ADVERTISEMENT

sWANNIGAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swanigan is a 1 to 2 year player at PU. Rosie has Biggie on the Fast track to NBA. Impressive to see Biggie slmiming down from around 300 lbs only a couple years ago in HS.

Last edited:
Swanigan is a 1 to 2 year player at PU. Rosie has Biggie on thd Fast track to NBA. Impressive to see Biggie slmiming down from around 300 lbs only a couple years ago in HS.

yep - all Albert's handlers have their hands out. Turdue must have been the highest bidder

Press after made baskets only. It is easier to get organized after a make. I always preferred a trapping zone press. I would expect to see multiple looks.

We will have to see who Purdue finds to handle the ball. Are they more easily trapped? How well do they pass out of a double team? Can they beat a zone off the dribble? We won't press the whole game, but I expect to see us do it and especially against a team without an experienced or elite pg.
yes,I suspect zone presses both guarding the trigger man and letting the ball get in bounds. I don't think any single press over a game will be a problem. I do think quick multiple looks (still in a zone or jump) with various degrees of pressure could cause problems. Purdue has no one person I believe that totally eliminates the effect of a press and so I think change ups, requiring recognition and different ways of breaking the press will be more effective against Purdue than a whole game of pressing.

Swanigan is a 1 to 2 year player at PU. Rosie has Biggie on the Fast track toNBA. Impressive to see Biggie slmiming down from around 300 lbs only a couple years ago in HS.
He ran a 5:41 mile this week. Has really transformed his body.

Swanigan is a 1 to 2 year player at PU. Rosie has Biggie on the Fast track to NBA. Impressive to see Biggie slmiming down from around 300 lbs only a couple years ago in HS.
No way Biggie leaves until/if he becomes a guaranteed 1st rounder. 2 years min. I think.

It looks like he has gotten into better shape. I think he is down over 50 pounds since high school.

Is he running from the beautiful 250+ coeds at PU. Thanks for resurrecting the thread. WAFM.

Cracks me up every time I see IU people mention this. The last 10 women I've seen in the 250+ club were all wearing IU gear and several of them were pushing 3hundo. Some of the hottest women I've seen lately were wearing PU gear. You guys act as if nobody that goes to IU is overweight and nobody from PU is hot.

his handler is sleazy. and he flipped his commitment from MSU - a far superior program to Turdue - after just a week. beyond fishy

Cracks me up every time I see IU people mention this. The last 10 women I've seen in the 250+ club were all wearing IU gear and several of them were pushing 3hundo. Some of the hottest women I've seen lately were wearing PU gear. You guys act as if nobody that goes to IU is overweight and nobody from PU is hot.
you were in the cow barn, and the PUke coeds were putting together a skit. Those were the Purdue dance team wearing that IU garb, hoping to look better, as IU colors are worn by prettier women. Hey, how was your trip to the state fair?

well tell us what is incorrect about his statement. It all seems to be spot on.

(1) It was not a week later, it was a month later.
(2) Roosevelt did not push him. Caleb admitted he rushed into his original commitment. Of the three schools it was reported down to originally, no coach from any of the teams had any idea where he was going. Martin thought he was going to Purdue, Painter thought he was going to Cal, and Izzo thought he had no chance.
(3) What is fishy about a player in today's game flipping a commitment?
(4) While I will admit MSU is the better program, he gets to play the position he feels most comfortable with at Purdue.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
(1) It was not a week later, it was a month later.
(2) Roosevelt did not push him. Caleb admitted he rushed into his original commitment. Of the three schools it was reported down to originally, no coach from any of the teams had any idea where he was going. Martin thought he was going to Purdue, Painter thought he was going to Cal, and Izzo thought he had no chance.
(3) What is fishy about a player in today's game flipping a commitment?
(4) While I will admit MSU is the better program, he gets to play the position he feels most comfortable with at Purdue.
Is Rosie an agent? Is Rosie a Purdue grad? Does Caleb live with him? Is Caleb a close relative to Rosie? Did they "talk" after CS committed to MSU? I really don't know-thanks in advance.

Is Rosie an agent? Is Rosie a Purdue grad? Does Caleb live with him? Is Caleb a close relative to Rosie? Did they "talk" after CS committed to MSU? I really don't know-thanks in advance.

Roosevelt is his legal guardian who happens to be an NFL agent. He adopted him while he was in middle school. Without Barnes, Swanigan likely would not have had the drive to compete at the level he is today.
Roosevelt is a Purdue grad, but has remained very close with Cuonzo Martin over the years.
There were no talks after Caleb committed to MSU. There was a B10 rule put in place after the Eric Gordon situation years ago. Obviously that is B10 only and doesn't prohibit teams from a state south of Indiana from talking to committed athletes.

well tell us what is incorrect about his statement. It all seems to be spot on.

Well the "handler" has been his legal guardian for several years along with other members of his family. Rosie is a sports agent by trade not a "sleasy handler" as you call him. He switched from MSU about 3-4 weeks after committing. Swanigan made the commitment after not consulting his famiy so you are again FOS as all of your comments are. So there is that. The funny thing is you are ok with recruiting to the oversign of an 18 man roster and "Creaning" players to make room for fresh players to be "Creaned". LoL.

Well the "handler" has been his legal guardian for several years along with other members of his family. Rosie is a sports agent by trade not a "sleasy handler" as you call him. He switched from MSU about 3-4 weeks after committing. Swanigan made the commitment after not consulting his famiy so you are again FOS as all of your comments are. So there is that. The funny thing is you are ok with recruiting to the oversign of an 18 man roster and "Creaning" players to make room for fresh players to be "Creaned". LoL.
when did I ever call him a "sleazy handler?" when? I don't think it matters whether it was 3 or 4 weeks when he reneged on his MSU commitment. I am not the one that posted the one week comment, I just asked what was not true about his comments. Who is CSwannigan's "family"? Is it Rosie/agent, or his natural parents? When did I state that I was OK with oversigning? I am against it, always have been. Kdub, you are wrong in slinging out these accusations, and it makes you look like you cannot read or comprehend what is written.

when did I ever call him a "sleazy handler?" when? I don't think it matters whether it was 3 or 4 weeks when he reneged on his MSU commitment. I am not the one that posted the one week comment, I just asked what was not true about his comments. Who is CSwannigan's "family"? Is it Rosie/agent, or his natural parents? When did I state that I was OK with oversigning? I am against it, always have been. Kdub, you are wrong in slinging out these accusations, and it makes you look like you cannot read or comprehend what is written.
This is not directed T you. I quoted the wrong post sorry.

it is hard for me to see this Rosie sleezy handler thing still going. rosie was his father when he committed to MSU AND when he backed out of the verbal. Caleb is not the first, nor will he be the last to change a verbal. Purdue was his BEST choice and I said that all along and THAT is why the business decision was to Purdue where Caleb can see TWO fives getting minutes to ensure him more time at the 4. Caleb wanted to commit to Purdue as an eighth grader in how ever that would work out... :) With all the high profile players Purdue has missed on it doesn't make a lot of sense to wait on Caleb to do something shady. With the professional ties Rosie has...any payout from a university is pocket change. It defies logic to start to go down the road of "shady" with Caleb. Imagine the years when Purdue was really hurting for talent and IU thumped them...THOSE were years Purdue really needed some talent. Purdue has Taylor to provide time at teh 4 and so Caleb type player is not as important today as a couple of years ago. When Purdue finishes mid pack in teh Big and has a roster of 5 star players you might ask how they recruited them with their program...but Purdue has ONE 5 star player and it has been years before we find another. Naturally, if Purdue has a strong year, Purdue might get a few 5 stars in 17, but really this shady thing defies logic

you were in the cow barn, and the PUke coeds were putting together a skit. Those were the Purdue dance team wearing that IU garb, hoping to look better, as IU colors are worn by prettier women. Hey, how was your trip to the state fair?
Your funny, lol

Caleb will be Purdue's best player. PG will be a problem.
Walking quietly away from the insult exchange, toward a basketball discussion.

It is looking more and more like Hill may fill the PG role nicely. Feedback from practice is that he is very quick both offensively and defensively, and is quickly blending with the team. He seems to have the same work ethic that the rest of the team does. He is a pass-first PG who seems to have a good mid-range game. Hill is tall enough to guard the 1 or 2 spot, so that PG hole may not be as big as you might think.

Other news: Caleb ran a 5:41 mile, and is improving his conditioning everyday. AJ is running with the guards. It looks like the team is working hard on conditioning. Stephens has developed new aspects of his game making him very hard to guard, according to the other players. Not saying anything about the relative strengths of our schools, just saying that the PG position looks to be okay, and the team is well focused on the coming season. I think it is going to be a good year for basketball in the state of Indiana.

:cool:.

Reactions: aggar66
Walking quietly away from the insult exchange, toward a basketball discussion.

It is looking more and more like Hill may fill the PG role nicely. Feedback from practice is that he is very quick both offensively and defensively, and is quickly blending with the team. He seems to have the same work ethic that the rest of the team does. He is a pass-first PG who seems to have a good mid-range game. Hill is tall enough to guard the 1 or 2 spot, so that PG hole may not be as big as you might think.

Other news: Caleb ran a 5:41 mile, and is improving his conditioning everyday. AJ is running with the guards. It looks like the team is working hard on conditioning. Stephens has developed new aspects of his game making him very hard to guard, according to the other players. Not saying anything about the relative strengths of our schools, just saying that the PG position looks to be okay, and the team is well focused on the coming season. I think it is going to be a good year for basketball in the state of Indiana.

:cool:.

Wow, Boilies working hard in the off season. That Painter guy is a genius...other coaches should follow his lead.

We really do appreciate these insightful views into what is happening with Boilie sports. Come back every day.

Wow, Boilies working hard in the off season. That Painter guy is a genius...other coaches should follow his lead.

We really do appreciate these insightful views into what is happening with Boilie sports. Come back every day.

Pork Chop is no better than Tommy. At least Tommy gets some decent talent. Here's the rub: IU fans recognize mediocrity; cow tippers bathe in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT