ADVERTISEMENT

So as I eat the last bite of my crow sandwich..

Hopefully Archie will be working with our guards and their passing.

We won the game... I'm thankful for that... but there were way to many playground fling passes and one armed passes.

There were some good ones that did connect.... but more that didn't and we're picked off or through out of bounds.

Trust and consistency are two major thing's to me in college basketball. .I'm far from saying either about Durham. Or this whole team for that matter. I'll gladly eat crow and publicly sing they're praises.
If they finish the rest of these games with wins. And Al has games like tonight.

Hopefully Archie will be working with our guards and their passing.

We won the game... I'm thankful for that... but there were way to many playground fling passes and one armed passes.

There were some good ones that did connect.... but more that didn't and we're picked off or through out of bounds.

I don't know how much of that will be corrected. Seemed like just a relapse from players Crean recruited. I don't see it being fixed until he's got his guards in here. Hopefully that starts with Phinisee and some other guy I've heard a little about, from down New Albany way I believe. Seems ridiculous to me our senior backcourt players are the worst offenders, but I guess they have the hardest and longest habits to break maybe.

The kids are growing up and this team needs everyone playing to their potential to have any shot of making noise in the conference tourney. Durham has a lot to offer down the stretch if he can secure the ball, take better shots and play D without fouling. If he plays well it takes a lot of pressure off Green, RJ and JN.

I'm trying to maintain a reasonable expectation but things feel more hopeful than they did 2 months ago. Understanding they were roughed up by teams with size and still have bouts of turnovers and poor shooting, I can see them winning a game or two in the tourney if the match ups are right. Anything beyond that... icing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT