ADVERTISEMENT

SI - Top Priorities for IU Class of 2021

If either Brunk or Durham comes back, do they count as scholarships?
Or are they "free" and we can still fill empty scholarships?

If either Brunk or Durham comes back, do they count as scholarships?
Or are they "free" and we can still fill empty scholarships?

I don't think anyone knows yet since this is a free year eligibility wise.

Likely at the discretion of the AD - they can certainly play but whether they are given a 'ride' is up to the University. Seems unlikely there'll be any 'extra' scholarships than the regular limit but NCAA could always move to adjust that...

I would really like to get Miller. We could use that versatility.

I remember reading or hearing Archie talking about how excited and confident he was for the 2021 recruiting class. The class has been an epic failure. Lost out on so many good players.

Reactions: birdforbogey
I remember reading or hearing Archie talking about how excited and confident he was for the 2021 recruiting class. The class has been an epic failure. Lost out on so many good players.

"Epic"you say? Wet yourself much?

So far Miller has gotten Lander and Duncomb, and while Khristian reclassified to 2020, few expected him to report a year early until he indicated it was under consideration the day he announced. IU is still very much in the hunt for some outstanding recruits and there's quite a bit of time between now and the beginning of practice for next Season. Not clear on why you want to proclaim failure so soon but it sounds like a crisis of faith or maybe you don't like facts getting in the way of your narrative. No idea, could be you're just a whiner.

Promising Season ahead and so many caught up pissing and wailing about next year's Team before it's even materialized. Go figure.

So far Miller has gotten Lander and Duncomb, and while Khristian reclassified to 2020, few expected him to report a year early until he indicated it was under consideration the day he announced. IU is still very much in the hunt for some outstanding recruits and there's quite a bit of time between now and the beginning of practice for next Season. Not clear on why you want to proclaim failure so soon but it sounds like a crisis of faith or maybe you don't like facts getting in the way of your narrative. No idea, could be you're just a whiner.

Promising Season ahead and so many caught up pissing and wailing about next year's Team before it's even materialized. Go figure.

Oh I didn’t realize this was a thread about this season. I thought it was about the 2021 class? Weird. Anyways, since the staff whiffed on Trey Kaufman, Trey Patterson, Bryce Hopkins, Jordan Longino, and stopped recruiting Carter Whitt, Blake Wesley, and who else? To top it off with the unknowns of Miller and Mohammed then yes, what could have been has been an epic failure.

I am looking forward to this year as it seems promising, but again, I was under the assumption that this thread was about next year. So sorry for my mistake and wetting myself.

Oh I didn’t realize this was a thread about this season. I thought it was about the 2021 class? Weird. Anyways, since the staff whiffed on Trey Kaufman, Trey Patterson, Bryce Hopkins, Jordan Longino, and stopped recruiting Carter Whitt, Blake Wesley, and who else? To top it off with the unknowns of Miller and Mohammed then yes, what could have been has been an epic failure.

I am looking forward to this year as it seems promising, but again, I was under the assumption that this thread was about next year. So sorry for my mistake and wetting myself.

Have it on authority that it's 'epic' in either case.

You’re battling the lowered expectations crowd. Another thread ruined by a well known troll. A couple of them have ruined this place and are driving away legitimate posters. Pity.

Fair points. I think it is getting a little late to be combing sand for Jeff Newton, but I see your point.
The bigger issue for 2021 is it galvanizes Painter as the Georgetown of the Big Ten in a way. He is getting good forwards consistently and he is developing them and now the top 50 kids are listening. That is a big problem considering the uniform that says "Indiana" had to go to Ohio to find a replacement for a desperate need for forwards in what was considered a very strong in state class.

Tom Pritchard or otherwise,Indiana needs to sign forwards who can bang in the trenches. More than anything a Max Beilfelt can guard and can pass and be strong for rebounding. Good guards surrounding utility forwards is fine, and by all accounts the kid IU signed will be pretty good before he leaves Bloomington. But we are talking about next year. Archie should remember what it is like guarding 7'3" with 6'7". And next year Indiana simply has no answer for the best frontcourt in the conference in Williams, Furst, and Kaufman.

Basically, he is recruiting forwards like Dayton vs OSU. A flash in the pan and then nothing.

Fair points. I think it is getting a little late to be combing sand for Jeff Newton, but I see your point.
The bigger issue for 2021 is it galvanizes Painter as the Georgetown of the Big Ten in a way. He is getting good forwards consistently and he is developing them and now the top 50 kids are listening. That is a big problem considering the uniform that says "Indiana" had to go to Ohio to find a replacement for a desperate need for forwards in what was considered a very strong in state class.

Tom Pritchard or otherwise,Indiana needs to sign forwards who can bang in the trenches. More than anything a Max Beilfelt can guard and can pass and be strong for rebounding. Good guards surrounding utility forwards is fine, and by all accounts the kid IU signed will be pretty good before he leaves Bloomington. But we are talking about next year. Archie should remember what it is like guarding 7'3" with 6'7". And next year Indiana simply has no answer for the best frontcourt in the conference in Williams, Furst, and Kaufman.

Basically, he is recruiting forwards like Dayton vs OSU. A flash in the pan and then nothing.
“Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future”

*eyeroll*

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT