ADVERTISEMENT

Surprised no one is discussing the Comey firing.

President Smith: So FBI guy - what's up with Jones investigation?

FBI Guy: Well, we did this, this and this, Saw that, that and that.

President Smith: Any findings yet?

FBI Guy: Not really.

President Smith: Think there will be an indictment?

FBI Guy: Hard to say.

President Smith: Think its time to shut it down?

THE LOYAL NAIVE MASSES: OMG! OMG! OMG! The President tried to stop an investigation!!!!!

How do you get the weak-ass question "Think it's time to shut this down?" from the actual, verbatim request/demand (as reported by Comey)

"I hope you can let this go", delivered after he had demanded that everyone else (including Flynn) leave the room.

That's some big-league spin by you, right there.

Last edited:
How do you get the weak-ass question "Think it's time to shut this down?" from the actual, verbatim request/demand (as reported by Comey)

"I hope you can let this go"

Rant in 3-2-1 .... BOOM:

Do you trust Comey? Really?

I don't trust either of them to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

To me, Comey politicized the FBI probe of the Clinton server/e-mails by implying an "intent" requirement that Congress never put in the law - made himself a 1 man judge/jury. Shoulda been fired immediately. But because of politics - he wasn't. Anybody thinks there were no backroom or tarmac deals going on needs to see me - I got a bridge for sale.

He then doubled-down on his self-importance by "re-opening" the inquiry.

Then cried "poor me" over the suggestion that he might have "impacted the election."

Comey is just another political hack swaying with the prevailing wind.

I can easily envision MANY different scenarios under which a President and an FBI director could discuss an on-going matter with out any laws getting broken.

And that's usually how I evaluate all this crap - take out the word "Trump" and ask "do I want a President - any President - to do Allegation XYZ?"

Is it possible for A president and A director of the FBI (no names) to discuss closing an investigation without any obstruction of justice occurring? Of course.

If it depends on the "spin" one puts on it, you need to ask why you object to MY spin, but swallow Comey's hook, line and sinker.... because its Trump.

Which spin is the truth?
We may get to "go to the tapes" to find out.

What did Trump mean with his tweet?
Was it "you better not have taped the President surreptitously" or was it "I have tapes - you better not lie about what we said"?
Either could apply.
Which did you swallow?

If it was some other President not named Trump, would you have a different view?

Same with giving intel to the Russians.

If a Lincoln can take away property and suspend habeus corpus using his undefined "war powers," and an LBJ can commit troops under the Tonkin Gulf Resolution, could a Kennedy, or a Clinton, or even an Obama share intel to help fight ISIS? Maybe, Maybe not. No declared war. How does A president use war powers without a nation against whom we have declared war? (The only guy even talking about THAT issue is Rand Paul. He's also the only guy talking about how the war on drugs and mandatory sentencing is racist, but since he admitted to understanding that one might fight racism without ordering a business to take/not take actions, he was deemed racist by the brilliant. Me? I see lefty potheads criticizing Rand Paul over smoking a bong named Buddha in college. THAT hypocrisy is what passes for political thought these days.)

Lots of issues to address.

But I'm not falling prostrate just because a President named Trump did something that I don't even fully know what yet, much less why.

What if you learned that Israel secretly wanted certain info delivered to the Russians? Is that even POSSIBLE? Sure it is. We cut deals with Stalin for God's sake. ANYTHING is possible in international relations. But what IF THAT was true, and it helped kill 1,000 of those pricks? Would you still pull out your hair screaming TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!!!

I'm not saying it HAPPENED. I am saying stranger things have happened.

sigh

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

"I hope you can let this go", delivered after he had demanded that everyone else (including Flynn) leave the room.

Short answer - I paraphrased it. Imagined how the conversation might go and eyeballed 'er into print.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT