ADVERTISEMENT

Shots fired at Trump's PA campaign rally

You don’t need the last sentence to make your point. It’s dumb and makes you look like a racist.
Idk. I think there’s been a bureacratic
Malaise, throughout this administration.

People are appointed to jobs based on how it will play with the media, no one is held accountable for their failures, competence seems to be secondary to obsequiousness to the current admin.

She could quite possibly be a product of that.

Right, because we should do nothing to stop a damn Black Kenyan Muslim Communist right, those were love words.
You're right. The rhetoric against Obama was ridiculous. I don't think it is anywhere comparable to the kind used against Trump, and not as widespread in respected periodicals and media.

And here is what the person who was running against him said:

No fine I retract but it’s not necessary to assign gender or race as the reason for incompetence. I have worked with plenty of incompetent white men that rose to positions they couldn’t handle.
Agreed. I have, too. And I've worked with plenty of sharp women - probably sharper, as a group, than men.

But with all the people who have risen through the ranks of the SS, why go outside for the head of SS? It's just a diversity hire and, while it may not have mattered specifically to this situation (or it might have), it's certainly not a search for the best and the brightest.

Sure Marv. Point out the historical Black Kenyan Muslim Communist that slaughtered millions as the analogy. And point out where mainstream academics and journalists said Obama was putting DEMOCRACY ON THE BALLOT.

So we can disregard the guy that shot at the White House residence in 2011 because Obama was the antichrist, or do all Republicans share in that

We do not now a f thing as to why this guy shot. I agree the rhetoric is crap and should be toned down. For some reason you suddenly find Democrats are evil and Republicans are angels

Guess what, if you are voting and a communist is running, DEMOCRACY IS ON THE BALLOT.

How does that escape you. You want a stupid ass word for word exact match. No, I do not know anyone ever said Obama was Hitler, you win. Why only those freaking exact words matter, I do not know

We don't know why this guy shot. But you win, he never ever would have done it without the Hitler comparison. Calling Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt Hitler is why they were shot too

In fact, every shooting in America is caused by a Hitler reference.

We should tone down the name calling nationally by both parties and we should wait on facts before assigning blame.

Again, an open roof top with a clear line of sight within 150 yards of the podium where Trump was speaking. Not watched. Not guarded. No security presence AT ALL.

Absolutely inconceivable. People HAVE to be fired over this.
No idea if it's a real photo or not but there are pictures of a ladder propped up against the building. Hearing on CNN the guy was reported as suspicious for hanging around the metal detectors, then melted away.

• Wow
Reactions: ulrey and DANC
You're right. The rhetoric against Obama was ridiculous. I don't think it is anywhere comparable to the kind used against Trump, and not as widespread in respected periodicals and media.

I certainly agree the vitriol is getting worse. But the new image is that before Trump everyone was treated with total respect is wrong. Someone tried to shoot Obama because he thought Obama was the antichrist. So there is a 100% direct comparison. Crazy people can be set off by any reason.

Agreed. By no means am I excusing the horrible things people said about Obama. But there was never the rhetoric insinuating violence was necessary against him.

Not entirely apples to apples given Obama didn't go from scandal to scandal while in office, didn't spend his nights attacking people on Twitter, didn't come up with childish names for anyone that crossed him.

Obama's issue was being a liberal and being black. Not the same as everything Trump has done and said. Trump isn't a victim of unfairness.

A nutcase taking a shot at Trump doesn't make Trump a good person.

Crazy people can be set off by any reason.
Jodie Foster Oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

I'll tell you one thing that gets me. I saw a Twitter pic of the 2 counter snipers 7 minutes before the shooting. They are both standing up and looking around.

42 seconds before the first shot, they are laying prone and the one is sighting something.

Pretty obvious to me they saw something fishy and waited to shoot until the killer fired the first shot.

There aren't that many buildings around that place. How can someone with a long rifle, who is spotted by members of the crowd, crawl up the roof and get in position without being spotted by SS and police???
And why didn't they yell for Trump to get down?

Reactions: Ty Webb iu and DANC
We do not now a f thing as to why this guy shot. I agree the rhetoric is crap and should be toned down. For some reason you suddenly find Democrats are evil and Republicans are angels

Guess what, if you are voting and a communist is running, DEMOCRACY IS ON THE BALLOT.
Other than Aloha, no conservative here has been more critical of Trump than me. Your reaction is highly irrational. There is clearly dog-whistling (to use your team’s woke term) that Trump is to be destroyed. You and I know it means politically but in this modern era of virtue signaling and copy-catting and needing Likes, clearly the Incels think it means something else.

When the majority my of the media and nearly all of academia is openly biased against Trump, connecting the dots isn’t hard.

So we can disregard the guy that shot at the White House residence in 2011 because Obama was the antichrist, or do all Republicans share in that

How does that escape you. You want a stupid ass word for word exact match. No, I do not know anyone ever said Obama was Hitler, you win. Why only those freaking exact words matter, I do not know

We don't know why this guy shot. But you win, he never ever would have done it without the Hitler comparison. Calling Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt Hitler is why they were shot too

We should tone down the name calling nationally by both parties and we should wait on facts before assigning blame.
At any point the MSM can tone down the rhetoric. Trump’s behavior should have no bearing on how they behave.

No doubt that Trump’s response will set the tone going forward.

I hope he responds in a Presidential, statesman-like manner.
If he does this, no doubt he wins in November. Probably wins whatever he does but if he chooses the statesman-like manner his presidency could change many minds about him.

When in our lifetimes has the entire left of the country been united in trying to portray a popular candidate as the Next Hitler?
“Entire left”??
Nah. I’m a lefty and have never come close to comparing trump to Hitler.

Sure Marv. Point out the historical Black Kenyan Muslim Communist that slaughtered millions as the analogy. And point out where mainstream academics and journalists said Obama was putting DEMOCRACY ON THE BALLOT.
Black - dog whistle
Kenyan - not American
Muslim - terrorist
Communist - Stalin, Mao, pogroms, gulags, millions slaughtered.

Agree Trump is the first one to get the “democracy is at risk“ treatment but he’s also the first one who stirred a crowd to invade the Capital. And fought to overturn an election. Just because he was laughably bad at it doesn’t mean he didn’t toy with ideas and forces well beyond his limited understanding and control.

Dems are going to take a ****ing world class beating in November. Probably deserved.

The gunman will turn out to be a nut case as they always are. But he hated Trump for political reasons.

My hope is that Trump uses this entire awful affair to move the country forward. He’s going to win and if it just gets worse then I fear for our future.

Time to recalibrate yourself.

“Entire left”??
Nah. I’m a lefty and have never come close to comparing trump to Hitler.

Black - dog whistle
Kenyan - not American
Muslim - terrorist
Communist - Stalin, Mao, pogroms, gulags, millions slaughtered.

Agree Trump is the first one to get the “democracy is at risk“ treatment but he’s also the first one who stirred a crowd to invade the Capital. And fought to overturn an election. Just because he was laughably bad at it doesn’t mean he didn’t toy with ideas and forces well beyond his limited understanding and control.

Dems are going to take a ****ing world class beating in November. Probably deserved.

The gunman will turn out to be a nut case as they always are. But he hated Trump for political reasons.

My hope is that Trump uses this entire awful affair to move the country forward. He’s going to win and if it just gets worse then I fear for our future.
I disagree on Trump being a shoe in to win. It’s going to be really close and he’ll struggle to win the popular vote. He’s the favorite, but I’ll be shocked if he wins easily.

Other than Aloha, no conservative here has been more critical of Trump than me. Your reaction is highly irrational. There is clearly dog-whistling (to use your team’s woke term) that Trump is to be destroyed. You and I know it means politically but in this modern era of virtue signaling and copy-catting and needing Likes, clearly the Incels think it means something else.

When the majority my of the media and nearly all of academia is openly biased against Trump, connecting the dots isn’t hard.

So saying Liz Cheney should be tried before a military treason by a military tribunal could in no way be interpreted by anyone as a call to action.

Hell, the far right proudly announces they have militia willing to respond. But no, that cannot possibly lead to anything.

No one here is more critical of the far right and the far left being the same than me. I have no issue saying far too much has been said about Trump. But in my lifetime the vitriol keeps going up. "you did x to our president so we have to do x+1 to yours" has becone American. It did not start with Trump.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Yep. And very large portion of Republicans think President Obama is a Muslim from Kenya. An even larger amount and majority of Republicans think the 2020 election was stolen.

This isn't a pissing competition. Their is a massive amount of stupid on both sides.
Do we have a tradition of praising the assassination of Kenyans or Muslims?
I disagree on Trump being a shoe in to win. It’s going to be really close and he’ll struggle to win the popular vote. He’s the favorite, but I’ll be shocked if he wins easily.
This. His supporters are going to come out in force though. Dem turnout might be decreased? People might forget by November?

Time to recalibrate yourself.

Maybe we both do, why is Trump saying those things

Were you here when Mas blamed Jews for declaring war on Germany first? Isn't it fair to wonder why someone might use "poisoning the blood of our country". That sounds damn inflammatory to me, was he calling on people to kill aliens?

Do we have a tradition of praising the assassination of Kenyans or Muslims?

This. His supporters are going to come out in force though. Dem turnout might be decreased? People might forget by November?
Why?

Maybe we both do, why is Trump saying those things

Were you here when Mas blamed Jews for declaring war on Germany first? Isn't it fair to wonder why someone might use "poisoning the blood of our country". That sounds damn inflammatory to me, was he calling on people to kill aliens?
I'll bet Trump said 'the' in a sentence. Hitler said 'der' or 'die' or 'das'.

Clearly, Trump = Hitler

Even if it was as bad (it wasn’t). The reach and influence of social media wasn’t like it is today. You’re just constantly bombarded with the shit.

Assuming they’re correct and the shooter was 20, he’s spent his entire life hearing Trump is Hitler and Democracy is at stake, nonsense. Mix in Covid, BLM riots, and January 6th riot, all during his formative years. You unfortunately have the makings of a radicalized psychopath. I feel sorry for younger people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT