ADVERTISEMENT

Tariffs / Trade Wars / Tweets

WHAT? This man's thought process reminds me of a bowl of spaghetti. You just dont know where it starts or ends.

cropped-spaghetti-for-brains_logo_long.png

tariffs don't create the problem for the home country. doing them piece by piece is what causes the problems.

like i've said many times, just put a big tariff on anything and everything that can be produced or serviced from here, problem solved..

there will always be some working class losers, as even with our massive trade deficit, some industries still export more than they import.

but those industries are the minority, not the majority. (thus, the trade deficit).

but put a tariff on everything that can be produced or serviced from here, and the winners will far outnumber the losers.

and even the losers will only be losers short term, as even their prospects will improve as jobs and wages in general improve.

Trump wants to hit China with an additional $100 billion in tariffs
A day earlier, the president said we weren’t in a trade war with China.
https://www.vox.com/2018/4/5/17204438/trump-tariffs-china-trade-100-billion

''
On Wednesday, Donald Trump tweeted, “When you’re already $500 Billion DOWN, you can’t lose!” That claim about trade is about to be severely tested, as the White House looks to impose $100 billion more in tariffs on China, on top of the $50 billion in tariffs the administration is already seeking.

Trump said in a statement that he’s asking the US trade representative to consider an additional $100 billion in tariffs “in light of China’s unfair retaliation.” China said Tuesday it would impose $50 billion in tariffs against US products, including soybeans and cars, in response to the Trump administration’s initial decision to slap tariffs on Chinese-made goods to punish the country for intellectual property theft.

All of which sounds very much like the escalation of a potential trade war between the world’s economic superpowers
.''

stg040518_color.jpg

Last edited:
Tariffs didn’t hurt aluminum, The price is down 4% this morning :D

Trump is a man whose goal in life is money and cheap women, not necessarily in that order. By creating havoc in Wall Street, he can buy Amazon stocks at below $1000. Trusting his judgment, I put a buy order at $1000 myself.

Reactions: Lucy01
You mean those radical lefty moonbats like Ross Perot and Lou Dobbs? One of these days you might wake up to the fact that you are the RINO not Trump.
Ross Perot wasn't a Republican and Lou Dobbs probably isn't either. Neither is Sanders, but he was a contender for the Democratic nomination and he favored tariffs.

Ross Perot wasn't a Republican and Lou Dobbs probably isn't either. Neither is Sanders, but he was a contender for the Democratic nomination and he favored tariffs.

TBF Aloha, what is the Republican party nowadays? It's more nationalist, nativist, white christian and almost becoming regional.

You may be chasing a ghost at this point.

32c7f25b8f8a5c07be296d2e313e0a71.jpg

Onwards to being an 'Independent'. The full cycle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rockfish1
At some point you have to get over this RINO crap and accept that the party is what it has become.
Trump is a RINO and it disturbs me that many people that claim they're Republican or conservative don't realize it. I know many Republicans that agree with me. Hopefully we'll purge the party of Trump in 2020. If not, I'll not be a member of the party. Don't get your hopes up - I'm not going back to the Democratic party. Whenever the thought crosses my mind I read something from one of our most partisan and obnoxious Democrats here and realize that there's not a chance in hell I want to be in the same club. ;)

Reactions: MrBing
I'm not going back to the Democratic party. Whenever the thought crosses my mind I read something from one of our most partisan and obnoxious Democrats here and realize that there's not a chance in hell I want to be in the same club.
Don't make any rash decisions on account of me.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Wait a minute Trump is a genius that thinks way beyond what mere mortals are able to grasp. This is explored in an opinion piece in the New York Times, which part of is shown below:

"As Paris Martineau explained in New York Magazine, QAnon was born last October, when someone claiming to have “Q” level security clearance started a cryptic thread on 4chan, the online message board and troll playground. It was titled, “The Calm Before the Storm,” a phrase Trump had recently used. Q posted hints, some in the form of questions, ostensibly meant to help clued-in Trump supporters understand what was really going on in Washington beneath the facade of chaos and incompetence. (“What is military intelligence? Why go around the 3 letter agencies?”)

From these clues, a sprawling community on message boards, YouTube videos and Twitter accounts has elaborated an enormous, ever-mutating fantasy narrative about the Trump presidency. In the QAnon reality, Trump only pretended to collude with Russia in order to create a pretext for the hiring of Robert Mueller, the special counsel, who is actually working with Trump to take down an inconceivably evil and powerful network of coup-plotters and child sex traffickers that includes Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and George Soros."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/06/opinion/qanon-trump-conspiracy-theory.html

At some point you have to get over this RINO crap and accept that the party is what it has become.

the GOP is the political arm of Wall Street and the donor class, the NRA, and the pro life movement.

the Dem Party is the political arm of Wall Street, pro choice, and minorities.

neither party represents the working class anymore, nor has for a long time.

Hopefully we'll purge the party of Trump in 2020. If not, I'll not be a member of the party. Don't get your hopes up - I'm not going back to the Democratic party. Whenever the thought crosses my mind I read something from one of our most partisan and obnoxious Democrats here and realize that there's not a chance in hell I want to be in the same club. ;)
You've got to be optimist to be a Democrat, and you've got to be a humorist to stay one.
Will Rogers

and another

"Please accept my resignation. I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member". Groucho Marx

Trump is a RINO and it disturbs me that many people that claim they're Republican or conservative don't realize it. I know many Republicans that agree with me. Hopefully we'll purge the party of Trump in 2020. If not, I'll not be a member of the party. Don't get your hopes up - I'm not going back to the Democratic party. Whenever the thought crosses my mind I read something from one of our most partisan and obnoxious Democrats here and realize that there's not a chance in hell I want to be in the same club. ;)
You've lost it here, Aloha. Lost it. Trump is extreme right conservative except where he's a DINO(SAUR). He either does everything possible to eliminate all taxes, regulations, build up the military to galactic size, ruin the planet, in short, hardcore, braindead Republican bullshit, or he follows his gut and reverts to Neanderthal policies that no one but Berndead advocates.

Sure, Berndead got a lot of support for his demagoguery, just like Trump. That's what happens with demagoguery. By definition. That doesn't make Trump's braindead killing of TPP and trade wars with China liberal policy...except in your brain.

In case you haven't noticed, Trump won the election and is now our Pres. A whole lotta of conservatives voted for and still overwhelmingly support your GOP leader. I guess they're all RINOs, except for you.

You've lost it here, Aloha. Lost it. Trump is extreme right conservative except where he's a DINO(SAUR). He either does everything possible to eliminate all taxes, regulations, build up the military to galactic size, ruin the planet, in short, hardcore, braindead Republican bullshit, or he follows his gut and reverts to Neanderthal policies that no one but Berndead advocates.

Sure, Berndead got a lot of support for his demagoguery, just like Trump. That's what happens with demagoguery. By definition. That doesn't make Trump's braindead killing of TPP and trade wars with China liberal policy...except in your brain.

In case you haven't noticed, Trump won the election and is now our Pres. A whole lotta of conservatives voted for and still overwhelmingly support your GOP leader. I guess they're all RINOs, except for you.
He got Bernhead votes, and blue collar union people that usually vote for Democrats as well. He wasn’t the only one to disavow TPP either. So did HRC. Sharrod Brown, a Democratic favorite here in Ohio, was also against it. He even voted against NAFTA. Being against free trade is a traditionally Democratic position.

There’s a real split in the Republican Party right now and I’m part of the anti-Trump (who truly is a RINO) faction.

Not surprisingly, Trump's got it assbackwards. By protecting steel and aluminum workers he's hurting far more American workers.

For every job in Tupelo producing steel or aluminum, there are 200 jobs in industries that consume them that could be put at risk as tariffs push up the prices of these metals, according to research from Jacob Whiton and Mark Muro of the Brookings Institution.

This is true across the country. The lesson the White House has yet to figure out is that the tariffs meant to protect the businesses that make these metals will end up hamstringing the industries that rely on them.​

The United States has been here before. When President George W. Bush imposed emergency tariffs on imported steel in 2002, prices of steel shot up. According to a survey by the International Trade Commission, almost one in five furniture and hardware producers, as well as a third of electrical appliance makers and one in 10 auto-parts suppliers, responded by relocating production abroad. Another study found that industries that use steel lost 200,000 jobs. That is more than all the jobs in the steel industry itself.​

If anything, he should do the opposite. But 1950s Trump gotta Trump.

I would say that with the massive Corp Tax cuts that were given to companies they should easily be able to absorb increases in material costs and not pass the increases thru to us. No one seems to mention this.

Dealing with China Incorporated is not the same as dealing with free nations. We need to clearly understand that China is the biggest threat to freedom in the world. Their motives are clear. Americans need to wise up.

Not surprisingly, Trump's got it assbackwards. By protecting steel and aluminum workers he's hurting far more American workers.

For every job in Tupelo producing steel or aluminum, there are 200 jobs in industries that consume them that could be put at risk as tariffs push up the prices of these metals, according to research from Jacob Whiton and Mark Muro of the Brookings Institution.

This is true across the country. The lesson the White House has yet to figure out is that the tariffs meant to protect the businesses that make these metals will end up hamstringing the industries that rely on them.​

The United States has been here before. When President George W. Bush imposed emergency tariffs on imported steel in 2002, prices of steel shot up. According to a survey by the International Trade Commission, almost one in five furniture and hardware producers, as well as a third of electrical appliance makers and one in 10 auto-parts suppliers, responded by relocating production abroad. Another study found that industries that use steel lost 200,000 jobs. That is more than all the jobs in the steel industry itself.​

If anything, he should do the opposite. But 1950s Trump gotta Trump.

I would say that with the massive Corp Tax cuts that were given to companies they should easily be able to absorb increases in material costs and not pass the increases thru to us. No one seems to mention this.

Dealing with China Incorporated is not the same as dealing with free nations. We need to clearly understand that China is the biggest threat to freedom in the world. Their motives are clear. Americans need to wise up.
You truly can’t believe that will happen? That companies will just absorb the increases? That seems pretty naive to me. Also what about farmers?

Reactions: Morrison
You truly can’t believe that will happen? That companies will just absorb the increases? That seems pretty naive to me. Also what about farmers?
Of course, he believes it. After all, he seems to believe all the lies Trump has been telling us. :(

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT