ADVERTISEMENT

'Star Wars'......

The only thing about Finn that I enjoyed and thought was smart to do was he gave a human element to stormtroopers. That's it. In all the movies the stormtroopers are faceless, drone like servants who become major collateral damage.

It was nice to see a perspective from the Stormtrooper.

Ya know Billy Dee is supposedly going to be in future films...please, please, PLEASE don't make Finn his lost son. Keep the family mystery to Ray.

Also there are strong rumors that Hayden Christianson will be making an appearance in future films. Probably for flashbacks but...not sure how I feel about that.

I still think Rey a Skywalker, from Luke but I like the Annikan reincarnation theory especially if Plaugeus is a certain CGI character.

I wouldn't say these are 'spoilers' since we're just guessing.

I think he's the new "Hans"... run from a fight but when up against it, man up. A good man at heart. Sort of their version of Doctor Who.

Watched episode 1 today with jr. I forgot how bad that movie is.

If you eliminate three scenes, the movie is watchable:

1. The scene where they leave Gungan City and dodge sea creatures, even though there are two Jedi in the craft.
  2. The scene during the battle where Jar Jar gets the blaster stuck on his foot and kills four battle droids trying to shake it free. (Really just eliminate any "lucky" kill from the battle.)
  3. The part where Anakin is the accidental hero. I would be quite alright if he acted capable like Rey does in TFA.
I think if the main battle droids weren't more or less cartoons it would improve the prequels.

In EP2 if you get rid of the scene where romp through the fields and the conveyor belt scene it becomes more watchable. Just disastrous movie making.

EP3 works for me, but it just has bad acting in it throughout. Not that 1&2 didn't. There are some weird artistic choices, but all in all it's about equal with Return of the Jedi, which could lose about two or three Ewok scenes, the muppets on Jabba's barge, and how Boba Fett dies.

The only thing about Finn that I enjoyed and thought was smart to do was he gave a human element to stormtroopers. That's it. In all the movies the stormtroopers are faceless, drone like servants who become major collateral damage.

It was nice to see a perspective from the Stormtrooper.

Ya know Billy Dee is supposedly going to be in future films...please, please, PLEASE don't make Finn his lost son. Keep the family mystery to Ray.

Also there are strong rumors that Hayden Christianson will be making an appearance in future films. Probably for flashbacks but...not sure how I feel about that.

I still think Rey a Skywalker, from Luke but I like the Annikan reincarnation theory especially if Plaugeus is a certain CGI character.

I wouldn't say these are 'spoilers' since we're just guessing.

I think Rey is from the Vader lineage . . . .

Note: I read page 1 of thread and skipped to page 4. Will read pages 2+ later at my leisure.

Not a spoiler to anyone who has seen the trailer and not really information but conjecture: The obvious answer is that Fin is a descendant of Mace Windu.

I'm not huge on bigger Death Star but it worked. It wasn't super easily destroyed and there was more to it than shoot torpedo down hole

Also the Starkiller doubled as Hoth/Endor and provided a means to 'disable the shields' so the rebel fighters could penetrate.

I watched this and wondered why Lucas couldn't put acting at a similar premium. I was very impressed with the acting.

Reactions: HillzHoozier
Note: I read page 1 of thread and skipped to page 4. Will read pages 2+ later at my leisure.

Not a spoiler to anyone who has seen the trailer and not really information but conjecture: The obvious answer is that Fin is a descendant of Mace Windu.

Also the Starkiller doubled as Hoth/Endor and provided a means to 'disable the shields' so the rebel fighters could penetrate.

I watched this and wondered why Lucas couldn't put acting at a similar premium. I was very impressed with the acting.

TMD:DR

Reactions: Moops
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT