't contributed to some of the challenges, but if you think things would have been great under Trump you are naive.

The various factors impacting the economy have always been complex. COVID, supply chain issues, and Ukraine have only added to it.

Amazing1 We kind of think in a similar way . . . THAT IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL ABOUT DEMOCRATS . . .

Gas prices aren't down....so this entire thread was built on a false premise.

At the end of May the EIA average price per gallon was $4.727. It then hit $5.107 in the second week of June before backing down to $4.979 at the end of June, an increase of 5.3% month over month. In the past two weeks it has dropped down to $4.754, which is still slightly higher than the price at the end of May.

Also, gas prices were $3.185 per gallon at the end of June 2021 and were $4.979 at the end of last month. That is a 56.3% increase. Cosmic is just doing the Joe Biden thing and saying things are getting better based off a two week timeframe. The "better" is only in comparison to the terrible it had hit right before it. Yeah, gas that is around $4.75 is better than $5.00 but it was under $4 a year ago.

As to the flipping opinions, yeah, the talking heads for the networks always do that. CNN always spun things negative when Trump was President. When Democrat's did something it is "Republicans Pounce" on the thing...not they did a wrong thing but Republicans are using it against them.

I did not watch the 2 talking heads at Fox because who cares...but if their point was that rapidly falling prices are bad for mom and pop gas station owners, that is probably true. What is also true is that the high prices were/are tough on consumers. Both are true. Both are reported because it highlights that Biden and the Democrat's are doing a shitty job. It is the same kind of thing we see all the time from CNN, MSNBC, CBS, AP, ABC, etc. So why the shock that the one channel on TV that is counter programming does the same thing in the opposite direction. Our "news" is propaganda. Cosmic really stumbled on a gold nugget there. DWS

Gas prices aren't down....so this entire thread was built on a false premise.

At the end of May the EIA average price per gallon was $4.727. It then hit $5.107 in the second week of June before backing down to $4.979 at the end of June, an increase of 5.3% month over month. In the past two weeks it has dropped down to $4.754, which is still slightly higher than the price at the end of May.

Also, gas prices were $3.185 per gallon at the end of June 2021 and were $4.979 at the end of last month. That is a 56.3% increase. Cosmic is just doing the Joe Biden thing and saying things are getting better based off a two week timeframe. The "better" is only in comparison to the terrible it had hit right before it. Yeah, gas that is around $4.75 is better than $5.00 but it was under $4 a year ago.

As to the flipping opinions, yeah, the talking heads for the networks always do that. CNN always spun things negative when Trump was President. When Democrat's did something it is "Republicans Pounce" on the thing...not they did a wrong thing but Republicans are using it against them.

I did not watch the 2 talking heads at Fox because who cares...but if their point was that rapidly falling prices are bad for mom and pop gas station owners, that is probably true. What is also true is that the high prices were/are tough on consumers. Both are true. Both are reported because it highlights that Biden and the Democrat's are doing a shitty job. It is the same kind of thing we see all the time from CNN, MSNBC, CBS, AP, ABC, etc. So why the shock that the one channel on TV that is counter programming does the same thing in the opposite direction. Our "news" is propaganda. Cosmic really stumbled on a gold nugget there. DWS
Exactly. The "gas prices are down" comment is proof that these imbeciles will say anything,in hopes that other dumbasses will believe. Anyone who thinks Bidens policies aren't a direct cause of the economic issues need not look further than their new push to spend another 1.9 trillion,when we are struggling. There is 0 question about if that would make things worse,since we essentially would be printing the said 1.9 trillion. This is inflation Joe,understand now?...what an incompetent ****.

Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
Exactly. The "gas prices are down" comment is proof that these imbeciles will say anything,in hopes that other dumbasses will believe. Anyone who thinks Bidens policies aren't a direct cause of the economic issues need not look further than their new push to spend another 1.9 trillion,when we are struggling. There is 0 question about if that would make things worse,since we essentially would be printing the said 1.9 trillion. This is inflation Joe,understand now?...what an incompetent ****.
Go look at where the national debt level stood when Trump took office and where it was after 2 years before Covid hit. What cutting the Corporate Tax rates did to the Federal revenue. Unfortunately the wild growth never came about to make up for the cuts.

Then there were the tariffs that I'll remind you are really taxes on all of us. I know he told you other countries pay for them. Hint - they don't. His actions kicked off a trade war to which he turned around and handed out money to farmers impacted by the trade war he started.

All of this on the backdrop of a very strong economy handed to him by the previous admin.

The fact is national debt was around 19.9 trillion when he took office and 27.7 trillion when he left. Government handouts and unfunded corporate tax cuts push us in the same direction.

Just like in his real estate days, Trump was drunk on debt despite a near perfect economy. I know it only matters to you when a Democrat is fiscally irresponsible.

Reactions: larsIU
So were Obama and Clinton economically. In fact Trump benefited from the economy Obama handed him.

I'm not saying Biden is a good president or hasn't contributed to some of the challenges, but if you think things would have been great under Trump you are naive.

The various factors impacting the economy have always been complex. COVID, supply chain issues, and Ukraine have only added to it.
What specifically is so funny Cray? Don't become like Dan where your only weapon is a laughing emoji.

Weak.

Go look at where the national debt level stood when Trump took office and where it was after 2 years before Covid hit. What cutting the Corporate Tax rates did to the Federal revenue. Unfortunately the wild growth never came about to make up for the cuts.

Then there were the tariffs that I'll remind you are really taxes on all of us. I know he told you other countries pay for them. Hint - they don't. His actions kicked off a trade war to which he turned around and handed out money to farmers impacted by the trade war he started.

All of this on the backdrop of a very strong economy handed to him by the previous admin.

The fact is national debt was around 19.9 trillion when he took office and 27.7 trillion when he left. Government handouts and unfunded corporate tax cuts push us in the same direction.

Just like in his real estate days, Trump was drunk on debt despite a near perfect economy. I know it only matters to you when a Democrat is fiscally irresponsible.
I stopped after the first sentence because you fail to mention that Trump spent $ to upgrade the military that Obama had neglected for 8 years. If you have so much knowledge...why do you leave out key information?...oh that's right...it's because the key information would negate the point you are trying to make. Sounds like a libby.

I stopped after the first sentence because you fail to mention that Trump spent $ to upgrade the military that Obama had neglected for 8 years. If you have so much knowledge...why do you leave out key information?...oh that's right...it's because the key information would negate the point you are trying to make. Sounds like a libby.
Go look up US military spending and defense budget as a percent of GDP by year. You won't like the answer.

Don't believe everything Trump tells you. He also said Mexico would pay for the wall and foreign countries pay our tariffs out of their own pockets. Have a good day. I'll be in meetings the rest of the day and won't have time to engage with you.

I did not watch the 2 talking heads at Fox because who cares...but if their point was that rapidly falling prices are bad for mom and pop gas station owners, that is probably true.

I didn't watch it either, but if that's what they were claiming, they're idiots. That's not how it works. Dealers get their markup, regardless of the price. In fact, lower prices would help them if it caused people to increase the amount they bought rather than trying to limit their driving and buying less gas.

Reactions: larsIU
I didn't watch it either, but if that's what they were claiming, they're idiots. That's not how it works. Dealers get their markup, regardless of the price. In fact, lower prices would help them if it caused people to increase the amount they bought rather than trying to limit their driving and buying less gas.
It depends on how rapidly they fall. I would assume a Mom and Pop that has less traffic could get caught in a little squeeze if it takes longer to deplete their supply.

They make most of their money from the convenience stores anyway.

Reactions: DANC and larsIU
It depends on how rapidly they fall. I would assume a Mom and Pop that has less traffic could get caught in a little squeeze if it takes longer to deplete their supply.

Very few dealers own the gas in the ground. They sell it on consignment. The gas companies set the wholesale price and the dealers set their prices accordingly.

Reactions: outside shooter
Amazing1 We kind of think in a similar way . . . THAT IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL ABOUT DEMOCRATS . . .
This is great news. Now I know I will likely never waste my time by reading a post of yours that says something about “working across the aisle”.

• Haha
So you voted for Bill Clinton I see......

Trump was a good president economically
He was until he wasn't. Just like every other president. Once COVID hit the economy was going to suffer tremendously regardless of who was occupying the Oval office. Did the last round of stimulus just pour more gas on the fire? Yep. But that fire was already lit and burning quite nicely b/c of the COVID situation.

I had a guy tell me Tuesday night Trump lost because of his involvement in the January 6th incident? I didn't even respond, just sat and shook my head.

We also have too many jobs!!! People are dipping into their savings because there are so many jobs. If they would all just quit, their savings would be secure.

There is nothing...NOTHING the nuts on the right will contort themselves into for believing good news is actually bad news. Really, they're disgusting people.

Pathetic. Luckily, no one here watches Fox.
I wonder where most people on here get their news. If I watch news on the TV it's about always PBS. As far as reading new I like to read "The Hill", Reuters, WSJ, and a couple others. That doesn't mean I don't read other places because I do... I get distracted and start following links.

I wonder where most people on here get their news. If I watch news on the TV it's about always PBS. As far as reading new I like to read "The Hill", Reuters, WSJ, and a couple others. That doesn't mean I don't read other places because I do... I get distracted and start following links.
On paper, IndyStar & Evansville C&P.

On TV, Ari Melber on MSNBC and Tucker on FN so I know what I need to be angry about.

On the web, Politico & Drudge Report, although I’m not necessarily a fan of his obvious anti-Trump and anti-Dem slant on his headlines. But it’s the best aggregator out there IMO.

Reactions: UncleMark

Just more of the same. Republicans do what they accuse others of doing . . . and think they're holding the trump (small "t") card.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT