ADVERTISEMENT

Sidney Powell pleads guilty. . and flips

Watch Trump and the Trumpsters turn around and start attacking her. It's a certainty.
That is a certainty. Sadly, the way things are evolving in the Trump era, it's also likely she'll need security for the foreseeable future. Hell, even a Republican House member who didn't vote for Jordan received a death threat yesterday. Hell in a handbasket.

Back to Powell. She was part of Trump's inner circle and knows where the bodies are buried. Her flip is a terrible development for Trump.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ohio Guy
Gym, and now the Kraken...are there enough white sheets for all those surrender flags that are flying this week?
Chesebro will be next. He previously turned down a plea deal but, in light of today's developments, I'm sure his lawyers are again talking with the Fulton County DA's office.

What's "wrong," Einstein? Share your criminal law expertise with us. Oh, wait. You don't have any. Neither does "Techno Fog" or any other idiot you follow on X.

Here's a quick primer on plea deals in complex prosecutions involving multiple defendants. Prosecutors, while focusing on the bigger targets, look to entice other defendants to flip. They do that by offering them a plea to a lesser charge or a lesser included offense with no jail time in exchange for the defendant's agreement to cooperate (and testify) in the prosecution of the remaining defendant(s). That's precisely what happened here. No felonies "vanished on the eve of trial." This is how the criminal courts work.

Fog's other allegations are baseless, and you're laughably uninformed.

Look at the good little sheeples that still have TDS. Hilarious. Your justice system is a clown show. Could be a Buster Keaton Movie.

explode-train.gif

Thanks for voting blue keep up the good work. The CIA, FBI, MSM,DOJ, current politicians all thank you too.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
Look at the good little sheeples that still have TDS. Hilarious. Your justice system is a clown show. Could be a Buster Keaton Movie.

explode-train.gif

Thanks for voting blue keep up the good work. The CIA, FBI, MSM,DOJ, current politicians all thank you too.
Dude, you referenced a Buster Keaton movie, then used the train wreck from BTTF3, instead of this, which is actually from a Buster Keaton movie (The General. 1927)

e7c1b24e0aba188f72aa48aff559f7e8.gif

Sloppy work, wtf.

Dude, you referenced a Buster Keaton movie, then used the train wreck from BTTF3, instead of this, which is actually from a Buster Keaton movie (The General. 1927)

e7c1b24e0aba188f72aa48aff559f7e8.gif

Sloppy work, wtf.
Well hell you busted me. Not as good of a train wreck. I prefer cops btw.

I thought you said you were a lawyer. I'm not, but I've seen enough crime dramas on TV to know this is exactly how these plea bargains work. Ask yourself why someone would plea to the same crimes and punishment they'd be found guilty of and punished for if they know they're guilty.

explode-train.gif

You are defending someone that CONSTANTLY posts polls about him and posts about him. He's one of the biggest TDS people on this board.

At least five people (likely more) pleaded out to get Capone.

Trump and Giuliani aren't just bigger fish, they're also ones who were making threats of people's jobs and freedom. It's one thing for trash like Trump to try and induce someone to violate the law. It's another to threaten them. If he was just some sad, loser whimpering his way to the finish line none of this would be happening. Instead, he's a sad loser who tried to take people down with him.

I thought you said you were a lawyer. I'm not, but I've seen enough crime dramas on TV to know this is exactly how these plea bargains work. Ask yourself why someone would plea to the same crimes and punishment they'd be found guilty of and punished for if they know they're guilty.
You can also analyze this by considering Fani Willis' perspective.

Why would a prosecutor firmly in the public eye herself let a big fish like Powell (charged with seven felonies) off the hook by accepting her guilty pleas to six misdemeanors and agreement to testify against the others? I think Willis gave up a lot, so she must think Powell's testimony is valuable and surely interviewed Powell in detail before accepting the deal.

Personally, I wonder if Powell can be trusted to testify without fudging, but what do I know about it -- after all, they got Sammy the Bull to testify against Gotti, didn't they?

Trump and Giuliani aren't just bigger fish, they're also ones who were making threats of people's jobs and freedom. It's one thing for trash like Trump to try and induce someone to violate the law. It's another to threaten them. If he was just some sad, loser whimpering his way to the finish line none of this would be happening. Instead, he's a sad loser who tried to take people down with him.
I haven't seen much about this yet, but there have been some media discussions as to the extent Powell's testimony in the Georgia case can be used against Trump in the D.C. federal prosecution.

As much as Trump is reported to not pay attention to detail, I'd guess he's going to have to struggle to remember what he said in her presence over the past three years.

Her plea may have something to do with the fact that within the past few days the GBI has "found" the 15,000 missing emails from Misty Hampton, and one of the recipients involved in the back and forth communication included Sidney. They haven't even been turned over for discovery yet, so it's likely Sidney wanted to avoid those being shown at a trial...

In addition today's afternoon edition the GA Recorder reported on the terms of her agreement and the ways she has agreed to cooperate...

"According to the plea agreement, Powell agreed to testify in other election interference trials about the hacking of voting machines and software that occurred in rural south Georgia shortly after the incumbent Republican president lost the state of Georgia by less than 12,000 votes to Democratic President Joe Biden."

I'd say that her testimony on that matter is likely going to encourage other defendants to cop a plea, which leads to more cooperation and testimony. Eventually that will reach up the ladder to the top and uncover who is behind the conspiracy. She may not have knowledge that ties directly to Trump, but as more people start taking deals, the idea that someone who can provide damaging ties involving Trump increases exponentially...

If as your twitter source claims she was overcharged, then why wouldn't she go to trial and let her legal team "beat the rap"?

"Powell has written an apology to the secretary of state’s office and Georgia residents. She will also pay a $6,000 fine as well as $2,700 in restitution to the state. On Aug. 14, a grand jury formally charged Powell with seven felony charges in which the 19 defendants were each charged with violating Georgia’s RICO Act (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act)."

Do innocent people whose prosecution is a "reach" generally provide the prosecution with a recorded proffer interview?

"As part of her plea Powell also provide prosecutors with a recorded proffer interview in which she describes her involvement in the case.

“If she says something inconsistent while testifying, (prosecutors) will be able to use that video to undermine her credibility,” Smith said."

Sounds like a plea from Cheseboro, who now finds himself all alone, could have some major consequences for Trump

"On Wednesday, the New York Times reported that Chesebro acknowledged Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election were based on a political agenda, a revelation that could undercut Chesebro’s claims in the Fulton case that Trump lawyers were only focused on legal advice."

"They hid exculpatory evidence from the grand jury (violating the prosecutor's oath to do justice). And now the felonies vanish on the eve of trial. Totally unjust prosecution."

I think Techno-Fog is lost in the fog...My guess is that Techno's definition of "exculpatory" is about as accurate as Trump's definition of "exonerated" is. I doubt that "exonerated" was a word that Mueller would even begin to contemplate to describe his view of Trump's actions...

"Powell admitted Thursday that she hired forensic computer experts to compromise voting software and other confidential voter information from the Coffee County elections office in early 2021. She also agreed that prosecutors would have proven during trial that Powell, along with several co-conspirators, plotted with Coffee County elections director Misty Hampton to illegally access election machines by tampering with electronic ballot markers, voting software and other equipment."

In the weeks before Powell pleaded guilty, her attorney Bill Rafferty repeatedly argued that she had no direct involvement in setting up the visits to the Coffee elections office."

Reactions: Ohio Guy
"They hid exculpatory evidence from the grand jury (violating the prosecutor's oath to do justice). And now the felonies vanish on the eve of trial. Totally unjust prosecution."

I think Techno-Fog is lost in the fog...My guess is that Techno's definition of "exculpatory" is about as accurate as Trump's definition of "exonerated" is. I doubt that "exonerated" was a word that Mueller would even begin to contemplate to describe his view of Trump's actions...

"Powell admitted Thursday that she hired forensic computer experts to compromise voting software and other confidential voter information from the Coffee County elections office in early 2021. She also agreed that prosecutors would have proven during trial that Powell, along with several co-conspirators, plotted with Coffee County elections director Misty Hampton to illegally access election machines by tampering with electronic ballot markers, voting software and other equipment."

In the weeks before Powell pleaded guilty, her attorney Bill Rafferty repeatedly argued that she had no direct involvement in setting up the visits to the Coffee elections office."
Damn. Do you ever get tired of totally owning people like @Indianaftw and @dbmhoosier ? Because you do it a lot. Like A LOT, a lot.

Damn. Do you ever get tired of totally owning people like @Indianaftw and @dbmhoosier ? Because you do it a lot. Like A LOT, a lot.
I hate to admit it, but I think being able to "own" them is more a function of their inability to provide facts, rather than some super hero power on my part. It's easy to out duel people who live inside a bubble and have no grasp of reality/facts...

Do more dribbling and less posting.

Once again, old tweets show Trump to be a liar

It's just another version of she wasn't his type, he barely knew her, she only got him coffee a few times.

She should have taken one for the team...Cut her loose before she sinks the ship.

It's just another version of she wasn't his type, he barely knew her, she only got him coffee a few times.

She should have taken one for the team...Cut her loose before she sinks the ship.
It's insane how he gets away with this kind of crap.

And by 'gets away with' I mean there are a more than enough MAGA idiots to carry water for him on this.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone in this thread try to explain how Sidney Powell WASN'T working with the Trump and his team to overturn a free and fair US election.

It's insane how he gets away with this kind of crap.

And by 'gets away with' I mean there are a more than enough MAGA idiots to carry water for him on this.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone in this thread try to explain how Sidney Powell WASN'T working with the Trump and his team to overturn a free and fair US election.

It's why Trump spent so many tweets and comments on how everything is fake news.

It's step number 1 in brainwashing people. Make sure they don't believe anything that contradicts you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT