ADVERTISEMENT

So, is Democracy still hanging by a thread?

Looks like they voted, particularly in Pennsylvania.
Abortion was the top issue in PA, missed by all of dmb and 777's junk polls. And having abortion on the ballot in MI, led to the Dems capturing both houses of the MI Legislature...

Abortion was the top issue in PA, missed by all of dmb and 777's junk polls. And having abortion on the ballot in MI, led to the Dems capturing both houses of the MI Legislature...

Yeah, if I were @bailey777 I'd be looking for a new "poller" (as he likes to call them). And if he pays to read that guy Baris's bullshit, he should be demanding a refund.

Poor Dmb has been posting stupid polls for months. Looks like he got duped again.

they leaked it early in hopes we would all forget. We did not.
And the initiatives for pro choice have been passing too. I said a long while ago it’s the dog who finally got the car for Republicans. And it looks like it didn’t turn out that well. Young people aren’t going to forget either. Many Dems here even didn’t think it would make much of an impact, and I was starting to worry due to polls. But early on I talked to some group of Catholic conservative friends, and even they were angry. The fact that a couple states listed it higher than inflation as a concern was surprising even for me. And it was important for many men too, with daughters, who don’t want their reproductive rights limited.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and UncleMark
All this and in a midterm election, where dems have notoriously shitty turnout.
They overplayed their hands. Just saw a guy on Newsmax trying to explain the election. “These women just went crazy. “ lol

They overplayed their hands. Just saw a guy on Newsmax trying to explain the election. “These women just went crazy. “ lol
Well they are crazy if they think their vote for congressman or senator is in anyway going to effect abortion rights in their state. But I agree most Democrats don’t look at their voting decisions with that amount of nuance. It’s whatever emotional lever someone has pulled on them recently and then straight ticket D.

It’s why R’s have historically been much more prone to split ticking voting. Generally speaking our thinking is much more nuanced and less influenced by emotion as you see by the interactions on this board.

Reactions: DANC and jet812
FhI3C7taMAMyKnq

FhIoemmVIAAAoNt

FhIp4iAWIAAv-BP

FhJD9XcWYAAm2rj

FhJKEH1XkAA3tAw

Last edited:
Well they are crazy if they think their vote for congressman or senator is in anyway going to effect abortion rights in their state. But I agree most Democrats don’t look at their voting decisions with that amount of nuance. It’s whatever emotional lever someone has pulled on them recently and then straight ticket D.

It’s why R’s have historically been much more prone to split ticking voting. Generally speaking our thinking is much more nuanced and less influenced by emotion as you see by the interactions on this board.
I’m not sure I’ve waded through a bigger pile of bs in my life. Yes those Trumpers are just so very nuanced.

They voted in Florida, too.

Only libs would elect a brain-dead lazy ass so they can abort their children at will.
Are you suggesting libs voted for Hershel Walker and Donald Trump?

Last edited:
Not sure if it is just one random nutjob, but my son says that there is a big reddit group that is blaming the disappointing results on "under 21 Gen-Z'ers". Supposedly the under 21 crowd had a better turnout than usual.

So the obvious solution (according to this group) is to raise the voting age to 21. They base this belief off the fact that the human mind is still developing until age 25, so that is why they mostly vote democratic, since they obviously don't know better before then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT