ADVERTISEMENT

Shots fired at Trump's PA campaign rally

That’s categorically false. If you’ve never fired a shot in anger you should sit this out.

Before that trigger pull I guarantee that Incel’s pulse rate was well over 150 and he knows that as soon as he squeezes he’s taking incoming. Plus he can be a shite shot. Hitting moving targets isn’t easy at any distance.
Yep. He missed.

That’s categorically false. If you’ve never fired a shot in anger you should sit this out.

Before that trigger pull I guarantee that Incel’s pulse rate was well over 150 and he knows that as soon as he squeezes he’s taking incoming. Plus he can be a shite shot. Hitting moving targets isn’t easy at any distance.
And he just had a run in with the officer on the roof, so he probably was feeling even more rushed on even the 1st shot.

Buck fever is a real thing and that deer isn't shooting back. Can't imagine how it would be knowing you're gonna take return fire.

I’ve been out of the loop for a couple days but if:
  1. Local LEO spotted him and a rifle
  2. Didn’t shoot first
  3. There should be charges
An officer climbed onto the roof, did not have his gun drawn. The shooter had his rifle pointed at the officer so the officer jumped off.

They very likely had him id’d as a potential threat but couldn’t see a rifle and thus didn’t fire first.

They may also have - at those counter sniper positions - gunshot radar that tells them exactly where it came from. We had that 20 years ago so I’m sure it’s gotten better and more portable.

They very likely had him id’d as a potential threat but couldn’t see a rifle and thus didn’t fire first.

They may also have - at those counter sniper positions - gunshot radar (SpotShotter) that tells them exactly where it came from. We had that 20 years ago so I’m sure it’s gotten better and more portable.
Yeah, but even with those, seemed like they returned fire almost immediately. From the audio and video of them, the front sniper is looking that direction, sounds like 2 shots go off, he pulls away from scope to get quick spatial awareness to sight in, then engages immediately.

He saw either the muzzle flash or something because he appears to engage before the sound from the shot reaches the microphone on the camera.

That is incredibly quick reaction if they didn't have him already sited, even with all the equipment they likely have. So if you and I were tasked with, "How do we keep this from happening again?", that would be one of the places I would likely have some questions. Did we do something wrong there that violates our rules of engagement or do we need to reevaluate our rules of engagement?

My other questions would be on how that other roof with such a clear line of sight for a shot was left unmanned. If it was local LE responsibility, then in the future the Secret Service needs to send people out to double check and make sure instructions are being followed.

I live 30 min from Butler. It’s a rough town. Police are experienced. Southern Butler County is boujee as it borders Allegheny County but the rest is Methopotamia.
Fascinating that you live so close.

I'm not buying that Butler's police force is very good, very smart, or experienced enough to be in the same league as the Secret Service (should be).

And I would need a timeline on that because that should have triggered immediate warnings that would have Secret Service surrounding Trump and pulling him off stage.
The reporting is that the shooting started immediately after the officer retreated. So the question becomes, was the reason the officer went to there enough to evacuate Trump before he did?

Yeah, but even with those, seemed like they returned fire almost immediately. From the audio and video of them, the front sniper is looking that direction, sounds like 2 shots go off, he pulls away from scope to get quick spatial awareness to sight in, then engages immediately.

He saw either the muzzle flash or something because he appears to engage before the sound from the shot reaches the microphone on the camera.

That is incredibly quick reaction if they didn't have him already sited, even with all the equipment they likely have. So if you and I were tasked with, "How do we keep this from happening again?", that would be one of the places I would likely have some questions. Did we do something wrong there that violates our rules of engagement or do we need to reevaluate our rules of engagement?

My other questions would be on how that other roof with such a clear line of sight for a shot was left unmanned. If it was local LE responsibility, then in the future the Secret Service needs to send people out to double check and make sure instructions are being followed.
Yes. I think we’ll find out that local law enforcement was on separate comms network than the CS teams and the under resourced SS couldn’t find him fast enough until a muzzle flash happened.

So, from the time the shooting started to the time the sniper put one in his dome, was 17 seconds. And the kid was on the opposite side of a gabled roof from the sniper, firing over the top. So the sniper couldn't see his body or anything like that. Just the parts peeking out over the top of the roof: head, rifle, maybe arms depending on how far over he was peeking. It was the smallest target possible.

I'm no expert in counter-assault performance, but to me, finding, identifying, and eliminating the target, from a position in which you can only see his head and rifle, in 17 seconds, well that actually seems impressive to me.
They had like 6 rooftops to cover. And they didn’t. Hmmm

Reactions: dbmhoosier
An officer climbed onto the roof, did not have his gun drawn. The shooter had his rifle pointed at the officer so the officer jumped off.
Then that officer (assuming he doesn't have direct communication with the SS snipers) needs to fire off some shots into the ground to alert SS to cover Trump up if he's gonna act the way he did.

As far as conspiracies go I will say this:

I Do believe that the Head of Homeland Security and the Head of the Secret Service are complicit by clearly giving Trump an undermanned, third team, security detail because no matter who was assigned to secure that rooftop the basic oversight and follow up simply wasn't there...

From what I saw on tape it appeared that about half the detail knew their business and the other half didn't have a clue... Only the grace of God, a turn of Trumps head and his wits to get down rather than freeze and look around saved him...

His Security Detail took forever to get him off stage and initially when he was back up he had a 5 ft something female ducking at his waist level, leaving his entire head and upper torso open to a follow up kill shot had there been another shooter...

One former Secret Service veteran said on a news feed that the bulk of what occurred (in regard to his details actions) would end up being a study in "how not to" conduct the securing of this type of venue...

I believe both Mayorkis and Cheatal hoped something like this would happen... The jokes on them however since Trump survived, showed guts and leadership while doing so, and probably solidified his grip on the election...

Last edited:

I Do believe that the Head of Homeland Security and the Head of the Secret Service are complicit by clearly giving Trump an undermanned, third team, security detail because no matter who was assigned to secure that rooftop the basic oversight and follow up simply wasn't there...

From what I saw on tape it appeared that about half the detail knew their business and the other half didn't have a clue... Only the grace of God, a turn of Trumps head and his wits to get down rather than freeze and look around saved him...

His Security Detail took forever to get him off stage and initially when he was back up he had a 5 ft something female ducking at his waist level, leaving his entire head and upper torso open to a follow up kill shot had there been another shooter...

One former Secret Service veteran said on a news feed that the bulk of what occurred (in regard to his details actions) would end up being a study in "how not to" conduct the securing of this type of venue...

I believe both Mayorkis and Cheatal hoped something this would happen... The jokes on them however since Trump survived, showed guts and leadership while doing so, and probably solidified his grip on the election...
And there's not a single person on the entire planet who is at a greater risk of assassination than Trump. They knew this and still gave him a cut rate security crew.

No. Then he becomes the target.
Based on the video of the shooter crawling, the ladder was probably on the other side away from the snipers. Get off the roof, and from the ladder fire shots into the ground. How is he the target? All the SS would know is the sound of gunshots and they would leap into action.

Had they been on the same net, it should have been enough to cause the SS to at least surround Trump until the threat was cleared.
Not sure about Law enforcement, but (back in the day) the Fire service Incident Command structure, different teams would be on different comms. It would help with talking over the top of each other, but the command post would relay as needed. Of course we usually weren't needing same second info, we could get by with a 8-10 second delay or longer.

Reactions: 76-1

There weren’t many places for assassins to hide. The fact that they weren’t all covered speaks volumes. Inside job.

I believe both Mayorkis and Cheatal hoped something like this would happen... The jokes on them however since Trump survived, showed guts and leadership while doing so, and probably solidified his grip on the election...
Can’t go with the last paragraph. Rest is OK.

Maybe. All you dummies are to blame, imo. That’s for sure. If you are who you claim, I’m sure you feel some guilt. Your rhetoric on all things Trump was over the top so often.
Complicit how? Sounds like you have a real doozy of a conspiracy theory. Lay it out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT