ADVERTISEMENT

Shots fired at Trump's PA campaign rally

Nothing I typed was wrong. You voted for Biden. You were unsure if you would vote for DeSantis. Your issue is you constantly lie and can’t keep them straight. @mattndallas pegged you correctly yesterday when you showed your true colors.
You're being an asshole, so I'll respond in kind. STFU shithead. I always strive to be honest. I said I voted for Biden in 2020 and I did. I said DeSantis was my least favorite Republican candidate other than Trump and didn't want him to get the nomination. I liked Haley and Scott best. I didn't say that I wouldn't vote for DeSantis if he was the nominee. Fact is, I would. My political principles have not changed. They're fairly standard Republican principles down the line. However, Trump is entirely unfit for the office in my opinion and will not get my vote ever. I think he's a RINO too. Stop with the ankle biting. I know the fact that I won't vote for Trump triggers you but try some self-control.

Reactions: Bill4411
I support Republican positions (many of Trump's aren't Republican, by the way)
I've got some bad news for you. The republican party is Trump's party and the Trump party is republican. Your positions are no longer republican.

Welcome to the world of not having a political party with a candidate who is worth supporting.

tim blake nelson water GIF

So Hitler's big problem was rhetoric and not actions?

The world ignored his rhetoric because no one believed he meant it. Had that turned out to be true we would not be discussing Hitler today. Just like we don't discuss Mussolini.

Trump wants to sound tough and ready to fight. It is not shocking that rhetorical style was used by some dictator.
Why do people insist on comparing Trump with various historical figures? He isn’t like any of them. Trump is Trump. Trying to bash Trump by saying he is Hitler or Mussolini is intellectually lazy and is a vacuous argument. Criticize Trump based upon what he has done as president and what he promises to do. Dragging in Nazis or Fascists from the past in lieu of arguments about the present wastes our time.

Firearms best suited for the upcoming civil war is a hotly debated topic, but the mythical 14 guage isn't in the mix.

I've been out of the loop and just catching up up as of around 9:30. Flipping through channels and 2 (Fox & CNN?) have said they've dispatched a bomb squad for a suspicious van with out of state plates or no plates, depending on the outlet.
Guess I’ll need a 16 gauge

Hanson agrees with you....
Interesting list of celebs Going back to Trump’s first term.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Victimhood has never been a Republican attribute until about 2017. Now you guys are big time victims. It’s not very masculine.
That victimhood dog just doesn’t hunt and you should stop with that. Listing grievances is not an expression of victimhood even if you don’t agree with the grievances.

Go back and read the grievances Jefferson listed in the Declaration of Independence and then argue the signers were victims. You can’t do that because the signers took it upon themselves to remedy things risking their fortunes and even their lives to do so.

Trump supporters have grievances. That isn’t being a victim.

You're being an asshole, so I'll respond in kind. STFU shithead. I always strive to be honest. I said I voted for Biden in 2020 and I did. I said DeSantis was my least favorite Republican candidate other than Trump and didn't want him to get the nomination. I liked Haley and Scott best. I didn't say that I wouldn't vote for DeSantis if he was the nominee. Fact is, I would. My political principles have not changed. They're fairly standard Republican principles down the line. However, Trump is entirely unfit for the office in my opinion and will not get my vote ever. I think he's a RINO too. Stop with the ankle biting. I know the fact that I won't vote for Trump triggers you but try some self-control.
How about kiss my a#%? I’ll continue to call you a shit lib because that’s what you are. Your knee jerk reaction was but Trumpers for a reason.

If those are really gunshots (or pellets, or whatever) that was pretty stupid. That will simply enrage his supporters even more. Nice job finding a way to garner sympathy for this guy.
We have to look no farther than Joe Biden to know the Dems are incapable of any sympathy towards their own kind.

I certainly don’t profess to be an expert on college or post grad curriculum development, but it seems to me “Secure all rooftops within rifle range, if not rocket-launcher” would be found somewhere in a syllabus for a course in Protective Services 101. (Insert refrains of “If I Had A Rocket Launcher” - Bruce Cockburn, 1984)

Heads will roll over this one and America is damn lucky Trump’s head didn’t explode like a watermelon like JFK’s did on Zapruder’s 8 mm strip of celluloid.

Why do people insist on comparing Trump with various historical figures? He isn’t like any of them. Trump is Trump. Trying to bash Trump by saying he is Hitler or Mussolini is intellectually lazy and is a vacuous argument. Criticize Trump based upon what he has done as president and what he promises to do. Dragging in Nazis or Fascists from the past in lieu of arguments about the present wastes our time.

Humans compare things all the time. No two meals we eat are identical, but we probably compare them. We compare the books we read. We compare baseball players. We compare big storms we have been in. Why on earth would we not compare leaders? It seems intellectually lazy not to.

The world ignored his rhetoric because no one believed he meant it. Had that turned out to be true we would not be discussing Hitler today. Just like we don't discuss Mussolini.

Trump wants to sound tough and ready to fight. It is not shocking that rhetorical style was used by some dictator.
You think Hitler’s rhetoric isn’t what convinced many Germans to kill Jews?

Reactions: DANC
That victimhood dog just doesn’t hunt and you should stop with that. Listing grievances is not an expression of victimhood even if you don’t agree with the grievances.

Go back and read the grievances Jefferson listed in the Declaration of Independence and then argue the signers were victims. You can’t do that because the signers took it upon themselves to remedy things risking their fortunes and even their lives to do so.

You play a double standard well. Blacks who were discriminated against for 200 years in America you say are playing the victim card. But suddenly in THIS case they are grievances and not victimhood.

I said the world never believed him. The Germans that believed him already wanted to. The Germans that didn't largely went along not to become a target themselves.

Trump LOVES to act the tough guy. You don't think Hitler and Mussolini desperately wanted that image? Everything they did was to bolster that.

• Haha
I disagree on Trump being a shoe in to win. It’s going to be really close and he’ll struggle to win the popular vote. He’s the favorite, but I’ll be shocked if he wins easily.
No one is more disappointed by last night than Marc Elias. Now his “ground. Game” will have to come up with 90+ million votes to get beyond the threshold, and that will exposes rhe whole operarion for even the most naive rube re: how elections are inorganic.

But then again, people think Joe Biden actually got 81 million votes the first go round. So maybe you have a point

Last edited:

We should discuss Lenin/Stalin and Mao more are they were worse than Hitler and ran the same playbook being run right now.

Smart people understand that ls why the media keeps the Hitler/Mussolini drumbeat at a fever pitch, so the rubes will stay easily distracted.

We should discuss Lenin/Stalin and Mao more are they were worse than Hitler and ran the same playbook being run right now.

Smart people understand that ls why the media keeps the Hitler/Mussolini drumbeat at a fever pitch, so the rubes will stay easily distracted.

The election between the rubes and the mentally ill paranoids getting all their info from Russian chat bots will be interesting.

No. you clearly haven’t read about Germany between WWI and WWII. It was economic recovery and the moral rot of the Weimar Republic that Hitler addressed. That caused the German people to incorrectly, turn their heads or bury their heads in the sand.

Not too different than the modern left here in the US when it comes to dealing with the corruption in our Institutions. See last night as case in point. .

I've got some bad news for you. The republican party is Trump's party and the Trump party is republican. Your positions are no longer republican.
You really think Trump is a Republican? He's not in y book but I still agree with a lot of his policies more than I do with the left's policies.

But suddenly in THIS case they are grievances and not victimhood.
Seriously, something that happened 200 years ago is different that something that happened recently. Reminds me of my last aunt that died a week or so agp(96)... the last time I called her (5 years ago) the first thing she started on was something that happened in the 30s... wow... get over it.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
No. you clearly haven’t read about Germany between WWI and WWII. It was economic recovery and the moral rot of the Weimar Republic that Hitler addressed. That caused the German people to incorrectly, turn their heads or bury their heads in the sand.

Not too different than the modern left here in the US when it comes to dealing with the corruption in our Institutions. See last night as case in point. .
I have read about it, & to say Hitler’s rhetoric didn’t convince Germans to kill Jews is asinine….

They’re certainly nothing like the founders. It’s all the whining and dishonest grievances that make them sound like victims. The Republican Party was nothing like this when I joined.

Guy is a complete troll. 1000%

You really think Trump is a Republican? He's not in y book but I still agree with a lot of his policies more than I do with the left's policies.

Seriously, something that happened 200 years ago is different that something that happened recently. Reminds me of my last aunt that died a week or so agp(96)... the last time I called her (5 years ago) the first thing she started on was something that happened in the 30s... wow... get over it.

The problem is that wealth accumulates. So White families have had a HUGE head start over Black families in passing down wealth. What has happened has made a difference.

Laws, still in existence, have hurt Blacks handing down land. Blacks owned more land in the 1920s than today.

Here is another take on heirs property and how it hurts Blacks. The laws are being changed, but not until recently and not everywhere.

The problem is that wealth accumulates. So White families have had a HUGE head start over Black families in passing down wealth. What has happened has made a difference.

Laws, still in existence, have hurt Blacks handing down land. Blacks owned more land in the 1920s than today.

Here is another take on heirs property and how it hurts Blacks. The laws are being changed, but not until recently and not everywhere.

This is accurate. But when does accountability and personal responsibility kick in? 75 years? 100? How many other groups have started from scratch in this country? Bosnians in my own city. They don’t have the violent crime rate etc. Hell many didn’t even speak the language

Reactions: DANC and stollcpa
This is accurate. But when does accountability and personal responsibility kick in? 75 years? 100? How many other groups have started from scratch in this country? Bosnians in my own city. They don’t have the violent crime rate etc. Hell many didn’t even speak the language

That is a legitimate point I have no answer to. But things like the heirs law are modern problems for Blacks, it isn't like all problems disappeared in 1968.

My suspicion is that a long period of being beaten down has damaged the elastic of the Black community. Like an animal that is repeatedly beaten, too many have become submissive (I cannot get ahead so I will not try) or preemptively violent.

We know there were thriving successful Black communities. Some were sadly destroyed for the interstates. Others for other reasons. What made those communities work? How can we recreate them?

The Bosnians came expecting success, eventually. Same with Vietnamese and others. How do we return that feeling to Black communities?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT