ADVERTISEMENT

Shots fired at Trump's PA campaign rally

Not exactly a profile in courage by that policeman
Wow...total incompetence or following orders?

Hoping the family of the deceased and the two critically injured join together in a civil suit for the "negligence" of the security detail. Then, and only then, will we get the real story. Put those in charge on the stand, not a Congressional Hearing, a Federal stand, with a grand jury.

Always dug Jack Black. Thought Tenacious D was funny. Still think Master Exploder is a great song.

Given, it was KG who said that, and their obviously on a shitlib themed tour...still...sounds like the gloves are off.

Tenacious-D_1600x610-f6fb60f5cc.jpg

Progressives are pathetic. They behave like children. They can’t refrain from being douchebags for one day, even after an assassination attempt.
Saw a tweet that said “100 million plus conservatives and republicans SUPER pissed off about the assassination attempt and not one store looted, not one city burned”.

Saw a tweet that said “100 million plus conservatives and republicans SUPER pissed off about the assassination attempt and not one store looted, not one city burned”.
I was thinking about this. If that bullet had been an inch to the left, who knows what would have happened. I don't think rioting, but retaliatory (in their mind) reactions? Yeah, I think so.

Kids love Jack black. How can he get away with saying that. Hollywood needs to be canceled. Pretty gross.

Agreed on the screens
I'm in a group text with 10 buddies. Someone said something about Copa, yesterday. I had no clue what it was and learned it was a soccer tournament. Hopefully, you knew that already.

The More You Know Fun GIF by megan lockhart

Last edited:
"Pissed off?" Are you effing for real? MAGA's loving this. It's the greatest gift the Trump campaign could have possibly received. He's a super-hero now.

The pic of him with blood on his face, surrounded by Secret Service agents, and with the American flag flying above (taken by a photographer with the "failing New York Times" btw) is epic. That'll be the image from now through Election Day and beyond.

I am just old enough to remember when George Wallace was shot while campaigning for the nomination in 1972. There was a great deal of initial sympathy for him, being shot and paralyzed.

But after awhile. people came around and realized that the "segregation now, segregation forever" dude was STILL a really bad guy who never should be near the White House.

Hopefully a similar realization occurs for people now drawn to Trump.

I am just old enough to remember when George Wallace was shot while campaigning for the nomination in 1972. There was a great deal of initial sympathy for him, being shot and paralyzed.

But after awhile. people came around and realized that the "segregation now, segregation forever" dude was STILL a really bad guy who never should be near the White House.

Wallace actually changed after the shooting, and it was meaningful change. In 1982, he spoke at the Southern Christian Leadership conference in Birmingham. His comments included, "I did stand, with a majority of white people, for the separation of the schools. But that was wrong, and that will never come back again."

In Birmingham they really did end up loving the governor. During his final run for governor, he garnered 90% of the Black vote. During his final term, he appointed more than 160 Black members of state governing boards. John Lewis, who had been beaten years earlier on the Edmund Pettis Bridge, forgave him: "I could tell that he was a changed man; he was engaged in a campaign to seek forgiveness from the same African Americans he had oppressed. He acknowledged his bigotry and assumed responsibility for the harm he had caused."

"Pissed off?" Are you effing for real? MAGA's loving this. It's the greatest gift the Trump campaign could have possibly received. He's a super-hero now.

The pic of him with blood on his face, surrounded by Secret Service agents, and with the American flag flying above (taken by a photographer with the "failing New York Times" btw) is epic. That'll be the image from now through Election Day and beyond.
Fair point.

This has been amazing for Trump. I think it was goat that said Trump himself couldnt have planned it out any better.

He was nowhere near the WH Dr. Frankenstein.

Reactions: 76-1
He was nowhere near the WH Dr. Frankenstein.
He ended up finishing 2nd in the primaries. He was a threat to win before the shooting, since he would likely have swept the South where he was very popular with the Dixiecrat (soon to be GOP) voters. He even took to moderating his racism to appeal more to Northern voters. But the injuries stopped his ability to campaign.

Crazy!

There's cellphone video out there of someone on the ground recording the gunman army crawling across the roof. Boggles the mind that this was allowed to happen, then confronted by a cop, and having two snipers trained on him essentially the whole time? Crazy indeed.

Reactions: stollcpa
Wallace actually changed after the shooting, and it was meaningful change. In 1982, he spoke at the Southern Christian Leadership conference in Birmingham. His comments included, "I did stand, with a majority of white people, for the separation of the schools. But that was wrong, and that will never come back again."

In Birmingham they really did end up loving the governor. During his final run for governor, he garnered 90% of the Black vote. During his final term, he appointed more than 160 Black members of state governing boards. John Lewis, who had been beaten years earlier on the Edmund Pettis Bridge, forgave him: "I could tell that he was a changed man; he was engaged in a campaign to seek forgiveness from the same African Americans he had oppressed. He acknowledged his bigotry and assumed responsibility for the harm he had caused."
Amazingly enough, despite being in a wheelchair, he also went on to found Hustler Magazine in an attempt to heal the very racial strife that he helped perpetuate.

#beaverhunt #greatamerican

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT