ADVERTISEMENT

Just Voted My Arse Off

I have a 15 yr long good friend, relatively conservative type person, but admittedly advertised he was voting D just to get his Student loan forgiven. Hated everything else, but decided " to hell with it, I want my loans forgiven".

The last time I voted where I thought there was really something in it for me was Obama in 2008, and the issue was health care coverage. And I was right -- the ACA was life changing for me and the wife.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
The last time I voted where I thought there was really something in it for me was Obama in 2008, and the issue was health care coverage. And I was right -- the ACA was life changing for me and the wife.
Nothing makes a liberal feel better than living for free off the backs of others . I can see why it was important for you.

Nothing makes a liberal feel better than living for free off the backs of others . I can see why it was important for you.
This seems like an out of line comment. Why do you assume Mark is living for free?

I'll take it a step further. For those that don't work in careers that offer healthcare, such as many small businesses, what would your solution be?

Reactions: UncleMark
This seems like an out of line comment. Why do you assume Mark is living for free?

I'll take it a step further. For those that don't work in careers that offer healthcare, such as many small businesses, what would your solution be?
I will take two steps at a time , it seemed the biggest issue he has voted on for like 20 years so sounds like he wanted something for nothing.

Why does anyone think it is any business big or smalls responsibility to provide healthcare?

I have always been self employed and it sure as hell only cost me more and mark professes to live in a trailer so sounds to me like you are the one out of line. Try again.

I will take two steps at a time , it seemed the biggest issue he has voted on for like 20 years so sounds like he wanted something for nothing.

Why does anyone think it is any business big or smalls responsibility to provide healthcare?

I have always been self employed and it sure as hell only cost me more and mark professes to live in a trailer so sounds to me like you are the one out of line. Try again.
Does not mean Mark is paying nothing. Free wad your word, not mine. Insurance is about pooling risks and I'll bet Mark pays some level of premium.

Agree, businesses should have never been the avenue to healthcare. That is why we need some type of national plan. I realize Obamacare is far from perfect. I've been eagerly awaiting the Republican plan for years. I'm all ears.

• Haha
Does not mean Mark is paying nothing. Free wad your word, not mine. Insurance is about pooling risks and I'll bet Mark pays some level of premium.

Agree, businesses should have never been the avenue to healthcare. That is why we need some type of national plan. I realize Obamacare is far from perfect. I've been eagerly awaiting the Republican plan for years. I'm all ears.
He sure as hell must've been getting something for free out of it. Free can be getting more coverage than what the amount he pays should cover. I know he needs people like you everywhere looking out to protect him. Obama care isnt far from perfect it is a disaster and once implemented makes it 10 times harder to do anything else about it. The absolute worse presidential policy in over 100 yrs but Biden has two left to go and he is running neck and neck with his college plan.

Before the ACA, I was paying close to 40% of my income for health insurance for me and the wife. No, I am not kidding. The ACA cut that by half.

Reactions: BCCHoosier

I don't know what in my post was funny. Was trying to have a legitimate conversation.

I am more fortunate than I deserve to work for a Fortune 50 company that provides good insurance. But I feel strongly that everyone should have access to affordable healthcare. I really do look forward to a Republican option someday.

• Haha
Before the ACA, I was paying close to 40% of my income for health insurance for me and the wife. No, I am not kidding. The ACA cut that by half.
You don't deserve any relief in Cray's world. But like a good Republican I'll bet Cray supports tax cuts for the rich and subsidies for faceless corporations.

• Haha
Guess what, when I got to start paying for yours mine went up over double so go cry a river elsewhere.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
ACA is one of the reasons I still work. Don’t really want to discover that my Plan B premiums are bigger than my terminated pension payout.

I voted at 6:22 am Tuesday. In and out in 10 min. The incumbent party won all the federal races in Indiana.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT