ADVERTISEMENT

Our club had a 27-hole member/member event Saturday and I thoroughly enjoyed it even though my playing partner and I didn't win anything.

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
It began at 9:00 yesterday morning and I rode in a cart for the first time this year. Why? because it was a shotgun start for each nine holes. We made the long drive out to the fifth tee for our first nine and then had to return to the first tee after finishing No. 9. Once we completed No. 4 for our first nine holes in the one-best ball format, we returned to the clubhouse for lunch.

After a short lunch, we jumped in our cart again and headed to No. 11 to play an alternate shot format. Once we finished No. 18, we had to go play No. 10 and then return to our clubhouse to turn in our scorecard and get ready to begin our third nine.

Our final nine began on No. 5 and it was a two-man scramble format. Once we finished No. 9, we had to return to No. 1 and play until we finished hole No. 4. We then returned to the clubhouse to turn in our scorecard and go inside to have snacks with all of the other golfers in the event.

Why did I enjoy it? We got to play with three different twosomes in the event. The first twosome in our foursome consisted of two really nice guys. My playing partner and the other two guys were older than me, so it was the first time this year I have been the youngest guy in my golf group.

The twosome that joined my partner and I for the second nine holes, were both IU grads and they graduated from the same high school as me. One of them graduated three years after me and the other graduated five years after me. We had a blast sharing stories regarding our high school and IU days.

The guys that were in the twosome that joined my playing partner and me for our final nine holes were longtime friends of mine. Ironically, I also was the youngest golfer in that foursome.

What's my point? Golf is a great opportunity to interact with friends. We were trying to play as well as possible, but we also were enjoying our time together. During the 27 holes my partner and I played Saturday, nobody in our groups got mad, threw clubs, etc.

Our staff did an outstanding job of organizing this event. Our director of golf, head golf pro and assistant golf pro are doing an incredible job at our club!

It began at 9:00 yesterday morning and I rode in a cart for the first time this year. Why? because it was a shotgun start for each nine holes. We made the long drive out to the fifth tee for our first nine and then had to return to the first tee after finishing No. 9. Once we completed No. 4 for our first nine holes in the one-best ball format, we returned to the clubhouse for lunch.

After a short lunch, we jumped in our cart again and headed to No. 11 to play an alternate shot format. Once we finished No. 18, we had to go play No. 10 and then return to our clubhouse to turn in our scorecard and get ready to begin our third nine.

Our final nine began on No. 5 and it was a two-man scramble format. Once we finished No. 9, we had to return to No. 1 and play until we finished hole No. 4. We then returned to the clubhouse to turn in our scorecard and go inside to have snacks with all of the other golfers in the event.

Why did I enjoy it? We got to play with three different twosomes in the event. The first twosome in our foursome consisted of two really nice guys. My playing partner and the other two guys were older than me, so it was the first time this year I have been the youngest guy in my golf group.

The twosome that joined my partner and I for the second nine holes, were both IU grads and they graduated from the same high school as me. One of them graduated three years after me and the other graduated five years after me. We had a blast sharing stories regarding our high school and IU days.

The guys that were in the twosome that joined my playing partner and me for our final nine holes were longtime friends of mine. Ironically, I also was the youngest golfer in that foursome.

What's my point? Golf is a great opportunity to interact with friends. We were trying to play as well as possible, but we also were enjoying our time together. During the 27 holes my partner and I played Saturday, nobody in our groups got mad, threw clubs, etc.

Our staff did an outstanding job of organizing this event. Our director of golf, head golf pro and assistant golf pro are doing an incredible job at our club!
I find that most people you play with in these events are not good enough to get mad, some do but they don't have the skill set to get mad, they just are not very good golfers.

https://ipayhourlycalculator.com/

he shotgun start for each nine holes allowed you to experience various formats and play with different groups. You enjoyed the company of your playing partners and had fun sharing stories. The event was well-organized, and you appreciate the efforts of the staff at your club. Golf provided you with an opportunity to interact with friends, enjoy the game, and create memorable experiences.

Is no. 5 still a dogleg left, with the tee box near the first green?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT