ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks, GOP & NRA! 231 Mass Shooting in 2024 (UPDATED 06/20/24)

There are more murders in little west palm than maga white supremacists commit nationwide. Shit there are probably more murders around N Tamarind than all the maga white supremacist murders nationwide. You’re lost with this msm narrative
He looks at himself in the mirror and sees a racist.
He sees a red hat and sees a killer.
Removed from reality.

The Chicago violence is awful and completely unacceptable.

Also awful and completely unacceptable are the hoardes of scared and heavily-armed MAGA sheeple who are gunning down people who knock on the wrong door or mistakenly pull into the wrong driveway.
"hoardes" lmao

Last edited:
Reactions: jet812
Old white men contribute by way of resistance to gun regs. They aren’t the ones doing most of the killing.
Very true. I recently learned that the definition of a mass shooting is more than 3 people in a setting. So whenever you have gang violence in big cities then those are counted as mass shootings. But the media seems to indicate that evil white men are doing the majority of the mass shootings. Now I believe all life is precious. If I hear about 10 black youths being killed in Chicago over a weekend I care about it. The media does not because blacks killing blacks does nothing to push forward their agenda.

If you think maga violence rates at all then you are far beyond help, which I already know that you clearly are. I live in the most dangerous city in America. Maga violence accounts for zero percent of that violence. Stop being a puppet. Think for yourself. Read the statistics. You’re being played.
One might say he's being duped.....

I did not compare the body counts from the actions of gun-loving old white MAGA loons and the body counts of drug dealers and gang bangers. You're right, I'm sure there's more in the latter category.

I merely said that when either type of shooting happens, it's unacceptable. But that simple statement makes the gun-loving old white MAGA loons get their panties all in a wad.

We were specifically talking about the incidents in Kansas City and New York State, where trembling scared-shitless snowflake MAGA white guys are trained to come to the door with guns a-blazin' since Faux News tells them that all the whities are being replaced, somehow. That's a problem. It may not be as big a problem as gang violence in inner cities, but it is a problem.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
I did not compare the body counts from the actions of gun-loving old white MAGA loons and the body counts of drug dealers and gang bangers. You're right, I'm sure there's more in the latter category.

I merely said that when either type of shooting happens, it's unacceptable. But that simple statement makes the gun-loving old white MAGA loons get their panties all in a wad.

We were specifically talking about the incidents in Kansas City and New York State, where trembling scared-shitless snowflake MAGA white guys are trained to come to the door with guns a-blazin' since Faux News tells them that all the whities are being replaced, somehow. That's a problem. It may not be as big a problem as gang violence in inner cities, but it is a problem.
The problem is your preoccupation with a zit while ignoring the cancer. We know what you want to talk about. It’s dumb.

Reactions: All4You and DANC
We absolutely do NOT have common sense Gun laws in many states? Why? Because Republicans value guns more than they value the lives of people. They prove it to us time and time again. ( I can play your blame the other side too)
The definition of common sense is different for everyone. Your common sense is to regulate them away. My common sense is maintaining control of my trigger finger. If people valued their lives they would stay out of dangerous situations. That's where most gun deaths happen.

I'll keep my stuff thank you very much and the federal government and anyone who supports more "common sense" gun control can kiss my ass.

It's not out of fear either. I can use a knife or ju jitsu and kendo in self defense just as easily.

The definition of common sense is different for everyone. Your common sense is to regulate them away. My common sense is maintaining control of my trigger finger. If people valued their lives they would stay out of dangerous situations. That's where most gun deaths happen.

I'll keep my stuff thank you very much and the federal government and anyone who supports more "common sense" gun control can kiss my ass.

It's not out of fear either. I can use a knife or ju jitsu and kendo in self defense just as easily.

^^^
rydvb.jpg

Your common sense is to regulate them away. My common sense is maintaining control of my trigger finger.
It seems common sense to limit the general public from free unrestricted stockpiling of military-specific mass casualty weapons... think tanks, hand grenades, shoulder-fired missiles, nuclear material, and (yes) AR15s

Your common sense is that you think you need such weapons. It's pretty stupid. You being able to have a little fun with an AR15 at a gun range seems like a small benefit relative to school children shredded into meat chunks on a routine basis.

Does all the publicity that these shootings generate lead to more shootings? They are publicized nationwide and that publicity really doesn't do much good for anyone except for the ones reporting it.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Does all the publicity that these shootings generate lead to more shootings? They are publicized nationwide and that publicity really doesn't do much good for anyone except for the ones reporting it.
SSRI's and social media...Columbine was in 99. Social Media had just begun. SSRI's started late 80's and caught on 90's. IDK its a thought that those two things could be contributors.

Copycat crimes are a real phenomenon, for sure. But it's hard to not discuss such horrific events.

I agree with the decision of many media outlets to never, EVER identify the shooter by name. Some nutjobs will latch onto them as heroes.

Last edited:
SSRI's and social media...Columbine was in 99. Social Media had just begun. SSRI's started late 80's and caught on 90's. IDK its a thought that those two things could be contributors.
I am with you on social media.

The treatment of depression with SSRIs, though, has been enormously beneficial. There's no evidence I am aware of that treatment for depression causes criminal behavior, murder, suicide, etc. It is certainly REDUCES suicides and makes clinically depressed people happier and more productive. I have seen a family member's life altered permanently for the better by going on Prozac.

Are you talking about anti-depressants?

Do you have any evidence that SSRIs contribute toward gun deaths?

Are you talking about anti-depressants?

Do you have any evidence that SSRIs contribute toward gun deaths?
Nope, just comments on some of these shootings I've heard people say they are linked thats why I said IDK it's a thought.

Edit: So there are articles about it though I just looked it up and found a few.

Last edited:

Oh, I didn't talk to you about Outhouse did I? He's like the reservoir tip on a condom, used by a tranny. Full of stupid fvck.
But I see you are learning your way around.

Copycat crimes are a real phenomenon, for sure. But it's hard to not discuss such horrific events.

I agree with the decision of many media outlets to never, EVER identify the shooter by name. Some nutjobs with latch onto them as heroes.
But don't the shooter's identity normally get released? Maybe later after the initial storm has died down?

The thread title is unnecessarily provocative, but the topic - - and the NRA's role - - is certainly worthy of discussion.
I agree with that but it's almost impossible to have logical discussion on something like that without it evolving into name calling. I've never read much about the NRA so they may be corrupt but there's a lot of organizations that are corrupt (maybe not legally but morally). I think there is a lot of corruption in the Republican and Democratic national organizations. They both know how to live right on the edge of the law.

I'd be willing to bet that some of the people calling out the NRA will ignore a lot of the things that the BLM organization has supposedly done. I think a lot of organizations start out with good intentions but when a lot of money is involved they start going the wrong direction.

No, people kill people whether it's by gun, car, bomb, knife, alcohol, or many other things.
. . . . and we reasonably regulate all those things . . . except guns. Also, to CO's point, none of those things have immunity from litigation . . . except guns.

It seems common sense to limit the general public from free unrestricted stockpiling of military-specific mass casualty weapons... think tanks, hand grenades, shoulder-fired missiles, nuclear material, and (yes) AR15s

Your common sense is that you think you need such weapons. It's pretty stupid. You being able to have a little fun with an AR15 at a gun range seems like a small benefit relative to school children shredded into meat chunks on a routine basis.
That's actually a decent comparison for AR15s since murders with rifles account for less than 3% of gun homicides per year. Semiautomatics even less than that. Mass shootings involving AR15s average 17 deaths per year. They aren't the public threat people are led to believe they are.

The AR15 was originally designed for civilian and police use BTW.

Tell you what. If the government wants to buy my ARs for fair market value then I'll sell. There are plenty of other options. Been wanting and M1A or FN FAL.

That's actually a decent comparison for AR15s since murders with rifles account for less than 3% of gun homicides per year. Semiautomatics even less than that. Mass shootings involving AR15s average 17 deaths per year. They aren't the public threat people are led to believe they are.

The AR15 was originally designed for civilian and police use BTW.

Tell you what. If the government wants to buy my ARs for fair market value then I'll sell. There are plenty of other options. Been wanting and M1A or FN FAL.
There is no point in discussing this stuff with people like Outside Pooper.

Just let it go. He’s not looking for honest discussion.

Reactions: Cthulhu85
. . . . and we reasonably regulate all those things . . . except guns. Also, to CO's point, none of those things have immunity from litigation . . . except guns.

To visit this immunity issue more, Hyundai and Kia are being sued because they were not using the same anti-theft technology all other car companies are using. As a result, their cars are very easily stolen. The uses a lot of police time and money. In addition the joyriding thieves are often involved in wrecks. There are always innovations happening in car safety.

My comparison to guns is that guns could easily have palmprint or fingerprint readers. If the threat of lawsuits were there, all new guns would have them. These guns would be virtually useless if stolen and all those "child finds gun and shoots self/others" stories would disappear.

The tech has been around for twenty years, only starting to be sold in the last year. There is no need to innovate for the gun industry.

Reactions: Sope Creek
To visit this immunity issue more, Hyundai and Kia are being sued because they were not using the same anti-theft technology all other car companies are using. As a result, their cars are very easily stolen. The uses a lot of police time and money. In addition the joyriding thieves are often involved in wrecks. There are always innovations happening in car safety.

My comparison to guns is that guns could easily have palmprint or fingerprint readers. If the threat of lawsuits were there, all new guns would have them. These guns would be virtually useless if stolen and all those "child finds gun and shoots self/others" stories would disappear.

The tech has been around for twenty years, only starting to be sold in the last year. There is no need to innovate for the gun industry.
One size fits all.
The aristocracy vs the peasants

Reactions: hookyIU1990

If we would want to see a transition to smart guns then the military and police should adopt them for their service weapons. It would provide a real world data set for reliability and encourage R&D. I'm not trusting a smart gun for my primary home defense weapon.

If we would want to see a transition to smart guns then the military and police should adopt them for their service weapons. It would provide a real world data set for reliability and encourage R&D. I'm not trusting a smart gun for my primary home defense weapon.
Police should use it. But in comparison, think about how many millions of times a week people cross railroad crossings, or multiple lanes of fast traffic, where the engine immobilizer kicking on would create death or injury. Yet most of us (not me, I have a Kia) drive with them. My guess is you are more likely to be injured by your engine immobilizer kicking on than your gun refusing to fire. So why are you more concerned about the gun?

Police should use it. But in comparison, think about how many millions of times a week people cross railroad crossings, or multiple lanes of fast traffic, where the engine immobilizer kicking on would create death or injury. Yet most of us (not me, I have a Kia) drive with them. My guess is you are more likely to be injured by your engine immobilizer kicking on than your gun refusing to fire. So why are you more concerned about the gun?
Because in a self defense situation the last thing you want is to worry about more variables. You already have grip safeties, trigger safeties, and external safeties. Some handguns have one, a combo, or all 3 types.

Not sure how much you know about cars but an engine immobilizer isn't really comparable. That is an anti theft device that's deactivated when unlocking doors or upon ignition. It's not going to kick in and shut your engine down while driving, not that I've ever heard of anyway.

As far as smart guns I'm not sure how much it would really prevent. People can hack them. Most mass shootings wouldn't be prevented. By all means develop them so people have the option. I don't have kids so personally I don't see a need for myself or my wife, though sometimes she may want to use one on me, lol. Biometric safes are already available and relatively inexpensive.

The real problem is you can't legislate away irresponsible behavior and technology can only mitigate so much.

Because in a self defense situation the last thing you want is to worry about more variables. You already have grip safeties, trigger safeties, and external safeties. Some handguns have one, a combo, or all 3 types.

Not sure how much you know about cars but an engine immobilizer isn't really comparable. That is an anti theft device that's deactivated when unlocking doors or upon ignition. It's not going to kick in and shut your engine down while driving, not that I've ever heard of anyway.

As far as smart guns I'm not sure how much it would really prevent. People can hack them. Most mass shootings wouldn't be prevented. By all means develop them so people have the option. I don't have kids so personally I don't see a need for myself or my wife, though sometimes she may want to use one on me, lol. Biometric safes are already available and relatively inexpensive.

The real problem is you can't legislate away irresponsible behavior and technology can only mitigate so much.
But we try to mitigate stupidity with childproof caps on medicine. In cars we have lane sensors, airbags, sensors for distance to object ahead, drowsiness sensors. So we can't stop sleepy people from driving, but we can beep at them to warn them.

You are right, immobilizer was a bad comparison. Let me use airbags, some accidentally deploy via potholes. Doing so can cause loss of control of the vehicle. But the odds are far less than the odds of saving a life so we require them.

You cannot legislate away stupidity. But what does that say about the argument that gun owners are pretty uniformly safety conscious 100% of the time? I have zero objections to safe gun owners, I have several friends who carry frequently. I am not sure why we actively want yahoos buying/carrying guns. But the movement to permitless carry is just that, we want yahoos with guns. Heck, let them have guns but require them to use palm readers.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
But we try to mitigate stupidity with childproof caps on medicine. In cars we have lane sensors, airbags, sensors for distance to object ahead, drowsiness sensors. So we can't stop sleepy people from driving, but we can beep at them to warn them.

You are right, immobilizer was a bad comparison. Let me use airbags, some accidentally deploy via potholes. Doing so can cause loss of control of the vehicle. But the odds are far less than the odds of saving a life so we require them.

You cannot legislate away stupidity. But what does that say about the argument that gun owners are pretty uniformly safety conscious 100% of the time? I have zero objections to safe gun owners, I have several friends who carry frequently. I am not sure why we actively want yahoos buying/carrying guns. But the movement to permitless carry is just that, we want yahoos with guns. Heck, let them have guns but require them to use palm readers.
Far more people drive cars and use them on a regular, almost daily basis. There are more hours spent driving than spent with a firearm.

As far as yahoo's buying/carrying I'm not really sure how you differentiate between those who are or aren't. Firearms safety classes are available and plenty of information on safety out there. Maybe a pamphlet of Jeff Coopers 4 rules of gun safety should come with every purchase.

I dont care either way about the permit. Permitless carry brings up reciprocity questions. I'm sure there's a niche market for smart guns. But other than an accidental shooting in the home I'm not sure what they would really prevent.

There is no point in discussing this stuff with people like Outside Pooper.

Just let it go. He’s not looking for honest discussion.
You're obviously into name-calling and ranting. You (not me) are precisely the opposite of a person interested at all in honest discussion.

• Haha
Cool. 24 more mass shootings in the two weeks since this thread was last updated. Glad that another family was massacred by someone with a AR-15.

Good bless the GOP!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT