ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks to IVF I have 3 daughters.

If you don't know about it, why are you commenting on it?

Lmao that’s either some troll level gaslighting or you truly can’t read. Just to review: YOU are the one commenting on it without knowing anything about it.
Neither of you have provided anything that could be considered a cogent argument.

Since both of you are clearly ignorant, and @zeke fails to do anything but be ridiculous.

The Alabama state government passed a bill that went to the state Supreme Court. They ruled on a new abortion bill. The wording on that bill leaves open the door that embryos are living beings and accidental or intentionally killing an embryo can considered abortion.

It's ridiculous. IVF starts with a woman having her eggs removed from her body. They are frozen. Then her husband or someone of better stock, rubs one out to Brooke Burke, or Sandra Bullock, or.. sorry got distracted

Anyway. Once the egg is fertilized it'd considered an embryo. When it comes to IVF once the egg is fertilized it becomes and embryo. The embryos life cycle is 9 weeks.

Problem is the Alabama Supreme Court ruled on a new bill that any embryo that dies intentionally or by accident is murder. Well, clearly they don't understand the life cycle of human development. So according to this ruling a fertilized zygote that dies before it makes in to a woman's uterus is murder.

I'm probably one the few conservatives that are scientific people and I find ruling ridiculous

I have new found respect, although it wasn't really hard to find! Props to you sir.
My oldest, 33, Just sent me pics of her oldest Daughter (my 3rd Grand kid, 6 yr old'ish I think now....There's so many that I loose track, it's like a coy pond for grand kids) and my SIL dressed up for their daddy daughter dance at church.
I am setting, thinking of my 33 yr old daughter.... dancing with her feet on top of mine, a long time ago it seems. Such memories. Like an echo through a canon, the memories are there, but more faint every day.

So your youngest is 10, oldest 23... I'm guessing different moms. Unless you are a better more understanding man than me.... Never mind, that was already assumed !! Totally honest props dad !

Same woman.

Found a good one... definitely over shot my coverage.

Neither of you have provided anything that could be considered a cogent argument.

Since both of you are clearly ignorant, and @zeke fails to do anything but be ridiculous.

The Alabama state government passed a bill that went to the state Supreme Court. They ruled on a new abortion bill. The wording on that bill leaves open the door that embryos are living beings and accidental or intentionally killing an embryo can considered abortion.

It's ridiculous. IVF starts with a woman having her eggs removed from her body. They are frozen. Then her husband or someone of better stock, rubs one out to Brooke Burke, or Sandra Bullock, or.. sorry got distracted

Anyway. Once the egg is fertilized it'd considered an embryo. When it comes to IVF once the egg is fertilized it becomes and embryo. The embryos life cycle is 9 weeks.

Problem is the Alabama Supreme Court ruled on a new bill that any embryo that dies intentionally or by accident is murder. Well, clearly they don't understand the life cycle of human development. So according to this ruling a fertilized zygote that dies before it makes in to a woman's uterus is murder.

I'm probably one the few conservatives that are scientific people and I find ruling ridiculous

So I am assuming you read or watched every argument that was made and researched all the scientific data that was submitted? Am I correct?

Reactions: DANC
You equate IVF with abortion? Uh, OK.

What triggered this outburst? Who has spoken against IVF?
That is the mystery then, isn't it..
..malevolent, as a bird shitting on your freshly detailed supercar..

Gin and tonics suck ass. Gin and sodas are a gentleman’s drink.

But pale to Manhattans made with American rye.

I used to like G&Ts but now find tonic too sweet. I've drank a tanker load of vodka sodas but have never thought to have it with gin. I prefer gin but usually would just have it as a martini up, extra olives.

I prefer old fashioned to Manhattan but still using rye.

Without IVF my wife and would be childless.

So, just a head's up to you Christo-fascists with big mouths: keep quiet about such things around me. And my wife. Stop acting like you have some "in" w/ a sky fairy, get over yourselves and shut your ****ing mouths.

Don't want IVF? Don't do it. Don't want an abortion? Don't have one. Just shut your pious ****ing mouths FINALLY. Most of America thinks you're a-holes.
Most like me dont care honestly. I am a christian and you can do as you please. Why are you calling us all out on this one.

My maternal grandparents had 8 kids...... all girls. 😅

I've got two sisters and two half brothers on my moms side...

I've got three girls, one sister has two girls, other sister has two girls, first brother's wife had a girl and then second brother's wife had a girl. It wasn't until second brother's wife had their son that we finally had a baby boy in the family, so that was nine girls before a boy. Since he was born, one more boy has come into the equation so current score is nine girls and two boys as grandkids for my mom.

I've got three girls, one sister has two girls, other sister has two girls, first brother's wife had a girl and then second brother's wife had a girl. It wasn't until second brother's wife had their son that we finally had a baby boy in the family, so that was nine girls before a boy. Since he was born, one more boy has come into the equation so current score is nine girls and two boys as grandkids for my mom.
Back when my grandparents had those girls I'm sure they wanted more boys to help out on the farm or however they were making a living. At least today that is not all that important. We only have one kid and she is our pride and joy. My older brother is the only other male sibling that has any kids and they only have one, a girl, so our name will end as far as genealogy .

That’s a lot of prom dresses

Back when my grandparents had those girls I'm sure they wanted more boys to help out on the farm or however they were making a living. At least today that is not all that important. We only have one kid and she is our pride and joy. My older brother is the only other male sibling that has any kids and they only have one, a girl, so our name will end as far as genealogy .

My girls all are willing helpers. Their grandparents are big into the legion and anytime they need extra help, they will ask my two youngest if they will pitch in which they always do. They'll be at their grandparents next door picking veggies out of the garden with their grandma or the youngest likes to help grandpa fix his tractor or mower, whichever he's tinkering with. They're still very much techy city girls, but they like the country life too.

I have a cousin that had a boy with our last name, so as far as that goes, our last name will go on, but from my side of the tree, it's a dead end.

That’s a lot of prom dresses

Oldest never went. Actually graduated after her junior year... she didn't want anything to do with school so she took summer school to get all the credits she could to graduate early.

Middle kid went last year with some boy she broke up with a week later (total savage move), and is going again this year. As long as all I have to do is pay for the dress and not actually go to fittings, she can get whatever she wants as long as it covers all the correct body parts.

Without IVF my wife and would be childless.

So, just a head's up to you Christo-fascists with big mouths: keep quiet about such things around me. And my wife. Stop acting like you have some "in" w/ a sky fairy, get over yourselves and shut your ****ing mouths.

Don't want IVF? Don't do it. Don't want an abortion? Don't have one. Just shut your pious ****ing mouths FINALLY. Most of America thinks you're a-holes.
What does IVF have to do with abortion? I am happy for you friend. I've got four children and they are a blessing so you are blessed too. But let's say your wife had IVF and then lost the pregnancy, would you see that as the loss of an appendix or would your heart be pulled from your chest because you lost a child? Again blessings to you.

• Wow
Reactions: outside shooter
What does IVF have to do with abortion? I am happy for you friend. I've got four children and they are a blessing so you are blessed too. But let's say your wife had IVF and then lost the pregnancy, would you see that as the loss of an appendix or would your heart be pulled from your chest because you lost a child? Again blessings to you.

Does life begin at conception?

I used to like G&Ts but now find tonic too sweet. I've drank a tanker load of vodka sodas but have never thought to have it with gin. I prefer gin but usually would just have it as a martini up, extra olives.

I prefer old fashioned to Manhattan but still using rye.
Gin and soda with lime or lemon is cool and crisp. Gin is very underrated in my opinion.

Thanks for the explanation. I honestly didn't know what they were talking about and was just asking what it was all about.

For the record, I agree the ruling is ridiculous.

We have had a lot of experience with IVF and other procedures, due to my wife's medical issues, so I do have an understanding of the issue - I just had not heard about the ruling until yesterday.

Reactions: zephyr82
I asked the same thing and got a runaround from Zeke and UncleMark.

I'm still waiting on an explanation.

Reactions: zephyr82

Thanks Farva. But I guess I falsely assumed Danc was able to use that fancy new thing called Google.

God forbid one of these drive by shitposters ever included a link. Some of us are busy with jobs, kids and our own shitposting.
Well it’s a pretty big deal. Sorry I just assumed everyone knew about the ruling. I’ve been seeing memes and opinion articles ever since the ruling.

Well it’s a pretty big deal. Sorry I just assumed everyone knew about the ruling. I’ve been seeing memes and opinion articles ever since the ruling.
Not everyone hangs on MSNBC and CNN for their news - of course, this ruling triggers them.

It's all a tell. Folks have instant access to toxic, fabricated, bad faith propaganda that they'll share in no time, but seemingly have no access to impactful news events that conveniently don't get oxygen in the bubble media and are always skeptical about real world events.

On a side note, the IVF dialogue is an example of why some people want to advance DEI work. The folks most aggressive on topics like this seemingly have no experience or exposure to it, so they're comfortable saying and doing things obviously harmful. Including people with broader experience and exposure sets brings better outcomes. (And conveniently, by the way, the moment people are actually impacted in their own lives, they're "enlightened").

Reactions: zeke4ahs
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT