ADVERTISEMENT

Surprised no one is discussing the Comey firing.

No Jim, I retired last year at the age of 49. Wanna know how? Because I'm not a fking Trumptard.. Go back to work and serve your masters, slave .. And fk off, you're no longer allowed to speak to me. You failed the "are you too retarded to think" test last Nov.
Hey, good for you. I am happy for you. Not many people get to do that

Until there is a consensus to reduce government - and there isn't one - the amount of tax required is what it takes to pay for the amount of government we have.
Silly man. First, you fight the wars off-budget. Then you unburden the job creators so they'll spread their wealth to everybody. Then the gubment will collect bigly taxes. Beautiful taxes. So many taxes it'll make your head swim.

No that is not true. If I was taxed at 90%, but everyone else is taxes at 95%, I would not like it any more.
A dollar represents purchasing power. A dollar really doesn't serve much purpose other than it gives you an opportunity to trade it in for something more useful. How much/more you can purchase with it totally depends on how many other dollars other people have. Therefore, it is entirely relative.

This fact has eluded many Americans for the past 37 years. That's why most Americans have received tax cuts, yet still find themselves falling behind. It's also one of the main reasons our debts/deficits have increased.

Reactions: RBB89
The only difference between the two of them is that one is a much better public speaker than the other (i.e. Bulls...t Artist). You'd probably have to look at their golf handicaps to come up with a winner in the most competent category.

Fortunately the Donald has surrounded himself with a more competent team than B.O. did: google Susan Rice vs McMasters the current National Security Advisor for details, then go on down the line...

There's no doubt that Barack was a smooth talking, cool dude. There is also no doubt that he had little on his resume' that qualified him for the position of POTUS. One could even come up with a decent argument that "the Donald is more qualified for the position solely based on business background (although that's sketchy too)...

What's new these days is the lefts burning desire to see the "other side" fail even at the expense of the entire country.

I didn't think much of Obama but I always hoped he'd grow into the job and do what's best for all of us. I never wished to see him fail just to be able to say that he did. (and since someone's bound to call me a "racist" because I didn't think much of him, I will tell you that I thought his skin pigmentation was one of his few positive qualities (along with being an exceptional bs artist, as in: good public speaker.).

Quite frankly, I think there's something seriously wrong with people who put their party affiliation ahead of what's best for the country (life long independent here).

The racists always make it easy to identify them by saying "I'm sure you'll call me a racist". Happens every time.

yes, you have hit it on the head. I hate clean air and water. I hate safe schools. I hate healthcare for the needy. I love illegal immigration, drugs, welfare and whatever your stupid rant portends. What a dumbass post. You don't know the first thing about me, what I do, who or what things I donate my time and money to, the amount of time my family works at the food pantry in our local community (1 Saturday a month, how about you?). The amount of money that I contribute to needy causes in our community. The amount of time that I serve on local boards or committees for the betterment of our local society. What the hell do you do besides spew hate and smoke dope?

I disliked Obama with the same vitriol that you hate Trump, and yet would never tell you that you should die. And I am the evil one? Right. Why don't you grow up, cut the hate out of your life, and you will have a much more fulfilling sense of purpose in your life. Otherwise STFU.
The difference is you hated OBama for no reason. President OBama Treated people with respect and didn't make a fool of himself and the US internationally. Trump treats no one but Putin with respect. We disagreed with Bush, Romney, Bush senior, but they weren't total idiots like Trump and they genuinely cared about the country. Trump cares about no one but himself and Ivanka and getting more money. He treats no one except Putin with respect. Again, you cannot compare the two. There is no precedence for what is happening in the WH right now. It's a clown show, headed by the biggest clown ever in the Oval Office. Who could have predicted a bullying, narcissistic reality star would have troubles?

The only difference between the two of them is that one is a much better public speaker than the other (i.e. Bulls...t Artist). You'd probably have to look at their golf handicaps to come up with a winner in the most competent category.

Fortunately the Donald has surrounded himself with a more competent team than B.O. did: google Susan Rice vs McMasters the current National Security Advisor for details, then go on down the line...

There's no doubt that Barack was a smooth talking, cool dude. There is also no doubt that he had little on his resume' that qualified him for the position of POTUS. One could even come up with a decent argument that "the Donald is more qualified for the position solely based on business background (although that's sketchy too)...

What's new these days is the lefts burning desire to see the "other side" fail even at the expense of the entire country.

I didn't think much of Obama but I always hoped he'd grow into the job and do what's best for all of us. I never wished to see him fail just to be able to say that he did. (and since someone's bound to call me a "racist" because I didn't think much of him, I will tell you that I thought his skin pigmentation was one of his few positive qualities (along with being an exceptional bs artist, as in: good public speaker.).

Quite frankly, I think there's something seriously wrong with people who put their party affiliation ahead of what's best for the country (life long independent here).
Oh my. Can't even begin on this one. I'll leave it for others . But I will say this, please speak to the large majority of the GOP now who are turning a blind eye to Trump trying to obstruct the investigation.

I'm enjoying the conservatives, some of them anyway, bend over backwards to defend this indefensible buffoon. It truly is fun. Top of the list of excuses is "....but Hillary!!!" (She was a terrible candidate...yadda yadda yadda...)

Today on Twitter t basically blackmails/threatens Comey with threats of taped conversations, or tries to anyway. He's terrified Comey will open his mouth now. Russia trolls the whitehouse by posting photos of their meeting yesterday. Every hour something new. What's next??

Reactions: Zizkov
The difference is you hated OBama for no reason. President OBama Treated people with respect and didn't make a fool of himself and the US internationally. Trump treats no one but Putin with respect. We disagreed with Bush, Romney, Bush senior, but they weren't total idiots like Trump and they genuinely cared about the country. Trump cares about no one but himself and Ivanka and getting more money. He treats no one except Putin with respect. Again, you cannot compare the two. There is no precedence for what is happening in the WH right now. It's a clown show, headed by the biggest clown ever in the Oval Office. Who could have predicted a bullying, narcissistic reality star would have troubles?

"Who knew??!?" Haha

First off, I never said I hated Obama. IMO, that is not a word to throw around lightly. And can you tell me, for sure, that I had no reason, for disliking Obama. I would be really curious as to why you think I have no reason, and what those reasons may have not been.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
First off, I never said I hated Obama. IMO, that is not a word to throw around lightly. And can you tell me, for sure, that I had no reason, for disliking Obama. I would be really curious as to why you think I have no reason, and what those reasons may have not been.
You said this: "I disliked Obama with the same vitriol that you hate Trump." So getting all high and mighty about the word hate rings a little hollow.

First off, I never said I hated Obama. IM, that is not a word to throw around lightly. And can you tell me, for sure, that I had no reason, for disliking Obama. I would be really curious as to why you think I have no reason, and what those reasons may have not been.
As I said, you may have disagreed with his policies , but he did not go out of his way to mock you, as Trump had with women, minorities, disabled etc. He's made it personal, which is why women are the ones leading the pushback. I'll be at a townhall tomorrow, as a matter of fact.

I think we should invite this guy to the board to liven up the conversation:

Silly man. First, you fight the wars off-budget. Then you unburden the job creators so they'll spread their wealth to everybody. Then the gubment will collect bigly taxes. Beautiful taxes. So many taxes it'll make your head swim.

*snicker*

As I said, you may have disagreed with his policies , but he did not go out of his way to mock you, as Trump had with women, minorities, disabled etc. He's made it personal, which is why women are the ones leading the pushback. I'll be at a townhall tomorrow, as a matter of fact.
No, but he went out of his way to turn the industry in which I work upside down, with new DOL regulations that he didn't even present to congress, just shoved it through with his executive pen. I sent a letter to every congressman and senator from Indiana. Even senator Joe Donnelly sent a letter back to me, albeit a form letter, stating his vote against Obama's new DOL regulations. So yes, that regulation, in which virtually everyone in my field is against, could change my livelihood significantly. So yes, I do have a reason.

No, but he went out of his way to turn the industry in which I work upside down, with new DOL regulations that he didn't even present to congress, just shoved it through with his executive pen. I sent a letter to every congressman and senator from Indiana. Even senator Joe Donnelly sent a letter back to me, albeit a form letter, stating his vote against Obama's new DOL regulations. So yes, that regulation, in which virtually everyone in my field is against, could change my livelihood significantly. So yes, I do have a reason.
Need detail. Which particular regulations are you bitching about?

The DOL regulations wrt fiduciaries. It is the one the new administration has postponed or delayed a couple of times.
http://www.investopedia.com/updates/dol-fiduciary-rule/
On the surface, one would ask what the problem is. But once again, there are unintended consequences. I will give you one example:

Let's say you own a company that has 50 employees, and you have a 401k for your employees. And let's say I am the advisor on that plan, that helps you as owner, makes sure your plan in in compliance, and makes sure you have proper investment choices, etc. And let's say, in the past, I have come out twice a year to meet with your employees, offering them advice, education, etc as part of my service.

Then, let's say, that after 30 years working with you, Joe, your top guy, wants to retire, and he has 1,000,000 in the 401k. He has worked with me for the last 25 years. I have helped him with various financial matters, including education, maybe worked with an attorney in creating an estate plan, maybe helped him with some life insurance, and he wants to roll his 401k to an IRA with me at my firm. Guess what, he can't. That constitutes a conflict of interest under the new guidelines. There are many equally silly rules that I don't have time to get into, but there are many that are leaving us shaking our heads.

On the surface, one would ask what the problem is. But once again, there are unintended consequences. I will give you one example:

Let's say you own a company that has 50 employees, and you have a 401k for your employees. And let's say I am the advisor on that plan, that helps you as owner, makes sure your plan in in compliance, and makes sure you have proper investment choices, etc. And let's say, in the past, I have come out twice a year to meet with your employees, offering them advice, education, etc as part of my service.

Then, let's say, that after 30 years working with you, Joe, your top guy, wants to retire, and he has 1,000,000 in the 401k. He has worked with me for the last 25 years. I have helped him with various financial matters, including education, maybe worked with an attorney in creating an estate plan, maybe helped him with some life insurance, and he wants to roll his 401k to an IRA with me at my firm. Guess what, he can't. That constitutes a conflict of interest under the new guidelines. There are many equally silly rules that I don't have time to get into, but there are many that are leaving us shaking our heads.
Well, without getting into the rule itself, I'll just remind you it is inaccurate to characterize this as some sort of executive order, which you implied. It followed the standard rulemaking procedure. It's also a red herring to complain that Congress wasn't consulted. Rulemaking bodies interpret laws. They do not preclear their interpretations with Congress. That would defeat the whole purpose of having rulemaking bodies.

So if you don't like the rule, whatever, but don't be mistaken about the process. It was done the way these things are supposed to be dine.

Reactions: HoosierPeach

I will give you one more quick example. Merrill Lynch is no longer allowing commission based IRA accounts. They must all be fee based. On the surface, not terrible, but once again, things come up. Merrill is no longer accepting IRA's less than $250,000. They are no longer accepting any commission based IRA's. Who is that hurting? All the little guys, who now will not be able to get financial advice. Will Bill Gates, and evidently TMP be able to receive advice? Sure, they have money. What about the school teacher that retires with $200,000 in her 403b account, and really needs to put together a plan to manage SS, pension, 401b, ASA, VEBA, etc? Nope, won't qualify. Too bad for her.

Stop trying to keep your ill-gotten gains, you filthy capitalist pig!!

Reactions: 76-1
Well, without getting into the rule itself, I'll just remind you it is inaccurate to characterize this as some sort of executive order, which you implied. It followed the standard rulemaking procedure. It's also a red herring to complain that Congress wasn't consulted. Rulemaking bodies interpret laws. They do not preclear their interpretations with Congress. That would defeat the whole purpose of having rulemaking bodies.

So if you don't like the rule, whatever, but don't be mistaken about the process. It was done the way these things are supposed to be dine.
Make no mistake, it is Obama's rule, and he forced it.

Five years later, the financial industry was put on notice in 2015 that the landscape was going to change. A major overhaul was proposed by President Obama on February 23, 2015. "Today, I'm calling on the Department of Labor to update the rules and requirements that retirement advisors put the best interests of their clients above their own financial interests," the president said. "It's a very simple principle: You want to give financial advice, you've got to put your client's interests first."

Read more: DOL Fiduciary Rule Explained as of April 18, 2017 | Investopedia http://www.investopedia.com/updates/dol-fiduciary-rule/#ixzz4gtxW045S
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

Make no mistake, it is Obama's rule, and he forced it.

Five years later, the financial industry was put on notice in 2015 that the landscape was going to change. A major overhaul was proposed by President Obama on February 23, 2015. "Today, I'm calling on the Department of Labor to update the rules and requirements that retirement advisors put the best interests of their clients above their own financial interests," the president said. "It's a very simple principle: You want to give financial advice, you've got to put your client's interests first."

Read more: DOL Fiduciary Rule Explained as of April 18, 2017 | Investopedia http://www.investopedia.com/updates/dol-fiduciary-rule/#ixzz4gtxW045S
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook
DOL went through notice and comment. That's how these things are done. Regardless of Obama's endorsement, you mischaracterized how it was implemented, and unfairly complained about a lack of something that isn't supposed to be part of the process, anyway.

DOL went through notice and comment. That's how these things are done. Regardless of Obama's endorsement, you mischaracterized how it was implemented, and unfairly complained about a lack of something that isn't supposed to be part of the process, anyway.
Fine. I still assign it to Obama. He wanted it, he got it, and it sucks.

Fine. I still assign it to Obama. He wanted it, he got it, and it sucks.
I don't care if you blame him. I care about you mischaracterizing how it happened. When you act like people you disagree with always do things in a shady manner, that's how you end up saying that calling Hillary the Devil is only "a little" hyperbolic.

You might be right about the rule itself, but when it comes to judging politicians, you are a partisan hack. No objectivity whatsoever.

I don't care if you blame him. I care about you mischaracterizing how it happened. When you act like people you disagree with always do things in a shady manner, that's how you end up saying that calling Hillary the Devil is only "a little" hyperbolic.

You might be right about the rule itself, but when it comes to judging politicians, you are a partisan hack. No objectivity whatsoever.
Yes, I probably am a partisan hack, as are you, and probably 80% of the voting population. Compared to the things Trump is call on the cooler by your crew, calling Hillary "the Devil" is very small potatoes. I am also sure while I did say that, you didn't take it literal.
Now, go on The cooler, and tell me all of the derogatory names that are called of our sitting President, and tell me that they are not only serious, but believe it with every fiber of their body. That is fine, each to their own. But don't berate me because I jokingly call Hillary the Devil.

Reactions: 76-1
Yes, I probably am a partisan hack, as are you, and probably 80% of the voting population. Compared to the things Trump is call on the cooler by your crew, calling Hillary "the Devil" is very small potatoes. I am also sure while I did say that, you didn't take it literal.
Now, go on The cooler, and tell me all of the derogatory names that are called of our sitting President, and tell me that they are not only serious, but believe it with every fiber of their body. That is fine, each to their own. But don't berate me because I jokingly call Hillary the Devil.

You forgot to include racist....

STFU Jim. You're an idiot. You voted for Trump. Go pound sand.
Yep, sure did. And you must have voted for the loser. Nice job, Joe. I always knew that you didn't have much working upstairs. Thanks for showing us that every day.

Reactions: Lucy01
Yep, sure did. And you must have voted for the loser. Nice job, Joe. I always knew that you didn't have much working upstairs. Thanks for showing us that every day.

Again, STFU Jim. You're an asshat. Interesting you complain about a law that requires you to do what is best for your client. Nice work. Maybe you need to up the number of times you volunteer at the food bank.

Ha. The Cooler is still wasting plenty of energy saying terrible things about Clinton and Obama, too.

Again, STFU Jim. You're an asshat. Interesting you complain about a law that requires you to do what is best for your client. Nice work. Maybe you need to up the number of times you volunteer at the food bank.
Joe, seriously dude, you are in over your head. Do even know how to spell fiduciary, let alone have any idea what it means? Go get your crayons and enjoy the nice weather we are having.

Reactions: Lucy01
Joe, seriously dude, you are in over your head. Do even know how to spell fiduciary, let alone have any idea what it means? Go get your crayons and enjoy the nice weather we are having.

Jim, I live in Arizona. Smart enough not to freeze my ass off most of the year. Glad you finally have decent weather. Now go back to screwing your clients.

Jim, I live in Arizona. Smart enough not to freeze my ass off most of the year. Glad you finally have decent weather. Now go back to screwing your clients.
Haha. I don't. Just like most professions, ours has the small percentage of crooks too. I am pretty sure that my clients know that I have their best interest in mind. You don't stay in this profession for 25 years just ripping people off. Doesn't work.

Haha. I don't. Just like most professions, ours has the small percentage of crooks too. I am pretty sure that my clients know that I have their best interest in mind. You don't stay in this profession for 25 years just ripping people off. Doesn't work.

OK...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT