ADVERTISEMENT

Even though I have had my booster, I still tested positive for Covid this morning.

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
I was planning to play nine holes tonight, but I don't want to expose others to my germs. My understanding is you normally only have to wait five days to get well. If that is the case, I probably will be able to play golf Sunday and Memorial Day.

Any suggestions? I'm now working from home the rest of the week so I don't expose people to it. My wife tested positive for it Monday evening.

I think it's 5 days after symptoms disappear before you should be out and about with no masks when indoors, but I could be wrong.

Who really knows. I got all three shots and had hardly any symptoms. Just got back from Europe and caught it on the way over (cruise). I got calls telling me I had to isolate for 5 days then would not be able to travel or be around people for up to 11 days after the first symptoms. Another one said I could be outside without a mask after the fifth day. The way I understood it you are most susceptible to passing it on during that five day period but then again my wife didn’t get it. I can tell you this the people of the Netherlands don’t worry about it.

Reactions: kkott
I think it's 5 days after symptoms disappear before you should be out and about with no masks when indoors, but I could be wrong.
Doctor made me quarantine for 10 days when I got this omnicron. One good thing was I didn't miss a preaching Sunday because I preached from the parsonage. So I was thankful for technology. In 21 yrs of pastoral ministry I have not missed a Sunday because of sickness.

Reactions: kkott
I was planning to play nine holes tonight, but I don't want to expose others to my germs. My understanding is you normally only have to wait five days to get well. If that is the case, I probably will be able to play golf Sunday and Memorial Day.

Any suggestions? I'm now working from home the rest of the week so I don't expose people to it. My wife tested positive for it Monday evening.

Imagine if you didn't get your booster? You will be in a whole of pain/hurt then.

Wear an N95 and keep the world safe.

Imagine if you didn't get your booster? You will be in a whole of pain/hurt then.

Wear an N95 and keep the world safe.
I had all 3 shots and got omicron. I had a tickle in my throat for about 6 hours and it was over. Only reason I got tested was I found out I had been around someone who had it. Looks like the shots worked. Wasn’t even “sick”, just a scratchy throat for 6 hours. Never coughed, never sneezed, no fever, no headache, no fatigue, nothing. Only a five day quarantine because I had all shots and was essentially symptom free.

Never had a booster and have never had Covid. The booster crowd seems to get it more than anyone!
What is "it"? Testing positive, or actually getting severe disease?

Vaccination and boosting doesn't eradicate every virus particle. News flash, even other vaccines, like the shingles vaccine, don't, either. What it does is prevent an outbreak of uncontrolled viral replication that makes you sick.

The SARS-COV-2 vaccines and boosters have exceptional efficacy at preventing severe disease. Can you test positive for the virus? Of course. Can you get severely ill when vaccinated and boosted? Very much less likely than if you have had no vaccination.

IT WORKS. IT HAS BEEN TESTED. As of now, 11,653,556,780 doses administered, worldwide. The most widespread and successful vaccination campaign in Earth's history.

Last edited:

doesn't matter, the damage to the gene pool has already been done.

Reactions: sdhoosier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT