ADVERTISEMENT

Shots fired at Trump's PA campaign rally

GSiCCYoWQAAwBSx

CBS has this story. It was the local sharpshooters in that building that spotted him. They called control but then lost sight of him. They then spotted him with the rangefinder and called again. Officers were sent, one was the guy who climbed the building.

I suspect the rules of engagement do not call for shooting him because of a rangefinder. I might be wrong. Do you think otherwise?

The failure was in not having someone on top of that building. If someone is there, this does not happen.

Someone said yesterday the locals said they were only to provide traffic control. That now seems unlikely, those sharpshooters had little to do with traffic

Or the leadership

Or... The (off site) Leadership wasn't terribly concerned about what calamity might befall the protectee...

Once again, you don't assign an undermanned third team to a guy you're wishing the best too...
I guess that the problem would really be that there is such a fall off from Team A to Team C when we have so many VIPs that need protecting. That performance was abominable.

Reactions: DANC and 76-1
Or the leadership

Or... The (off site) Leadership wasn't terribly concerned about what calamity might befall the protectee...

Once again, you don't assign an undermanned third team to a guy you're wishing the best too...
You figured it out. Might want to send in your report.

Reactions: UncleMark
I guess that the problem would really be that there is such a fall off from Team A to Team C when we have so many VIPs that need protecting. That performance was abominable.
And why did Dr. Jill, who is under almost no threat at all, apparently get a better security team than the most threatened man in the world? Really makes you wonder.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
So they have snipers at ground level, inside that building, but didn't bother to set up, at minimum, an overwatch position on the roof?!? Or at least station one guy at the ladder...Amazing...

How long would it have taken the advance team to provide a rapid rigged, small covered platform that would straddle that low roof peak and provide a stable platform??? 3 hours max for someone competent???

Given the way those guys operate I suppose it's a good thing they didn't... They probably would have left it unattended when it got hot up there and given the shooter an even more stable platform to shoot from...

Reactions: DANC
So they have snipers at ground level, inside that building, but didn't bother to set up, at minimum, an overwatch position on the roof?!? Or at least station one guy at the ladder...Amazing...

How long would it have taken the advance team to provide a rapid rigged, small covered platform that would straddle that low roof peak and provide a stable platform??? 3 hours max for someone competent???

Given the way those guys operate I suppose it's a good thing they didn't... They probably would have left it unattended when it got hot up there and given the shooter an even more stable platform to shoot from...

The locals were on the 2nd floor and not the roof.

Reactions: 76-1
And why did Dr. Jill, who is under almost no threat at all, apparently get a better security team than the most threatened man in the world? Really makes you wonder.
I think whomever is the active President is probably the one who faces the biggest threats. The first lady gets protection by extension of her husband. There should be a Team A (the current President's team), but there should not be that big a drop off from Team 2 to 3.

I think going down the conspiracy road leads to a distraction from the real issues. That kid that got himself killed is not who you pick to be your guy if you are conspiring to off a political opponent. He was spotted immediately and exposed himself on numerous occasions. I have questions around how this happened but it more relates to general incompetence we are getting from the most expensive government in our history.

It didn't look like that thing had two floors... I stand corrected...

They still f ' up by not having someone stationed at the ladder however...
I am not sure why the ladder wasn't removed AFTER police got onto the roof well before. It could be reattached later, but I wouldn't even allow it there.

Always dug Jack Black. Thought Tenacious D was funny. Still think Master Exploder is a great song.

Given, it was KG who said that, and their obviously on a shitlib themed tour...still...sounds like the gloves are off.

Tenacious-D_1600x610-f6fb60f5cc.jpg

Good. Glad Jack is walking it back. Sounds like Tenacious D may be done for good.

Just can't see the guy that made School of Rock promoting assination attempts.

Or the leadership

And don’t have the media and higher up government officials consistently echoing Trump is a threat to Democracy for years because some people might just apply malice when a 20 year old dumb#s is able to take numerous pop shots at him 140 yards away. The lack of accountability drives me insane. The reason there are “conspiracy theories” is because our Federal Government f#cking sucks. Don’t f#cking suck and behave like douchebags for years towards Trump and none of this happens.

Last edited:
Keyboard warrior?

I mean, this guy's credentials are certainly superior to anyone here, from a purely tactical understanding.

Why should his claim be dismissed?

Come on.... he's Canadian. Obviously a deranged right-winger.

Yeah...I dunno. Those guys had a tough angle for sure to see who that kid was...especially when he's laying flat. They looked to be zero'd in on him, and were probably frantically asking "who the **** is that guy? Is he ours?".

This seems to be more of a strategic **** up of what seems to be basic coverage for these guys...against an amateur!!

Either way it's not good...accidentally incompetent is only slightly less troubling than intentionally incompetent...and I'm talking chalkboard strategy here, not the action of those two guys that got the kill.
Even if they didn't want to fire because they weren't sure who he was, they had plenty of time to warn the agents next to the stage to get Trump out of there or cover him up.

Incompetency all the way around.

All speculation. What I’m saying is that the more combatants firing on a battlefield, the more confusing and foggy it is. It’s easy when everyone is wearing your jersey and speaking on the same net. Once you pass that it’s ****ing hard.
How about getting Trump off the stage if there's a question?

Trump didn't call the family of his supporter who died. He didn't call the ones injured. His focus was to play golf the next day.
#priorities

• Wow
Reactions: IU_Hickory
And she refused to take Biden's call.
At least Biden called her. Unlike Trump.

"I don't have any ill will towards Joe Biden. I'm not one of those people that gets involved in politics. I support Trump. That's who I'm voting for, but I don't have ill will towards Biden. He didn't do anything bad to my husband. A 20-year-old despicable kid did... My husband was a devout Republican and he would not have wanted me to talk to him"

She said Trump hadn't reached out, reported New York Post.

At least Biden called her. Unlike Trump.

"I don't have any ill will towards Joe Biden. I'm not one of those people that gets involved in politics. I support Trump. That's who I'm voting for, but I don't have ill will towards Biden. He didn't do anything bad to my husband. A 20-year-old despicable kid did... My husband was a devout Republican and he would not have wanted me to talk to him"

She said Trump hadn't reached out, reported New York Post.

Yeah, I read your first post and was able to understand that Trump hadn't called her. Thanks.

Sadly, everything we've seen since the shooting implies to me that Trump isn't going to change as a person at all.
First question to JD Vance by a reporter now: Mr. Vance, do you think DJT should call the families of the people shot at his rally?

He will either dodge, and show himself to a be a craven politician like all the rest, or answer it truthfully and cause an early riff with the top of the ticket.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT