ADVERTISEMENT

I was playing a par four hole the other day and had 167 yards to the pin on my second shot.

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
My approach shot appeared to be a good one, but I was unable to see where it wound up because the sun was in my eyes. Once I reached the green, I saw my ball and it was approximately two inches behind the cup. Obviously, it had to rim the cup or hit the pin to wind up that close directly behind the hole. Of course, I made my short putt of two inches or less for an easy birdie.

Had my second shot remained in the hole, it would have been my first eagle in a lot of years. I believe the last eagle I had was on a 482-yard par five hole at Otter Creek. It is the fifth hole on the West Nine. I played the west nine three times in 10 days and eagled that hole all three times. Because I've never had a hole-in-one or shot my age, those three eagles in a row on the same hole probably are my biggest accomplishment in golf.

Reactions: kkott and jet812
My approach shot appeared to be a good one, but I was unable to see where it wound up because the sun was in my eyes. Once I reached the green, I saw my ball and it was approximately two inches behind the cup. Obviously, it had to rim the cup or hit the pin to wind up that close directly behind the hole. Of course, I made my short putt of two inches or less for an easy birdie.

Had my second shot remained in the hole, it would have been my first eagle in a lot of years. I believe the last eagle I had was on a 482-yard par five hole at Otter Creek. It is the fifth hole on the West Nine. I played the west nine three times in 10 days and eagled that hole all three times. Because I've never had a hole-in-one or shot my age, those three eagles in a row on the same hole probably are my biggest accomplishment in golf.
I had 8 eagles in one year -- along time ago

The AOTF should pay a setup guy to punk McNutt and show up at his club with a golf cart, music, cigar and "fragrances" and get in the group in front of him and play maddeningly SAF and have the other cart equipped with video cameras. Might wind up being the most popular video on youtube!

I did nearly get into a fight on the green with some old dude or at least a dude who was a bit older than me.

My fault but the idiot and his friends were taking way too long to putt. Doing some feckin' Tiger Woods bent over; cupping his hands around his face type thing.

So I launched one above their heads from the fairway like 140 yards out.

My buddy then got into it with that guy too even though it was my shot!! How many feckin times do you need him to apologise? WTF are you going to do about it!!

Meanwhile, I started doing the Tiger cupping as I was trying to chip the ball back onto the green. Just to take the piss out of them. :cool:

I did nearly get into a fight on the green with some old dude or at least a dude who was a bit older than me.

My fault but the idiot and his friends were taking way too long to putt. Doing some feckin' Tiger Woods bent over; cupping his hands around his face type thing.

So I launched one above their heads from the fairway like 140 yards out.

My buddy then got into it with that guy too even though it was my shot!! How many feckin times do you need him to apologise? WTF are you going to do about it!!

Meanwhile, I started doing the Tiger cupping as I was trying to chip the ball back onto the green. Just to take the piss out of them. :cool:
Dude! Again, if it had been McNutt Segal, you'd not even be here to post T&A. Be careful out there!

• Haha
Reactions: sglowrider
I had 8 eagles in one year -- along time ago
The only eagle I got playing golf was high above the green, flying overhead. I’ve only had a couple birdies in my life and is one of the many reasons I don’t play the game today.

My most frustrating moment came while vacationing with the in-laws in Kiawah, SC. Our rented condo was right in front of a par 3 hole over water so all week long we watched them tee off. After earlier playing the Ocean Course, we played the other course on our last day there. When it came time for this par three, I hit my best shot, 3 1/2’ from the pin, the best shot I watched there all week while drinking cocktails. I really, really wanted to sink my second shot, but it lipped out, much to my chagrin. It felt like the story of my life in one stroke of the putter. I’m not sure my game ever recovered from the disappointment.

The AOTF should pay a setup guy to punk McNutt and show up at his club with a golf cart, music, cigar and "fragrances" and get in the group in front of him and play maddeningly SAF and have the other cart equipped with video cameras. Might wind up being the most popular video on youtube!
You want someone to end up dead on a sandbar? Because that's how someone ends up dead on a sandbar.

• Haha
Reactions: kkott
You want someone to end up dead on a sandbar? Because that's how someone ends up dead on a sandbar.
I kind of remember some yarn about McNutt duking it in paid fights, but I don't remember a sandbar fatality. Care to elaborate? Please!

I kind of remember some yarn about McNutt duking it in paid fights, but I don't remember a sandbar fatality. Care to elaborate? Please!
He never admitted to killing that man and any evidence was lost when his stare made the police car spontaneously burst into flames.

You think a two inch birdie is good, at a work scramble, me and two buddies (one doesn't drink at all, so he was our fourth) finished a case of beer plus a couple more each that the girl with the cart was driving around, and still finished tied for 2nd at 11 under.

Then when the round was over, we went and smashed on some burgers and dogs that were provided.

'Merica!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT