ADVERTISEMENT

Tariffs / Trade Wars / Tweets

So both will cost consumers more. The question will be, will we sell more pork elsewhere to offset the loss in sales to China? If not, pork producers might not be happy.

Yes, that was the point I was trying to make.

Producers may not be happy, but this is good for my next bacon buys

8e1b3acc-8fc8-45fc-aa58-1371530bed0e
WadfOxw.png

Of course this only holds until producers slash production, thereby increasing prices.

Either way, this is certainly NOT a pro growth result for a guy that loves to talk about how focused he is on economic growth.

Farmers are going to get crushed.
Pork can be shopped from different sources and farmers worldwide will ramp up to fill the void. So if the tariffs hold on long enough for the farmers around the world to get their brood stock in place the market will be depressed for quite awhile. Soybeans (which I haven't seen on a list) are another huge trading item which can cause an amazing amount of pain in the mid-west. Soybean farmers are in competition with everyone that produces soybeans, canola oil, palm oil, fish oil,... It's going to get ugly.

So besides him tanking the stock market on this, I’m now going to get killed with farm profits dropping. ( along with millions) America First! Thanks, Trump!

Yes, that was the point I was trying to make.

Producers may not be happy, but this is good for my next bacon buys

8e1b3acc-8fc8-45fc-aa58-1371530bed0e
WadfOxw.png

Of course this only holds until producers slash production, thereby increasing prices.

Either way, this is certainly NOT a pro growth result for a guy that loves to talk about how focused he is on economic growth.
Trump must be thinking this will help US cardiologists' practices to grow.

Reactions: sglowrider
I thought you were a teacher...
Nope, I'm a farmer. Kidding. I was a teacher, now I'm a house director. Farming has been in my family for a century and we still own farms in Indiana. My dad was a farmer for about 10 years and I lived on a farm til I was about 6. He quit to move to personnel at GM and had a family friend rent the land.

Last edited:
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Being a teacher and farm profits aren't mutually exclusive.

Besides, zeke is a retired teacher, now purportedly serving as a house mother on the IU campus somewhere . . .

. . . without pics it ain't real, of course (using an AOTF standard here).
No pics. Never pics. Funny story though. Someone on the AOTF a couple years ago posted some sorority girls pics and they were my girls. He had just done a google search for IU girls and they randomly came up. Think it might have been C$.

No pics. Never pics. Funny story though. Someone on the AOTF a couple years ago posted some sorority girls pics and they were my girls. He had just done a google search for IU girls and they randomly came up. Think it might have been C$.

Of course you never let anybody know those were your girls . . . .

Hopefully for a sorority?
Oh God yes. Actually I was offered a men's position. Many of them actually do have women. Literally would not take a million dollars to do it. But some women like it better than working with the girls. Different issues, for sure.

Doesn't he work for Comcast? I bet he knows everything about all of us.

Oh God yes. Actually I was offered a men's position. Many of them actually do have women. Literally would not take a million dollars to do it. But some women like it better than working with the girls. Different issues, for sure.

Oh I know. Our house director was an old lady that had no place being around a frat house on Jordan.

Oh I know. Our house director was an old lady that had no place being around a frat house on Jordan.
They all used to be so old. Our house mom couldn't even climb stairs. Now there has to be someone living in at all frats. Some of the guys have a grad student living in and a woman doing a 9-5 business position within the house. I'd say there are at least 5 and maybe more females that live in though. Just being the host to all the parties would stress me out and feeling responsible. Let alone, the guys are slobs. I hold my breath every time I walk into a frat. The combination of alcohol, weed, puke, and rotting pizza under the bed is special. There are a few newer ones that are still in pretty good shape.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Now there has to be someone living in at all frats. Some of the guys have a grad student living in and a woman doing a 9-5 business position within the house.
When did this come about? In the mid 70s there weren't any house mothers, at least not in frats.

When did this come about? In the mid 70s there weren't any house mothers, at least not in frats.
It just became mandatory last year. Women have always had them, but frats just started recently.

Back to the stock market....Amazon took a huge hit after Trump's tweets today, dropping more than 5%. Is this ok? Can Trump just decide to attack anyone he wants and lose money for the owners and their stockholders? I feel like we need a lot of new laws to protect people from things no other so called president would ever have considered doing. I think he needs a mandatory 40 hour work week too. Or can we pay him by the hour? ( joking here, but serious about the market).

Back to the stock market....Amazon took a huge hit after Trump's tweets today, dropping more than 5%. Is this ok? Can Trump just decide to attack anyone he wants and lose money for the owners and their stockholders? I feel like we need a lot of new laws to protect people from things no other so called president would ever have considered doing. I think he needs a mandatory 40 hour work week too. Or can we pay him by the hour? ( joking here, but serious about the market).

It's most certainly not acceptable. In fact, it's very Putin of him.

Reactions: hoosboot
Back to the stock market....Amazon took a huge hit after Trump's tweets today, dropping more than 5%. Is this ok? Can Trump just decide to attack anyone he wants and lose money for the owners and their stockholders?
It's economic warfare. Fvck with me and I'll Tweet your stock into a selloff.

Farmers are going to get crushed.
Pork can be shopped from different sources and farmers worldwide will ramp up to fill the void. So if the tariffs hold on long enough for the farmers around the world to get their brood stock in place the market will be depressed for quite awhile. Soybeans (which I haven't seen on a list) are another huge trading item which can cause an amazing amount of pain in the mid-west. Soybean farmers are in competition with everyone that produces soybeans, canola oil, palm oil, fish oil,... It's going to get ugly.

American bacon isnt even the best. (I love my bacon :p) Yes, there are plenty of other sources regionally.

American bacon isnt even the best. (I love my bacon :p) Yes, there are plenty of other sources regionally.
Whose is the best? Honestly can't ever remember having bacon in another country. Seems like it is rarely offered. But then again, I'm always eating or staying at the cheap places!

Whose is the best? Honestly can't ever remember having bacon in another country. Seems like it is rarely offered. But then again, I'm always eating or staying at the cheap places!

Regular American bacon tends to be of the streaky bacon variety -- good for frying up to make bacon bits imo only. My preference is of the Danish type.
Best bacon locations -- Thailand, UK and Dubai (though I doubt if they are grown locally ;))
Chinese bacon is ok -- a tad uncivilised in its presentation and how they slice the meat and how they tend to cook it.

But Thai bacon... yummy. Meaty, juicy. You need statins when you visit Thailand amongst other condiments.

Reactions: rocket_knight
Regular American bacon tends to be of the streaky bacon variety -- good for frying up to make bacon bits imo only. My preference is of the Danish type.
Best bacon locations -- Thailand, UK and Dubai (though I doubt if they are grown locally ;))
Chinese bacon is ok -- a tad uncivilised in its presentation and how they slice the meat and how they tend to cook it.

But Thai bacon... yummy. Meaty, juicy. You need statins when you visit Thailand amongst other condiments.
Pretty sure I didn't have bacon in Thailand. I do feel like I've had it some places though where it's really thick and they barely cook it. I like mine crispy and I'm not going to be picky about it in another country, so maybe why I rarely have it.

Pretty sure I didn't have bacon in Thailand. I do feel like I've had it some places though where it's really thick and they barely cook it. I like mine crispy and I'm not going to be picky about it in another country, so maybe why I rarely have it.

Streaky bacon is your bacon of choice.

I like mine thicker and juicy -- try making a bacon sandwich with this type of bacon. Yummy in your tummy.

It's economic warfare. Fvck with me and I'll Tweet your stock into a selloff.

Considering the size of AMZN and their weight in the indexes....and the fact that most everyone's retirement accts are in index funds/mutual funds....it really is a big, dumb kick in the sack to a large swath of America.

This entire downturn of markets since Jan is all Trump being a jackass, for no good reason. Congress gifted him a huge rally with the tax bill, and he's doing his best to somehow screw that up.

Considering the size of AMZN and their weight in the indexes....and the fact that most everyone's retirement accts are in index funds/mutual funds....it really is a big, dumb kick in the sack to a large swath of America.

This entire downturn of markets since Jan is all Trump being a jackass, for no good reason. Congress gifted him a huge rally with the tax bill, and he's doing his best to somehow screw that up.

In a perfect world there should be an investigation to see if anyone in the administration shorted Amazon.

Read the market is down over 4 percent since the tax bill. It's one thing when worldwide events affect the market. It's another when it's things the so called president is doing on purpose.

Reactions: TommyCracker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT