ADVERTISEMENT

Shots fired at Trump's PA campaign rally

How long it took them them to get Trump off the stage seems to be the thing most are pointing out as a potential failure on the part of the secret service.

And there may be some merit to that. I don’t know enough about the secret service to say one way or the other.

And you’re right, Trump wasn’t cooperating. At all.
WTF ?? Cops were inside the building during the shooting??

Wow. This story doesn't make anybody look good:

WTF ?? Cops were inside the building during the shooting??

Wow. This story doesn't make anybody look good:

So, on the one hand, that's a huge building. Really, more of a complex than a building.

On the other hand, how in the world is it appropriate to station a "counter sniper team" indoors? This was an outdoor rally. What possible threats could they have been assessing from inside?

So, on the one hand, that's a huge building. Really, more of a complex than a building.

On the other hand, how in the world is it appropriate to station a "counter sniper team" indoors? This was an outdoor rally. What possible threats could they have been assessing from inside?
After all these years reading stories about the Secret Service going to great lengths such as welding down manhole covers, removing mail boxes and nailing windows shut along motorcade routes, failing to station people on that roof is impossible to understand.

After all these years reading stories about the Secret Service going to great lengths such as welding down manhole covers, removing mail boxes and nailing windows shut along motorcade routes, failing to station people on that roof is impossible to understand.
Obviously a huge failure on the part of the SS to not be there, but these local cops actually were there. Their failure is even more confusing because they took the time to show up and then just behaved stupidly.

Keyboard warriors are something.
The cognitive dissonance it must require to believe that the entire DC Republicrat Swamp is out to get your guy, and is using all the different arms of the government to do so, and has taken over the missions of the FBI, CIA, NSA, SS, and I guess PA State Troopers to do so, and then...they just missed...is just beyond comprehension.

Keyboard warrior?

I mean, this guy's credentials are certainly superior to anyone here, from a purely tactical understanding.

Why should his claim be dismissed?

What exactly is his claim and what do you think it means. I’m not sure you understand what you read or can comprehend its meaning.

I’ll translate what you wrote above:

“I know nothing of real combat.”

I don’t mean that in an asshole way. I mean that in it’s nuanced and split second decisions save and take lives. If a cop shoots his gun and the SS only sees him shooting, it introduces massive confusion to a sniper that is viewing the battlefield from a micro perspective.

The failure was not screening better and not covering an elevated firing position well within rifle range. The cop climbing the ladder probably saved Trump’s life.
The snipers had binoculars trained that way for minutes before the shooting. You don't think they could notice a unfiromed officer? I get it if they are plain clothed, hell they took out the prone assassin within seconds. I don't think those snipers would have intentionally fired on the cop.

Reactions: DANC
This guy's an interesting follow...always compelling arguments about how the economy is great in his small town.
Not my problem if you don't earn a decent living or can't invest. If you aren't making money hand over fist this year then may want to hire someone.

The snipers had binoculars trained that way for minutes before the shooting. You don't think they could notice a unfiromed officer? I get it if they are plain clothed, hell they took out the prone assassin within seconds. I don't think those snipers would have intentionally fired on the cop.
Well, the guy they shot was wearing clothes that looked like, you know, a uniform, so.

Easy. Because he's Canadian.

Next question. :)
You Win This Time Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

This kind of thinking is exactly why the Dems are going to get plastered this year.
No harm.

That guy's a hayseed...and he's right, it's not his fault rates are up and I'm not pulling 7 figure quarters anymore lately. 😃

Maybe I need to talk to his "guy".

Apparently the airports are packed, so I'm obviously missing something.

• Haha
What part of that t-shirt he was wearing was a uniform?
Yeah...I dunno. Those guys had a tough angle for sure to see who that kid was...especially when he's laying flat. They looked to be zero'd in on him, and were probably frantically asking "who the **** is that guy? Is he ours?".

This seems to be more of a strategic **** up of what seems to be basic coverage for these guys...against an amateur!!

Either way it's not good...accidentally incompetent is only slightly less troubling than intentionally incompetent...and I'm talking chalkboard strategy here, not the action of those two guys that got the kill.

Sorry I mistook you for a reasonable person. My bad. I won't do that again.
So, to be clear, you think a belief that there may be a conspiracy involved in the Trump assassination attempt is equally as bad as specifically cheering another human beings death.

And I’M the unreasonable one?

Alrighty then.

Doesn't matter which one is worse, they are both repugnant.
Saying “I believe there is more to the Trump assassination attempt than we are being led to believe” is quite a bit different than saying “I’m glad Trump supporter Corey Comperatore was killed”.

It’s really bizarre that you’re attempting to equate the two.

I’ll just assume I must have done something to piss you off, as Snarl mentioned.

Reactions: DANC and 76-1
All speculation. What I’m saying is that the more combatants firing on a battlefield, the more confusing and foggy it is. It’s easy when everyone is wearing your jersey and speaking on the same net. Once you pass that it’s ****ing hard.

Saying “I believe there is more to the Trump assassination attempt than we are being led to believe” is quite a bit different than saying “I’m glad Trump supporter Corey Comperatore was killed”.

It’s really bizarre that you’re attempting to equate the two.

I’ll just assume I must have done something to piss you off, as Snarl mentioned.
That's a really bland way to paraphrase what people in this thread are really claiming, which isn't that "there is more" generically. They are flatly or clearly implying that the "more" is that the Biden White House tried to kill him. Why are you hiding from this?

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
That's a really bland way to paraphrase what people in this thread are really claiming, which isn't that "there is more" generically. They are flatly or clearly implying that the "more" is that the Biden White House tried to kill him. Why are you hiding from this?
Even if I agree that the bolded is true, that’s still nowhere near as repugnant as saying “I’m glad this innocent dude got his head blown off because I don’t like his politics”.

I’m not wrong about that.

All speculation. What I’m saying is that the more combatants firing on a battlefield, the more confusing and foggy it is. It’s easy when everyone is wearing your jersey and speaking on the same net. Once you pass that it’s ****ing hard.
There were reports there was a fixed ladder to the roof. Then that an officer got on another's shoulders to get a view of the roof. If that's true then yes it makes sense why he didn't engage. But at that point someone on a roof just pointed a gun at you (an officer). You have to do anything in your power at that point to save lives, especially the former President. If you don't have direct communications to the snipers on the roof then the next most plausible course of action is to fire shots into the ground. I wouldn't consider him another combatant on the battlefield and I wouldn't think that would fog it up. That would make it crystal clear to the SS by the former president to spring into action as they did when the first shots happened which were the ones that got his ear and the people behind him.

Shitty scenario all around, and I think we all agree at least ten balls were dropped before these efforts at the last minute.

There were reports there was a fixed ladder to the roof. Then that an officer got on another's shoulders to get a view of the roof. If that's true then yes it makes sense why he didn't engage. But at that point someone on a roof just pointed a gun at you (an officer). You have to do anything in your power at that point to save lives, especially the former President. If you don't have direct communications to the snipers on the roof then the next most plausible course of action is to fire shots into the ground. I wouldn't consider him another combatant on the battlefield and I wouldn't think that would fog it up. That would make it crystal clear to the SS by the former president to spring into action as they did when the first shots happened which were the ones that got his ear and the people behind him.

Shitty scenario all around, and I think we all agree at least ten balls were dropped before these efforts at the last minute.
I don’t know. Shooting into the ground is a weird tactic. You’re going to find out the systemic failures sooner.

One of the latest articles on the Assassination Attempt:

The photo of the grounds about 2/3rds of the way down in the article is one of the better overviews of the venue that I've seen so far (you have to keep scrolling down thru the advertisements to read/see the entire article)

Sounds like local cops doing what local cops tend to do..., getting out of the heat and BSing waiting to be called on rather than aggressively patrolling their assigned AO...

Why the Secret Service detail wouldn't have anticipated this approach by the local gendarmes is hard to understand...

It's still baffling to me as to why a drone wasn't in play for active, real time, reconnaissance or if not that, why someone wasn't at least assigned to be up on the catwalk of that big blue water tank/tower (The highest structure in the nearby area) with even just a radio and some binoculars or even a monocular... That structure has about a 95% overview of the Entire venue...

A competent advance team would have anticipated all these things prior to the event in my opinion... Not to mention, not using uncuttable security chain to secure the shaky surrounding fence entries... HD Zip Ties are a laughable security measure..., unless they thought their primary threat was from a group of 3 year olds...

You can buy that chain on Amazon or here: https://www.uscargocontrol.com/coll...MI-ZHUj52rhwMVpefjBx0trANLEAAYAiAAEgLEEvD_BwE

Someone needs to pass that on to Director Cheatle...

The reality is that had a small group (2-3) of even semi-competent, motivated assassins, hired by a foreign nation, like say Iran, been involved instead of one young wannabe then Trump and most of the local police detail would have been history...

The Secret Service needs to up their game Now if they're actually serious about protecting Trump (which clearly is a Major question at this point when it comes to Mayorkas and Cheatle).

There are a lot more people out there who find Trump a serious threat to their operations beyond just the Democrats... The Border Cartels, the Iranians, and even the Chinese all have a great deal to lose if Trump becomes President...

Last edited:

Shooters could be inside and use a window

• Haha
Keyboard warrior?

I mean, this guy's credentials are certainly superior to anyone here, from a purely tactical understanding.

Why should his claim be dismissed?

He did have help. It just wasn't help that was planned in advance. Sometimes the negligence or incompetence of your antagonists is all the help you need. This kid's entire operation was amateur hour. The fact that the security apparatus around the President was so inept that day was a tremendous help.

Don't attribute to malice was is more likely attributable to incompetence. This wasn't some master conspiracy, it is further proof of the erosion in the competency of our government and leadership class.

Or the leadership
He did have help. It just wasn't help that was planned in advance. Sometimes the negligence or incompetence of your antagonists is all the help you need. This kid's entire operation was amateur hour. The fact that the security apparatus around the President was so inept that day was a tremendous help.

Don't attribute to malice was is more likely attributable to incompetence. This wasn't some master conspiracy, it is further proof of the erosion in the competency of our government and leadership class.

Or... The (off site) Leadership wasn't terribly concerned about what calamity might befall the protectee...

Once again, you don't assign an undermanned third team to a guy you're wishing the best too...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT