ADVERTISEMENT

Thad Matta

dirtyernie76

Recruit
Nov 13, 2007
I’ve tried to give Archie the benefit of the doubt. He was a fierce competitor in his playing days and at Dayton. The point has been discussed on this board how tough it is to go mid major to a major program and succeed. I’m IU forever, and support them until I’m six feet under.

However, there seems to be a lack of accountability in all facets. There is no fight. There is no respect for coach, the program, or the history. Whether some of us want to admit it or not, we are a “once was” as we stand today.

I’m not going to say I have the answers. I’m a big fan of Archie and think he MAY be successful, but my doubts continue to increase with performance. All these young men are that; young men. They need to be led and held account; without that, everyone in that locker room loses.

IF we change paths, Matta is my call. He’s now refreshed, healthy, and lives in Indy. Obviously he has the recruiting contacts and has always had the respect of his players.

Overall, Archie has to put the hammer down. Everyone is going to have their opinion, but he needs to hold himself and the players accountable. If the young man doesn’t want to play, he’s out.

I’ve tried to give Archie the benefit of the doubt. He was a fierce competitor in his playing days and at Dayton. The point has been discussed on this board how tough it is to go mid major to a major program and succeed. I’m IU forever, and support them until I’m six feet under.

However, there seems to be a lack of accountability in all facets. There is no fight. There is no respect for coach, the program, or the history. Whether some of us want to admit it or not, we are a “once was” as we stand today.

I’m not going to say I have the answers. I’m a big fan of Archie and think he MAY be successful, but my doubts continue to increase with performance. All these young men are that; young men. They need to be led and held account; without that, everyone in that locker room loses.

IF we change paths, Matta is my call. He’s now refreshed, healthy, and lives in Indy. Obviously he has the recruiting contacts and has always had the respect of his players.

Overall, Archie has to put the hammer down. Everyone is going to have their opinion, but he needs to hold himself and the players accountable. If the young man doesn’t want to play, he’s out.

I completely agree, and he's proven and realistically available, I've been thinking the same for weeks. He was never washed up, just bad health and one down year that's probably better than this year for us

I’m with Archie as well...read my post. My point is accountability, and the lack of it throughout the program (and society, if you want to widen the argument).

IF Archie doesn’t want to bench those that don’t want to play...IF his tenacity doesn’t flow over to practice and the games, my question is where is the problem? What role do the assistants play in this regime? Etc, Etc...

IF we have to make a move, Matta is the guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT