ADVERTISEMENT

Shots fired at Trump's PA campaign rally

That is a legitimate point I have no answer to. But things like the heirs law are modern problems for Blacks, it isn't like all problems disappeared in 1968.

My suspicion is that a long period of being beaten down has damaged the elastic of the Black community. Like an animal that is repeatedly beaten, too many have become submissive (I cannot get ahead so I will not try) or preemptively violent.

We know there were thriving successful Black communities. Some were sadly destroyed for the interstates. Others for other reasons. What made those communities work? How can we recreate them?

The Bosnians came expecting success, eventually. Same with Vietnamese and others. How do we return that feeling to Black communities?
Good answer. I don’t know marv. What I do know is that it inures to the benefit of us all to raise them up. As loathed as I am and as much disdain as I harbor for progressives maybe a one time cash influx is the answer. An answer one way or another… without being too indelicate

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Good answer. I don’t know marv. What I do know is that it inures to the benefit of us all to raise them up. As loathed as I am and as much disdain as I harbor for progressives maybe a one time cash influx is the answer. An answer one way or another… without being too indelicate
I am not sold on cash, it might work so I don't oppose it, but I think the problems are beyond that. Restoring a sense of community and pride in that community is important.

Heck, I think school consolidation has hurt many rural White communities, eliminating that sense community.

I am not sold on cash, it might work so I don't oppose it, but I think the problems are beyond that. Restoring a sense of community and pride in that community is important.

Heck, I think school consolidation has hurt many rural White communities, eliminating that sense community.
For sure. But I would hope that commubity and pride would be a byproduct of the money

It’s not. That’s a mistake of the last 60 or so years of U.S. policy. Economists can’t measure and so we have ignored the value of community, personal pride, and dignity.
I know but I don’t believe you can compare a drippy faucet of food stamps and vouchers and bus passes to a one time windfall in potential outcomes. Listen it might be a disaster. A consumer spree of irresponsible spending. A cluster fck. But I don’t know. If you get $600 a month you don’t have a down payment for a house. You can’t start a business. You get a check for $120k. Well now some doors open

Is "Biden is destroying America" close enough? Wouldn't some want to take up arms against someone trying to destroy America? I can find that said by many, but here is VDH saying it:

Reactions: outside shooter
I know but I don’t believe you can compare a drippy faucet of food stamps and vouchers and bus passes to a one time windfall in potential outcomes. Listen it might be a disaster. A consumer spree of irresponsible spending. A cluster fck. But I don’t know. If you get $600 a month you don’t have a down payment for a house. You can’t start a business. You get a check for $120k. Well now some doors open
It would send Bitcoin to a million and inflation would be ridiculous. There are 45 million black people in the country. You're talking about dropping 6 trillion. Not to mention the divide it would create between working class white, hispanics, and Asians as they all would suffer from the inflation and would all know what caused it. It would be awful for the country.

I wonder if some combo of home ownership/business ownership will do it. I mentioned the loss of property, I believe a lack of ownership is a key component to the problem.

A kind of Habitat program combined with some quick training and seed money for a small business. Food trucks, barber shops, etc.

It would send Bitcoin to a million and inflation would be ridiculous. There are 45 million black people in the country. You're talking about dropping 6 trillion. Not to mention the divide it would create between working class white, hispanics, and Asians as they all would suffer from the inflation and would all know what caused it. It would be awful for the country.
Definite risks as you say. And it would have to be means tested etc

I wonder if some combo of home ownership/business ownership will do it. I mentioned the loss of property, I believe a lack of ownership is a key component to the problem.

A kind of Habitat program combined with some quick training and seed money for a small business. Food trucks, barber shops, etc.
Barbershops bitch that’s racist as fck. In a soccer bar with the gang so excuse. I think you’re spot on. What’s more it directly addresses the intERgenerational transfer of wealth gap. I would support it. Once.

Coach we've been down your road of UBI before.

Just stop already. Simple min wage increase has already proven that all it does it hurt EVERYONE, while leaving the bottom tier exactly where they were to start with . Got Damn.

Coach we've been down your road of UBI before.

Just stop already. Simple min wage increase has already proven that all it does it hurt EVERYONE, while leaving the bottom tier exactly where they were to start with . Got Damn.
I know. Hear me out mr commission man. You know. YOU know that that one one time fat commission check provides opportunities much different than that bimonthly check

We've thrown money at the problem. It doesn't work. Human beings have a need to feel wanted and useful. Sitting around with no job but a check coming in doesn't fulfill that need. It's one of the main drivers of the Trump/populist backlash against manufacturing leaving, too. I think all of this is connected.

I'm not sure what your point is. Are you saying what Trump says is a prelude to rounding up groups and putting them into concentration camps?
Not death camps, but concentration camps, yes. This is not a new thing in America.

4828.jpg

Forced to drink water from the toilets. Where the f*ck are the Christians?

1156698622.jpg.0.jpg

005a83c0-Human-Smuggling.jpg

Next 9-11 plotters?^^^

This is the America we want to be?

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

Here are 100 passages from the Bible about welcoming strangers:

390px-Trails_of_Tears_en.png

japanese-internment-camp.jpg

Last edited:
We've thrown money at the problem. It doesn't work. Human beings have a need to feel wanted and useful. Sitting around with no job but a check coming in doesn't fulfill that need. It's one of the main drivers of the Trump/populist backlash against manufacturing leaving, too. I think all of this is connected.
brad think of when you get something to pop. You just got your 40 percent. 600k. Whatever. At one time. A biweekly check does not compare to the immediate options you are afforded. I think it’s the same. We have NEVER done that. And I again I could be totally wrong. It could be a boondoggle

brad think of when you get something to pop. You just got your 40 percent. 600k. Whatever. At one time. A biweekly check does not compare to the immediate options you are afforded. I think it’s the same. We have NEVER done that. And I again I could be totally wrong. It could be a boondoggle
1. It would be grossly unfair.

2. It would change little. Ever see Killers of the Flower Moon?

3. It's politically untenable, even now, although God knows the anti-racist illiberals are doing their part to plant the seed among today's youth through public schools.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
1. It would be grossly unfair.

2. It would change little. Ever see Killers of the Flower Moon?

3. It's politically untenable, even now, although God knows the anti-racist illiberals are doing their part to plant the seed among today's youth through public schools.
No but I want to see that movie. And I will say something indelicate. It will right the wrong, whether you believe perceived or otherwise, and I believe right for the reasons Marv set forth, and it will eliminate excuses and require accountability and responsibility.

No but I want to see that movie. And I will say something indelicate. It will right the wrong, whether you believe perceived or otherwise, and I believe right for the reasons Marv set forth, and it will eliminate excuses and require accountability and responsibility.
I don’t think it would do any of that.

Reactions: IUCrazy2
It's one of the main drivers of the Trump/populist backlash against manufacturing leaving, too. I think all of this is connected.

That is the perception. But a LOT of plans are to help working poor and our MAGA friends do not like them either. There have been movements to eliminate the EITC or resistance to helping them get healthcare. Someone making $15 is going to struggle mightily with healthcare, or childcare.

That is the perception. But a LOT of plans are to help working poor and our MAGA friends do not like them either. There have been movements to eliminate the EITC or resistance to helping them get healthcare. Someone making $15 is going to struggle mightily with healthcare, or childcare.
My point is money isn’t the solution, Marv. It’s deeper than that.

My point is money isn’t the solution, Marv. It’s deeper than that.
Which is why I think ownership is the solution. We have seen destroyed Black farming and successful Black neighborhoods. That lost homes and businesses. The property owned lost for interstate was not worth much, the amounts they were paid did not allow them to buy new homes or new businesses (nor in many areas would they have been allowed to). This was the 50s and 60s. Those that were trying to gorge ahead were thrown back.

I admit, I do not know how to do what I am suggesting. But ownership is the answer. It was until we screwed it up.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Which is why I think ownership is the solution. We have seen destroyed Black farming and successful Black neighborhoods. That lost homes and businesses. The property owned lost for interstate was not worth much, the amounts they were paid did not allow them to buy new homes or new businesses (nor in many areas would they have been allowed to). This was the 50s and 60s. Those that were trying to gorge ahead were thrown back.

I admit, I do not know how to do what I am suggesting. But ownership is the answer. It was until we screwed it up.
It’s certainly the idea and MAY be the answer. It was the impetus behind razing high rise apartments and replacing same with low slung properties with a path to ownership

Just another

So just try a little $14 trillion experiment and if that doesn’t work try something else?

No.
I know. I’ve done the math and that’s the fly in the ointment. So I don’t know how you would have to filter the means testing to prevent the number from being untenable

I get where you’re coming from on black farming and home ownership.

I know. I’ve done the math and that’s the fly in the ointment. So I don’t know how you would have to filter the means testing to prevent the number from being untenable
Fly? That’s a whale. A huge spermaceti whale. A whale of no equal. A whale . . .

And you poopooed my 100% death tax! Boooooooo!

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT