ADVERTISEMENT

Speaker MAGA Mike quote:

UTFO

Hall of Famer
Feb 2, 2004
“I don’t believe there are any coincidences in matters like this. I believe that scripture, the Bible, is very clear that God is the one that raises up those in authority.”

Unless it's Pol Pot.

Or Stalin.

Or a whole shit ton of people.

Be very, very wary of those who impose their spiritual beliefs on the rest of us. Even if you believe in some of what he does, he is willing to assume you believe everything he does.

Because why wouldn't he? God's on his side.

“I don’t believe there are any coincidences in matters like this. I believe that scripture, the Bible, is very clear that God is the one that raises up those in authority.”

Unless it's Pol Pot.

Or Stalin.

Be very, very wary of those who impose their spiritual beliefs on the rest of us. Even if you believe in some of what he does, he is willing to assume you believe everything he does.

No two of the following three things should be allowed to operate together at the same time or bad things happen: religion, politics, money.

Unless it's Pol Pot.

Or Stalin.

It must be an honest failing of his personal faith that he refuses to accept God raised Joe Biden to president in 2020.

Unless it's Pol Pot.

Or Stalin.

I think Johnson could turn out to be a double-edged sword for MAGA world. He is staunchly anti-abortion, and has sponsored 3 seperate bills to support a nationwide ban. If there is a single overriding issue that could decide the 2024 election, esp the House it is GOP inability to successfully confront the abortion dilemma.Going to be hard to try and advocate a "reasonable position" when the Head of your party is an outspoken proponent of a Nationwide ban? That will certainly fly in the "burbs...

Fearless predicition...
There is probably no single issue more unpopular than a nationwide ban and it will cost the GOP the House...

While Johnson was just a lowly Congressman with no public profile, all of the soundbites of him stating his position were inconsequential. But now when he has become the face of what another GOP controlled House will look like, you can bet that every Dem candidate in a competitive battleground district will run a constant barrage of campaign ads showing Johnson's extreme position on abortion, and tying his/her GOP opponent to that position.

That's of course in addition to all of his Big Lie election subversion and outspoken anti-LGBTQ+ positions...

But here's the double edge aspect and that is that while he's ultra MAGA, that's still not enough for the extreme Ultra MAGA. He's already been attacked by both Laura Loomer and Matt Walsh with Walsh saying he's at fault for falling for BLM and the Left's "racial narrative"...

And looney Loomer referred to him as an "advocate of CRT". Of course for Loomer just acknowleding that his adopted Black son had a harder time than his white son will have due to systemic racism meets her wacko definition of CRT. Pretty sure most normal folks would just accept it as a reality of life in the US.

Does anyone actually believe that his Black son would have it easier? I guess Laura does...

All I know is this guy after he was elected prayed to the Lord Jesus Christ that they could make a good outcome. And did so with several others. I'm good with that.

To see a dem take a knee reminds me of Pelosi and her gang bowing with scarfs without a clue who they were praying too. That was all bs.

I think Johnson could turn out to be a double-edged sword for MAGA world. He is staunchly anti-abortion, and has sponsored 3 seperate bills to support a nationwide ban. If there is a single overriding issue that could decide the 2024 election, esp the House it is GOP inability to successfully confront the abortion dilemma.Going to be hard to try and advocate a "reasonable position" when the Head of your party is an outspoken proponent of a Nationwide ban? That will certainly fly in the "burbs...

Fearless predicition...
There is probably no single issue more unpopular than a nationwide ban and it will cost the GOP the House...

While Johnson was just a lowly Congressman with no public profile, all of the soundbites of him stating his position were inconsequential. But now when he has become the face of what another GOP controlled House will look like, you can bet that every Dem candidate in a competitive battleground district will run a constant barrage of campaign ads showing Johnson's extreme position on abortion, and tying his/her GOP opponent to that position.

That's of course in addition to all of his Big Lie election subversion and outspoken anti-LGBTQ+ positions...

But here's the double edge aspect and that is that while he's ultra MAGA, that's still not enough for the extreme Ultra MAGA. He's already been attacked by both Laura Loomer and Matt Walsh with Walsh saying he's at fault for falling for BLM and the Left's "racial narrative"...

And looney Loomer referred to him as an "advocate of CRT". Of course for Loomer just acknowleding that his adopted Black son had a harder time than his white son will have due to systemic racism meets her wacko definition of CRT. Pretty sure most normal folks would just accept it as a reality of life in the US.

Does anyone actually believe that his Black son would have it easier? I guess Laura does...

To extrapolate upon these words of wisdom, women must be inherently lazy because they make less money than men for the same job.

Reactions: UncleMark

Fearless predicition...

The house is determined by a series of local elections not the views of the speaker.

Unless it's Pol Pot.

Or Stalin.

I don't know how that statement can be interpreted as an attempt by Johnson to "impose his spiritual beliefs on the rest of us," and I don't have a problem with an elected official occasionally and briefly referencing his or her faith. What I do find objectionable is the dangerous notion that his (or anyone's) political appointment is/was divinely inspired and/or directed by the hand of God.

I believe that a superior power beyond our comprehension created the universe including our planet. Managing the earthly creation was left to us. Sadly, we're doing a pretty good job of fvcking it up.

The house is determined by a series of local elections not the views of the speaker.
For years Pubs have tried to tie local Dems (sometimes successfully) to Pelosi and or the Squad. Usually that was directed towards their own base, the far right edges who absolutely hated Pelosi. You can se it on this board, and to the despicable reaction of some, iucluding some posters here to the attack on Paul Pelosi...

But that only had limited success because there was never a real salient issue to draw in Independents and forge a coalition.However, Johnson is now the person who will control the House under a GOP majority, and I believe he will become a focal point for numerous Dem candidates to corner their GOP opponents on, regrading abortion and election denialism.

The key is not that he is anti-abortion with some restrictions, but that he favors a nationwide ban. I was right in my analysis of issues like the Kansas anti-abortion ban and it's effects on the 2022 midterms, the signs were there in every post Dobbs special election leading up to Nov 2022.

Nothing has changed on the issue and imho Johnson as speaker will have a more negative effect over the issue than he ever would as an isolated ,insignificant House member running in his own ruby red balliwick. I can see the ads now- "Do you want this man in control of your health care?" and "we can't afford to have this man in control of Congress." Just wait and see... ;)

Mike Johnson seems like a fine person as an individual but hopefully he looks to the constitution for how he legislates but he has avowed the bible as his source. Perhaps we just need clarification on his beliefs?

Reactions: LedZep17

Unless it's Pol Pot.

Or Stalin.

Be afraid, Be very afraid

Mike Johnson seems like a fine person as an individual but hopefully he looks to the constitution for how he legislates but he has avowed the bible as his source. Perhaps we just need clarification on his beliefs?

This is starting to help explain Mike Johnson having a black "son" that he never officially adopted. Republicans should understand this. Like Mike, they love communicating in non-sequiturs.

This is starting to help explain Mike Johnson having a black "son" that he never officially adopted. Republicans should understand this. Like Mike, they love communicating in non-sequiturs.
He was brought into the family when he was 14, so there could be several reasons why he hasn't yet been adopted. I think Johnson is a very devout man but I hopefully he remembers the rest of us may differ from him and he should not push his beliefs down our throats, our founding fathers for the most part would agree with me on this point and hopefully he does as well.

He was brought into the family when he was 14, so there could be several reasons why he hasn't yet been adopted. I think Johnson is a very devout man but I hopefully he remembers the rest of us may differ from him and he should not push his beliefs down our throats, our founding fathers for the most part would agree with me on this point and hopefully he does as well.
I couldn't pass up the TIC comment. Let's be honest, the cat's already out of the bag with Mike.

I laugh when we all split hairs about democracy vs republic headers when we are a nation that operates using both. But Mike Johnson doesn't even want to call us a democracy in any sense. He'd rather us be a Biblical Republic, and he's clearly already shown through his words and actions that elections just get in the way of that.

Unless it's Pol Pot.

Or Stalin.

That's just dumb. "he is willing to assume you believe everything he does." Again dumb. You have no idea what he is willing to assume you believe.

Don't you think an omnipotent God already knows the problems the country faces and the decisions MAGA Mike should make?

So why the praying? To instruct God about something He already knows? No. To talk God into taking action He already knows He should take? No, not that either. Surely it's only to make the praying person feel emotionally better.

And, of course, politically it's important for them to tell the world "I prayed about it." Why tell us? God already knows what you prayed (if you really did).

Remember: every single Republican in the House of Representatives voted to anoint Johnson as Speaker. He is an active election denier to this day, three years after the election, and all of them still voted for him. Intellectual dishonesty like that can't be excused by claiming to have prayed about it,

The other major national figure that pushes his religion has found out that God is not going to make him President.

Maybe he should have prayed better.

Reactions: UncleMark
All I know is this guy after he was elected prayed to the Lord Jesus Christ that they could make a good outcome. And did so with several others. I'm good with that.
Lots of people who were with Trump, meeting with pastors right after the 2016 election, have provided insights on Trumps thoughts on his prayer buddies.

Trump supposedly laughed afterwards and said " do you think that they really believe all that bullshit?"

You fell for an ACT. An ongoing act.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT