ADVERTISEMENT

"Sticking to your guns"

VarsityClub47

Freshman
Sep 5, 2009
Fort Wayne, Indiana
It will be interesting to see how many of those who say they will be "done with IU basketball" if Crean stays can maintain that posture. Passion is something you can't just turn off with a switch. "Being done" may mean tearing up or not renewing your season tickets, not watching them on tv(or even checking the score) and/or getting rid of your IU BB stuff among other things. For the purpose of this board and other social media platforms, it would seem to mean going away, i.e. not posting comments or opinions anymore. "Being done" is being done. Saying anything about the program, positive or negative, would betray your stated commitment to complete apathy with regards to IU basketball. We shall see...

It will be interesting to see how many of those who say they will be "done with IU basketball" if Crean stays can maintain that posture. Passion is something you can't just turn off with a switch. "Being done" may mean tearing up or not renewing your season tickets, not watching them on tv(or even checking the score) and/or getting rid of your IU BB stuff among other things. For the purpose of this board and other social media platforms, it would seem to mean going away, i.e. not posting comments or opinions anymore. "Being done" is being done. Saying anything about the program, positive or negative, would betray your stated commitment to complete apathy with regards to IU basketball. We shall see...

As if indifference is better?

First thing I will do is have my BIG package removed from my cable.
And that will happen today or whatever day we find out if he is retained. I dont think for one second that the fans are bluffing. I gurantee this one will absolutely be done.

I don't think it is flipping a switch for most people, for me it's been a slow process over the past 20 years or so of ineptitude. At some point you just say, enough.

Reactions: Cortez88
If the clown is back next year, screw IU. Not one dime is coming from me. And I'm burning all of my IU stuff in the firepit.

I haven't had BTN since early 2013. And I'm a fan. Barely hanging on and only here for a coc
I don't think it is flipping a switch for most people, for me it's been a slow process over the past 20 years or so of ineptitude. At some point you just say, enough.

Well said. It was the Mike Davis years when I would miss games because I did know IU was playing. I haven't kept up on the schedule since.

Reactions: russelltodd
I have only attended 1 game in the last 2 years just for this reason and that ticket was free. It looked like we had turned the corner this year and I was going to start going again and then the dumpster fire started. I think its pretty evident from the last 2 home games how people feel and are willing to do or not do. I have always watched them on TV but if Crean is retained I am willing to forgo it all and not watch. As far as not posting or reading on here, I dont know, that would be tough because I am always entertained by this board even with the trolls. I will hold on to my IU gear but will be donating the Crean and Crimson shirt if I can find it and may not be wearing any of it during basketball season.

I'm already just an IU fan out of habit alone. I will continue to post on this board because I love college basketball and this where I talk about it with others who love the game.

It's like I'm married to an adulterous wife. For un-explainable reasons I won't leave her cheating _$$, but it'll never be the same whether she changes her ways or not. I'll pay her some attention because we live in the same house, but my hearts not in it and my eye wanders.

For the first time since we moved back to Indiana (1990) we will not be buying any tickets from the IU ticket office. If we decide to go to any games, it will be individual games. We take our grown kids and their special people to games every year. We might still go to one as the trip there and dinner is as much fun as the game in some cases.

We won't buy our mini season packages. I am considering taking a redshirt year on the Varsity Club and donations to the university and individual programs. Instead, the University of
Evansville probably needs people in the stands and donations. I have not ties to the university, but I can just give to their general fund.

I found an old Crimson and Crean t-shirt. I put it in the garage for a rag, but I am considering mailing it to the AD's office. I'll tune in to watch a few minutes, but I won't sit and watch 40 minutes of stupid basketball. This all changes if IU makes a change.

I usually get to 5-6 home games a year. Been going to one game with my dad for 10 or so straight years have have took my 7 year old son 3 straight years.

I doubt I go to any next year and just watch on TV and go to IU football games instead.

I will still watch but like this season, I just watch. There is no longer excitement while watching. I used to get nervous that they would lose close game but would expect them to win them. Now I expect that they will find a way to lose games. Now I laugh when they make a turnover because it is expected and usually repeated over and over in the sqme fashion. What will change is that I will probably won't participate in these forums. Reading the same repeat posts about their losing ways and TO Tom has run it course for me. I moved to Texas in the early 80's from Indiana so I don't know what the general feel is surrounding the program outside of internet forums but if it anything like the what I read on the internet, I do not see how they can keep Crean around no matter who they replace him with.

Passion for a University that rewards imperfection should not be allowed All students should get A in all subjects and all employees raises no matter how they perform

Crean and AD an President get rewarded for a 9 year record that basically would be a low C

I am certain 50 plus coaches in US could have done that

Let's just graduate everyone for showing up day 1

Crean has failed with a 9 year attempt. He has made millions. Not a typical 30000 plus salary of most people who many times work harder and longer

Time is up for incompetent AD, Crean, and IU president and apparently board

Even Ky, Ill, Missouri etc etc would not stand for mediocrity at that salary

It's not a flipped switch. We've been feeling this way for a while. It wouldn't be very difficult to not watch next year.

This year, I looked forward to days that IU DIDN'T play, because I felt obligated to watch them when they played. I had absolutely no desire to watch them. I missed a lot of game time by choice. I even missed the first half of one of the Purdue games, and I was completely fine with that. Past years, there's no way in hell that would happen. My schedule used to revolve AROUND IU games.

Writing this makes me even more mad at Fred Glass.

I do not think that it will be interesting at all who or whether some fans on here will stick with IU if Crean stays any longer. I do not schedule my time around IU basketball anymore. I do watch most games if it is broadcast. But with the sound down and blues or jazz playing. If I am napping during a preconference game then do not awaken me if it is not a top 100 team that IU is playing against.

I believe that it will be disappointing, sad, a shame, and a missed opportunity for IU and IU basketball to move forward.

There are so very many issues here. But in keeping my comment short...Glass has been silent since IU's loss to GT in the NIT. That speaks volumes.

But back to your point...I won't ever turn my back on IU. If the stupidity of the administration over the last 2 decades hasn't been enough by now, why would I leave now?

I still believe that a negotiated settlement for Crean to leave is in the works as I text this.

He's not getting fired.

Once that's confirmed I'll be done. I'm just not willing to be a fan of this.

Yup. It's not like most of us woke up last week and decided this brand of basketball sucks. This has been going on for years. It's been a long road of disbelief followed by anger and ending at apathy. I haven't become completely apathetic, but I'm damn near to the point of not even being angry if they keep Clappy McTannerson. Pretty soon I just won't care either way. I'll find something else to do.

Reactions: Cream&Crimson
Passion for a University that rewards imperfection should not be allowed All students should get A in all subjects and all employees raises no matter how they perform

Crean and AD an President get rewarded for a 9 year record that basically would be a low C

I am certain 50 plus coaches in US could have done that

Let's just graduate everyone for showing up day 1

Crean has failed with a 9 year attempt. He has made millions. Not a typical 30000 plus salary of most people who many times work harder and longer

Time is up for incompetent AD, Crean, and IU president and apparently board

Even Ky, Ill, Missouri etc etc would not stand for mediocrity at that salary
You think you missed anyone...lol? Come on...I know youre pissed but throwing everyone out...which will never ever happen...is just pouting. No offense intended but you need to reread that and think.

I usually get to 5-6 home games a year. Been going to one game with my dad for 10 or so straight years have have took my 7 year old son 3 straight years.

I doubt I go to any next year and just watch on TV and go to IU football games instead.
I enjoy going to Bloomington with my son. What I hate to hear and what I will miss is those father-son moments. We still have IU Football, Indy 500, and I can go to more UE games with him.

Don't let IU rob you of time with your dad. Go to another event or another game. I'm considering high school games as an alternative. At least I would see good fundamental basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT