ADVERTISEMENT

sWANNIGAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything I've seen from Albert is not all that impressive. He dominated 6'4 white centers in HS, is very lazy as evidenced by his frumpy build and, most disturbing, his handlers. No way would I want any kid that committed and de-committed in the span of a week. Horrible.

Bryant is much better and has much higher character

Yeah he's lazy because he turned himself from a 350+ pound kid his freshman year to 265 now. Working his butt off to lose all of that weight reeks of laziness.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Yeah he's lazy because he turned himself from a 350+ pound kid his freshman year to 265 now. Working his butt off to lose all of that weight reeks of laziness.

How did Albert get to 350 in the first place? Lifting weights and eating fish? The kid is still out of shape at 265. He has woman hips, no muscle tone and no stamina. Face it, he beat up on a bunch of 6'4 white kids at Homestead

How did Albert get to 350 in the first place? Lifting weights and eating fish? The kid is still out of shape at 265. He has woman hips, no muscle tone and no stamina. Face it, he beat up on a bunch of 6'4 white kids at Homestead
Why do you feel a need to bash a 18 year old kid that you have never seen play a game of college basketball. Most kids will get in shape and get a lot stronger once they get to the school in the summer and actually have strength coaches working with them.

Just trying to provide perspective to the Turdue bozos that think he's this incredible second coming. The fact remains he is Porkchop's only 5 star recruit which is highly questionable - not to mention the dubious path he took there. If they want to pom pom him - do it on the turdue board. Had this thread been about Bryant on the Turdue board, Hellen and her ilk would have taken it down in 5 seconds.

Just trying to provide perspective to the Turdue bozos that think he's this incredible second coming. The fact remains he is Porkchop's only 5 star recruit which is highly questionable - not to mention the dubious path he took there. If they want to pom pom him - do it on the turdue board. Had this thread been about Bryant on the Turdue board, Hellen and her ilk would have taken it down in 5 seconds.

It's a thread about one of our players on your board that was started by one of your posters. We're allowed to comment on it obviously. I'm curious on something though: Do you think Bryant is exponentially better than Swanigan?

Reactions: Boilermaker03
It's a thread about one of our players on your board that was started by one of your posters. We're allowed to comment on it obviously. I'm curious on something though: Do you think Bryant is exponentially better than Swanigan?

I don't know how you define or measure exponentially better. Let's just say I am quite confident IU got the much better player of the 2

Why not see how he does in college before judging him and to me it is pretty childish to rip on a 18 old kid who has not been in any kind of trouble and just making fun of how he looks.

Why not see how he does in college before judging him and to me it is pretty childish to rip on a 18 old kid who has not been in any kind of trouble and just making fun of how he looks.

childish? if there was a 'childish' standard on these message boards, they would be non-existant

I am assuming you are a grown man and making fun of a 18 year old kid seems a little childish for an adult.
You might be assuming too much here. I've seen IBF's work before. Me thinks you cast pearls...

:cool:

I would take Swannigan, RIGHT NOW, at Indiana. he is going to be a 3 year force to be reckoned with. The kid can play basketball. And I want PUke to lose every game.

Reactions: sluggo69
Caleb is a quality player. An excellent NCAA D1 strength and conditioning coach can take a kid with bulk and turn it into an advantage in a hurry. He will be a very very good player for the Boilers, maybe great. The people who rank these guys had Swanigan at 9 and Bryant at 25 (IIRC). That's not a lot of difference and future success will be heavily influenced by the systems they play in and the number of years they play in college. TB will be good for us as well but I will say it's way too early to tell who will be better.

Many Boiler fans have touted Swanigan, Hammons and Haas and rightfully so. They have also downplayed the importance of a playmaker at the one. Time will tell here too but I see this as the achilles heal of that team just as defense will be our issue.

What I do know is that it's a travesty that these two programs end up playing each only once in any year, especially with the showcase the Crossroads Classic is. I will enjoy the games and root like hell for my Hoosiers. I'd like nothing better than for the B1G to finish IU 1, PU 2.

You build furnaces. I bet that sucks.

Why is it so hard to believe? Even if he's 6'7 or 6'8, he has a 7'5 wingspan and will still be a really good player.
I 'm with you on CS. He is going to be a solid player this year, and a beast from his soph year on. IU could use him...

Swanigan is a 1 to 2 year player. He reclassified just like Vonleh to fast track to a pro contract. Swanigan should still be a,HS Sr.

Swanigan reclassified to 2015. He is,being guided to a fast track to a pro contract.

Just wanted to bump this after Swanigan ran a 5:41 mile yesterday. I guess his stamina is decent after all.

Just wanted to bump this after Swanigan ran a 5:41 mile yesterday. I guess his stamina is decent after all.
the fact Turdue fans are circle jerking about it is hilarious.

He's a healthy 18 year old being exposed to BT level training. I would hope he could run that. Let's not act like he broke the sound barrier.

the fact Turdue fans are circle jerking about it is hilarious.

He's a healthy 18 year old being exposed to BT level training. I would hope he could run that. Let's not act like he broke the sound barrier.

A sub-6 minute mile for a guy that size is insane.

Well yeah considering the fact that I ran competitively and know what is a good time and what isn't.
A 5:41 mile would be good for last place in a Junior Varsity track meet. What team were you on that considers a 5:41 mile a lights out time?

A 5:41 mile would be good for last place in a Junior Varsity track meet. What team were you on that considers a 5:41 mile a lights out time?
I ran competitively and if I was hauling around his weight I'd be ecstatic with that time. If, repeat IF, because I'm not sure I believe it, but if he did that is impressive. That being said, the mile doesn't mean much in hoops. Starting and stopping, quick bursts work your body completely different than running the mile

I wonder how long it's been since Usain Bolt ran a mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT