ADVERTISEMENT

IU is wearing ‘alternate’ uniforms Sunday.

I have never heard of the brand “fear of God”
Seems like you should love your God rather than fear it. Do we want to follow a God that hates? Probably just showing my absence of religious knowledge.

The players and recruits (and students) like this sort of fashion stuff. This is an important group.

Some alumni won’t like it. Who cares, it’s a one-off jersey. The game will go on. Maybe look at it from another perspective (players and recruits).

IU had better care.

I have never heard of the brand “fear of God”
Seems like you should love your God rather than fear it. Do we want to follow a God that hates? Probably just showing my absence of religious knowledge.
It’s only for the pagans

It's a subtle reminder at the subconscious level black lives matter. (BLM)

BTW, exactly where are all those new, fancy BLM custom buses we saw lined up in Portland? Where are those extravagant rigs and who travels in them today?
At your mom’s house.

Really these are awful lmao.
fear-scaled.jpeg

Well..., they've dishonored that RMK patch every other possible way so far this season, so why not slap it on some purdue colors, just to vary the way they can disregard and disrespect the man...

Woody and Dolson really aren't the guys I thought they were...

Last edited:
Never wore NB in my life and haven't worn Levi's since the 80's... You're allowing your assumptions to...

Letting some 2nd rate intern at Adidas to make our uniform decisions ought to be grounds for dismissal in and unto itself...
Fear of god isn’t second rate. At least not to the younger fans. Come on guys….shucks

Purdue fan here so hate on, but I googled this and your page came up. I am a marketing guy and love the history of uniforms, etc. and interned at Adidas in college.

That being said - to give IU some love (it's rare so enjoy) - I feel the IU unis are like the Yankees, Packers, Cowboys, etc. You don't need alternates, just stay classic and keep your brand. As a 50 year old I was also appalled by the Reds City Connect unis but they've grown on me and if you ever go to Reds games, I swear 80% of the kids are wearing these black uniforms. So, it's two games, it will likely make some cash for the program and it's not the end of the world. Lots of people will love them... just not most of us old guys on a message board. :D

5a3b00b1-f1f8-45f0-bc15-99722b7537e8-IndiaGreeneVotto_ERC04752.JPG
Jonathan India - injured part of 2023.
Hunter Greene - injured part of 2023.
Joey Votto - injured part of 2023. And now looking to hook up with another team.

Some conspiracy folks might blame the uniforms . . . .

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Bad look. Like dirty water. Hell sky blue pink would have been no worse. If they must why not plain black. Obviously somebody over thought their assignment.

Reactions: uncleter
At the game right now and bearing witness to them in person. Just awful.
They look like a cross between a practice jersey and what they force you to put on when you're getting an MRI... Goofiest looking attire I've ever seen on the IU floor...

If only we had an AD and a Coach more interested in playing big time Big Ten basketball than they are in making (poor) fashion statements...

We look like a military academy.

If only we had basketball tradition they could've riffed on instead.

I think we do. I can't remember though, so not surprised the jersey designer doesn't. School admin doesn't either of course.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT