ADVERTISEMENT

I think I was going to have my best 18-hole round of the year until we got rained out this afternoon.

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
I shot a +5 41 on the front nine and began the second nine with a bogey. I then had two straight birdies, so I was -1 on the back nine with six holes remaining in my round.

Unfortunately, it began raining on our way to the 13th tee and we called it a day. I'm glad we did because it turned into a downpour.

We were a fivesome and playing a game called Wolf. I had a bad start, but decided to take a different approach after a few holes. What did I do? I started hitting two extra clubs and swinging easier on both my approach shots and my tee shots on par 3 holes. For example, instead of hitting my 140-yard club on a par 3 that was 140 yards, I would hit my 160-yard club. I continued hitting my driver off the tees on par 4 and par 5 holes, but I swung easier.

Unfortunately, golf is almost over for the year. I'm really looking forward to my next round, though.

Despite getting rained out today, I had a blast. My dentist buddy (now a retired dentist) just got back from Florida and was in our group. That said, the two of us had a blast teasing each other and recalling incidents from our past.

Life is good!

I shot a +5 41 on the front nine and began the second nine with a bogey. I then had two straight birdies, so I was -1 on the back nine with six holes remaining in my round.

Unfortunately, it began raining on our way to the 13th tee and we called it a day. I'm glad we did because it turned into a downpour.

We were a fivesome and playing a game called Wolf. I had a bad start, but decided to take a different approach after a few holes. What did I do? I started hitting two extra clubs and swinging easier on both my approach shots and my tee shots on par 3 holes. For example, instead of hitting my 140-yard club on a par 3 that was 140 yards, I would hit my 160-yard club. I continued hitting my driver off the tees on par 4 and par 5 holes, but I swung easier.

Unfortunately, golf is almost over for the year. I'm really looking forward to my next round, though.

Despite getting rained out today, I had a blast. My dentist buddy (now a retired dentist) just got back from Florida and was in our group. That said, the two of us had a blast teasing each other and recalling incidents from our past.

Life is good!

perfect

I was waiting for this post!

Life is good!
Surprising it must have been the weather as I too played very well at our local country club. There was a drizzle all afternoon but really did not affect my play. Probably because I usually play well up in Michigan during the Fall and it always seems to be a lite rain there when we play.

fivesome is bad golf etiquette

no matter the time of year there is no excuse for this.

but you already knew that .....
A singleton was about to catch up with us when it began raining. Otherwise, nobody was close to catching us. We're fast!

Life is good!
This same thing happened to me a few years back playing AnnBriar outside of StL. I was 2 under at the break and the horns went off due to inclement weather.

Never repeated that nine holes ever again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT