ADVERTISEMENT

sWANNIGAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby9

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 14, 2001
according from prem page, he decommited from MSU--anyone know anything about this andwhere does he go from here--my guess, UK and Cal
BOBBY9

no one really knows, but most of the Cal boards are saying NOT Cal as they have no scholarships left

When I first heard about it I thought UK but after listening to the radio it looks like it could be Purdue. Remember is guardian is a former Purdue football player and he said the decision is purely a business decision. I really don't really understand what he means by a business decision unless they are getting paid so how is de-committing from MSU a business decision.

Cal fans have been coming over to gbi saying congrats and they are not in the picture for him.

When I first heard about it I thought UK but after listening to the radio it looks like it could be Purdue. Remember is guardian is a former Purdue football player and he said the decision is purely a business decision. I really don't really understand what he means by a business decision unless they are getting paid so how is de-committing from MSU a business decision.

FWIW Scott, Rosie was a scholly basektball player that guarded and effectively if I remember Isiah. He took a fifth year and played football and went to the NFL for about 5 or so years I think. However, he was a basektball player that had great lateral movement and was strong.... The business decision for Rosie, or Parker and the like is how his stock might play out.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...th/The-20-Most-Influential-Sports-Agents.aspx

check number 18

"
Biography[edit]
Born and raised in Fort Wayne, Indiana, Parker graduated from Purdue University in 1978, and graduated from Valparaiso University School of Law in 1982.[citation needed]. In his early years, after receiving his law degree, Parker trained his former NFL client Roosevelt Barnes to be his long-time partner in the agent business and groomed another agent Craig McKenzie a fellow graduate of Valparaiso University School of Law. Parker, at his company Maximum Sports Management, now oversees 5 agents in his current practice.

I thought ahope was a group formed for kids from Africa?
And the only reason those two players got in trouble was the guy who ran A-hope gave $20.00 for a bumper sticker for his wife over 20 years before those kids arrived in the US. It had nothing to do with A-hope in general just the factt hat a person gave $20.00 to the University for a bumper sticker. Will Purdue fans be a hypocrite because when they lost Dawson to MSU they cried foul because they thought he was headed to Purdue but now it appears to be the other way will they not see how this might look.

This is shady....guardianis an agent and is steering him to PU.

Rosie was his guardian when he brought him to Indiana. Rosie was his guardian when he verballed to MSU. Rosie was his guardian that helped trim his weight down and will be his guardian wherever Biggie goes. Rosie is not hired by Purdue. Rosie had a business before Biggie came along and will have a businees after Biggie leaves. Rosie can't quit his business because someone might think his informed opinion might be of value? It was his knowledge and getting Biggie away from the thugs that Rosie was sought from a childhood friend to be Biggie's guardian. I have no idea what Biggie will do, but Rosie was there for him when he committed to MSU. Rosie was there for him when he gave strong consideration to Cal and Rosie will be there for him wherever he signs in teh next two weeks. If Rosie pulled all the strings why MSU and then why not MSU...obviously some decisions are going on which is indicative of a free choice. Now, I'm sure Rosie likes having the Hammons and Haas so Biggie can be more of a four. I say all this and Purdue may not even be his landing spot.

A MSU sight now refers to Rosie as his adoptive father?

Rumors when he committed to msu was that he back doored Rosie and that Rosie would refuse to sign his LOI

And the only reason those two players got in trouble was the guy who ran A-hope gave $20.00 for a bumper sticker for his wife over 20 years before those kids arrived in the US. It had nothing to do with A-hope in general just the factt hat a person gave $20.00 to the University for a bumper sticker. Will Purdue fans be a hypocrite because when they lost Dawson to MSU they cried foul because they thought he was headed to Purdue but now it appears to be the other way will they not see how this might look.

You are aware that was a lot different than the situation here. Purdue was the choice for Dawson according to every source for a few years. MSU came out of nowhere and landed Dawson a player that Matt recruited very heavy and lost at the last minute. The turn of events was in the eyes of most a last second decision out of nowhere. Biggie has been on Purdue's radar for some time. What did Pudue have 5 or 6 coaches in the front row if the state finals?

"Purdue's entire coaching staff was in attendance for the championship game, and the Boilermakers have made Swanigan a recruiting priority for several months. He has made a handful of unofficial visits to Purdue."

MSU had recruitesd Swanigan for some time and nobody was in shock that he picked MSU...Dawson was another story....

Last edited:
Reactions: iu60
Is he going to play pg? That is what they pu needs. Imagine pu last year without Octeus. Watch pu when Octeus was out of the game, especially the Minnesota game.

Reactions: rkf7907
Is he going to play pg? That is what they pu needs. Imagine pu last year without Octeus. Watch pu when Octeus was out of the game, especially the Minnesota game.

Octeus played 35 minutes against Minny and only had three fouls. If you want to look at a game where his minutes were limited the. Look no further then the game in Bloomington where he fouled out after only playing 29 minutes.

"________ a player that Matt recruited very heavy and lost at the last minute"

Couldn't you insert just about every big name player Painter has gone after into this sentence about Dawson? So has every other 5 star he's recruited been bought out too? The conspiracies you guys come up with some times to explain Painters ineptitude in closing top players are pretty entertaining.

You are aware that was a lot different than the situation here. Purdue was the choice for Dawson according to every source for a few years. MSU came out of nowhere and landed Dawson a player that Matt recruited very heavy and lost at the last minute. The turn of events was in the eyes of most a last second decision out of nowhere. Biggie has been on Purdue's radar for some time. What did Pudue have 5 or 6 coaches in the front row if the state finals?

"Purdue's entire coaching staff was in attendance for the championship game, and the Boilermakers have made Swanigan a recruiting priority for several months. He has made a handful of unofficial visits to Purdue."

MSU had recruitesd Swanigan for some time and nobody was in shock that he picked MSU...Dawson was another story....
The only reason Swanigan would ever look at PU is because of Barnes because no 5 star players ever looks at Purdue

Purdue is going to be ridiculously big now.. Does swannigan start along side hammons, over him or what? Good for them but seems like an odd recruitment.. Hate to think Purdue beat out anyone for a 5* kid. Does anyone else think he's the type of guy that thinks he's a one and done then gets to college and may be more like a two or three year guy? I haven't seen him play in person but he can't jump, doesn't seem that fast.. Just wonder if that hurts his stock and he stays around for a while

Could IU and PU battle for the conference like in the old days? That would be great and I realize other teams will have a say.

Reactions: Raynman92
Remember when PUers would come here and lambaste Sampson when Gordon decommitted UI for IU?

Last edited:
Swanigan is not a one and done.....think Tractor Traylor from back in the day. He is a butt to the basket player.

Purdue is going to be ridiculously big now.. Does swannigan start along side hammons, over him or what? Good for them but seems like an odd recruitment.. Hate to think Purdue beat out anyone for a 5* kid. Does anyone else think he's the type of guy that thinks he's a one and done then gets to college and may be more like a two or three year guy? I haven't seen him play in person but he can't jump, doesn't seem that fast.. Just wonder if that hurts his stock and he stays around for a while

If Swanigan commits to Purdue (still an open question), I think he plays the 4, with AJ Hammons at the 5. That moves Edwards to the 3 spot. The rest is up for grabs. Where does Davis play? Does he take over as PG? It is known he is considering that role. It is down to Stephens or Mathias for the starting 2-guard. We could still get a PG (one openning left) so maybe Davis comes off the bench as a 3, which is what he played last year, more or less. The 1-4 positions are almost interchangeable in Purdue's offense.

I think Swaniga is going to need to work hard on his conditioning this summer if he wants to start. It is possible that he is a year away from high level play. I have just seen him once, and was impressed with his unselfish play, his size, and his skill around the basket. I also thought he is carrying some baby fat. (like I don't! - right!)

:cool:

Octeus played 35 minutes against Minny and only had three fouls. If you want to look at a game where his minutes were limited the. Look no further then the game in Bloomington where he fouled out after only playing 29 minutes.
Octeus came out of the game and Purdue turned the ball over several times in a row against a press. Minnesota went on a run and it turned the game around. Octeus had to hurry back in the game. Maybe we are looking at another game. Or maybe those 5 minutes cost Purdue the game.

Whatever the case, Octeus is gone and hasn't been replaced. He was your best player. The current roster can't make up for Octeus at the point.

Octeus came out of the game and Purdue turned the ball over several times in a row against a press. Minnesota went on a run and it turned the game around. Octeus had to hurry back in the game. Maybe we are looking at another game. Or maybe those 5 minutes cost Purdue the game.

Whatever the case, Octeus is gone and hasn't been replaced. He was your best player. The current roster can't make up for Octeus at the point.
He was out best PG, not necessarily our best player. I would have to give that to either Hammons or Davis.

One of my favorite all time quotes was from Jack Elway who was the father of John. He was also the coach at San Diego State. When John was being recruited he told Sports Illustrated something like, "I gave the kid tons of cash, bought him cars, hell, I even offered to have an affair with his mother and he still signed with Stanford."

He was out best PG, not necessarily our best player. I would have to give that to either Hammons or Davis.

One of my favorite all time quotes was from Jack Elway who was the father of John. He was also the coach at San Diego State. When John was being recruited he told Sports Illustrated something like, "I gave the kid tons of cash, bought him cars, hell, I even offered to have an affair with his mother and he still signed with Stanford."
Octeus and Hammons were both key. I think people are forgetting that Octeus ran the team despite arriving so late. He made the team much better and was the only one that could play the point. There wasn't a good option beyond him.

If Purdue doesn't find a point guard, opposing teams should press Purdue early and often.

Octeus and Hammons were both key. I think people are forgetting that Octeus ran the team despite arriving so late. He made the team much better and was the only one that could play the point. There wasn't a good option beyond him.

If Purdue doesn't find a point guard, opposing teams should press Purdue early and often.
Davis and Hammons were our key players. Octeus was a great addition, but he is replaceable. Mathias, Davis, and Edwards are all capable ball handlers. We can break a press by committee. Our offense also doesn't use your typical pg. Our defense will also not suffer with no true point. We can switch all over the outside along with us having the 2 best defenders in the B1G. We're fine with Swanigan or without him.

"the 2 best defenders in the B1G" . . .

You need to get out more . . . .
You do realize they were both 1st team defense and people were surprised when Davis won and not Hammons, right? That puts them at 1 and 2 on defense in the conference in my book (and I'm guessing most others').

Davis and Hammons were our key players. Octeus was a great addition, but he is replaceable. Mathias, Davis, and Edwards are all capable ball handlers. We can break a press by committee. Our offense also doesn't use your typical pg. Our defense will also not suffer with no true point. We can switch all over the outside along with us having the 2 best defenders in the B1G. We're fine with Swanigan or without him.
I hope Mathias is the pg when we play Purdue. So, Purdue didn't even need Octeus this year.

I hope Mathias is the pg when we play Purdue. So, Purdue didn't even need Octeus this year.
Why? So Yogi and JBJ can run down the court with Davis and Mathias while Edwards brings the ball up against Stan? Did I say we didn't need Octeus last year? Nope. Just said he is replaceable this year (especially with another year under our guys' belts).

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT