ADVERTISEMENT

Stop with Villanova comparison

victorbear

All-Big Ten
Sep 28, 2005
Ok since we aren’t going to get 5 star talent some are saying they’d rather have a program like Villanova. FYI the 2016 Villanova champs team has 5 players in the NBA now. How many NBA players are on our current roster? 1

Reactions: fpeaugh
Ya, and their most talented part of that group were in college for 3 years, not one. What is your point? How many championships have Kentucky and Duke won in the last 10 years between them, again? Glue guys are how you build a championship program. Why do you have no patience with the roster remake? Which player has more natural talent: Devonte or Rob? Who would you rather build a program around?

Ok since we aren’t going to get 5 star talent some are saying they’d rather have a program like Villanova. FYI the 2016 Villanova champs team has 5 players in the NBA now. How many NBA players are on our current roster? 1

Ya, and their most talented part of that group were in college for 3 years, not one. What is your point? How many championships have Kentucky and Duke won in the last 10 years between them, again? Glue guys are how you build a championship program. Why do you have no patience with the roster remake? Which player has more natural talent: Devonte or Rob? Who would you rather build a program around?
My point is our poor recruiting you need NBA level talent. TJD is our only player.

You mean glue guys like the 5 glue guys from Dukes 2015 team that are in NBA now

Others have plenty of NBA potential, and TJD is nowhere near ready for the NBA. My point is: How much NBA talent did we have when Archie took over? Morgan and? You have to walk before you can run. Let him build a program. The Sophomore and Freshmen classes are both solid. Bringing in 3 3-4 year players who hustle and do things the right way seems good to me. Don't forget every year we have had a scholorship available he has brought in a grad transfer big (he tried for Bordeaux (sp?) before Fitz, if you remember). He didn't throw the last scholorship at someone just to get a body for next year, after missing on a few high level recruits to programs like UNC. I would MUCH rather save that schollie for 2021 than waste it on a 4 year player next year who isn't going to really help. 2021 in Indiana is loaded with talent. So, why the negativity on getting 3 program builders?

My point is our poor recruiting you need NBA level talent. TJD is our only player.

Others have plenty of NBA potential, and TJD is nowhere near ready for the NBA. My point is: How much NBA talent did we have when Archie took over? Morgan and? You have to walk before you can run. Let him build a program. The Sophomore and Freshmen classes are both solid. Bringing in 3 3-4 year players who hustle and do things the right way seems good to me. Don't forget every year we have had a scholorship available he has brought in a grad transfer big (he tried for Bordeaux (sp?) before Fitz, if you remember). He didn't throw the last scholorship at someone just to get a body for next year, after missing on a few high level recruits to programs like UNC. I would MUCH rather save that schollie for 2021 than waste it on a 4 year player next year who isn't going to really help. 2021 in Indiana is loaded with talent. So, why the negativity on getting 3 program builders?
You’re telling me Leal and Galloway will b drafted????

Reactions: fpeaugh
You’re a Kentucky fan so get lost...

Lmao.

Let's now compare Archie Miller's recruiting to Tony Bennett who has been at Virginia for going on 11 years. If that's not idiotic. Hahahahaha.

And then to call me a Kentucky fan. I can tell that I've now won!

Lmao.

Let's now compare Archie Miller's recruiting to Tony Bennett who has been at Virginia for going on 11 years. If that's not idiotic. Hahahahaha.

Ever heard of I don’t know Klay Thompson! How bout Ma
Lmao.

You’re an idiot ever heard of Klay Thompson and Malcolm Brogdon, both Bennett recruits one at Washington State, you know nothing.

How many NBA players were on Jay Wright's team in his 3rd season? at Villanova?

Desperate people resort to desperate tactics. Notice none of them point out how eerily similar Archie’s start is to John Groce’s.

Ever heard of I don’t know Klay Thompson! How bout Ma

You’re an idiot ever heard of Klay Thompson and Malcolm Brogdon, both Bennett recruits one at Washington State, you know nothing.

He recruited Klay yes, but only coached him I believe his freshmen year.

Brogdan was a four year guy that was a second round pick.

Bennett has been a head coach for 14 years at the power 5 level. Archie has been one going on 3. But let's keep comparing like it's apples to apples.

UK and Duke combined make up 0.5% of D1 basketball programs.

They’ve combined to win over 27% of NCAA titles since 2010.

Percentages and odds aren’t your strengths are they?

Bennett has been a head coach for 14 years at the power 5 level. Archie has been one going on 3. But let's keep comparing like it's apples to apples.
Ok who was in Bennett’s recruiting classes for his 4th year incoming freshman

Brogdan and Justin Anderson both NBA guards were on Bennett’s 2012-2013 team. What NBA guards do we have or have coming next year?

Desperate people resort to desperate tactics. Notice none of them point out how eerily similar Archie’s start is to John Groce’s.
Exactly correct so far it’s more like Groce than Jay Wright or Bennett, jeez Groce won more games than Archie his 1st 2 years at Illinois

I have no idea.

Your the one that keeps bringing up Virginia, Villinova, Butler, Purdue or any other school that you can to make Archie and IU look bad.

You called me a Kentucky fam, yet your the one badmouthing the program every turn you can. You have yet to say anything positive about the program. We win on Saturday, it's because Ohio State has internal issues, not because we locked them down and played as a team. You couldn't even admit that, other then the latter stretch of the first half, we played pretty decent ball. You have to come on here and try and tear the program down.

Your a phony and everyone knows it.

Reactions: MrBing
Exactly correct so far it’s more like Groce than Jay Wright or Bennett, jeez Groce won more games than Archie his 1st 2 years at Illinois
Archie needs to win out and win a game in the NCAA tournament just to match what Groce did his first 3 years.

Well then explain how impactful the 3 Jiminez's will be next year, how they will allow us to change what we do? That is role player recruiting, if the IN Mr. BBall is not from Lafayette or Ft. Wayne, we should be getting them or it is bad recruiting. Add to that, I'd almost bet my paycheck the full inconsistency of this team will be on full display against Rutgers … Rutgers. Not sold this team has turned the corner against 1 team that's been playing like shit lately. And to answer your final question, preferably NEITHER!!!!

Last edited:
By this time in their coaching careers Tony Bennett and Jay Wright had multiple future NBA players on their rosters.......just don’t see it yet. Especially at guard position the most important position in college.

Stop. Collaborate. Listen

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT