ADVERTISEMENT

Shots fired at Trump's PA campaign rally

You know what would be great? A Biden-Trump joint appearance. A genuine show of unity between the two candidates. They were both President, so it's not like there's a precedence issue. If they both said the right things, it would really force the crazies in both parties to CTFO at least for a while.
Absolutely love that idea. Maybe both tout a day of unity around it

My point is money isn’t the solution, Marv. It’s deeper than that.
It’s way deeper. It’s about creation vs. destruction. Lewis vs. Faust.

Starts with the family governance structure and extends well beyond that to the metaphysical.

We cannot be a virtuous people while rejecting the fundamental fact that we are held accountable to something other than ourselves, even when no one else is in the room.

The material is otherwise immaterial.

1. It would be grossly unfair.

2. It would change little. Ever see Killers of the Flower Moon?

3. It's politically untenable, even now, although God knows the anti-racist illiberals are doing their part to plant the seed among today's youth through public schools.
"anti-racist liberals". What a horrible seed to plant.

So, is the flip side "racist conservatives"?

Reactions: IU_Hickory
No, I'm not. DBM has repeatedly since last night posted suggestions or outright accusations that the SS was actively involved in the attempt on Trump's life.
The POTUS has even called for a total review of the SS actions... Past FBI, Special forces and SS agents are calling out total and complete failures and embarrassment of the security of this event, and you are on here doing this stupid crap?
I understand supporting your team... But you are way out of line here ban hammer.

Other than Aloha, no conservative here has been more critical of Trump than me. Your reaction is highly irrational. There is clearly dog-whistling (to use your team’s woke term) that Trump is to be destroyed. You and I know it means politically but in this modern era of virtue signaling and copy-catting and needing Likes, clearly the Incels think it means something else.

When the majority my of the media and nearly all of academia is openly biased against Trump, connecting the dots isn’t hard.
Your post used:

"dog-whistling"
"your team’s woke term"
"virtue signaling"
"copy-catting"
"majority of the media"
"nearly all of academia"

You forgot to use "agenda" and "ilk."

Maybe, next post, write something original that isn't riddled with cliches, generalisms and exaggerations.

Reactions: MrBing
The POTUS has even called for a total review of the SS actions... Past FBI, Special forces and SS agents are calling out total and complete failures and embarrassment of the security of this event, and you are on here doing this stupid crap?
I understand supporting your team... But you are way out of line here ban hammer.
Are you okay?

SS should be reviewed. It's their job to be perfect, and anything like this is by definition a failure. But the difference between "they failed" and "they were part of it" is not just one of gradations. It's a chasm of astronomical proportions. The stupid crap is all on your side of this conversation.

No, I'm not. DBM has repeatedly since last night posted suggestions or outright accusations that the SS was actively involved in the attempt on Trump's life.
There are numerous reports that Trump's team requested more SS to protect him. Somehow a 20 year old cuck was able to crawl onto a roof with a rifle take several shots a 150 yards away. It's insane how that could have happened. Shocker some people might think foul play, who gives a shit? Its not outside the realm of possibilities. The information shouldn't be taken down because it makes your side look bad. There is endless shit posted on here with anonymous sources.

Last edited:

I do not know how people enjoy life paranoid that everything is a conspiracy against them. Burnt toast, traffic jams, WiFi outage, favorite sports team loses, it doesn't matter, some elite caused it to happen.

The secret service/local police screwed up. People and organizations make mistakes. Look at the history of the US military, they have made a lot of mistakes. Did we try to lose Kasserine Pass? I don't think so.

At some point why that building was not protected will come out. But jumping to conclusions is faster and easier.

The only people who don't like this post will be undercover government agents.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
SS should be reviewed. It's their job to be perfect, and anything like this is by definition a failure. But the difference between "they failed" and "they were part of it" is not just one of gradations. It's a chasm of astronomical proportions. The stupid crap is all on your side of this conversation.
I am not on any side that thinks SS and FBI intentionally allowed this to happen.

Hopefully Biden’s statement is carried out and we get a transparent report.

"anti-racist liberals". What a horrible seed to plant.

So, is the flip side "racist conservatives"?
Yea, trying to turn anti-fascist and anti-racist into insults is some interesting to say the least given what it implies for people on the flip side.

Thankfully, the shooter was a guy who had tried to join his high school's rifle shooting team or club, but was asked to leave for being such a bad shot
I think that should be enough proof that this was not an inside job.

No one would have chosen that guy as the shooter given that he would have made a better stormtrooper than a sniper.

If your one and only job, is to protect a specific thing, and you didn't, then you failed.
If your one and only job is compromised due to those above you, removing your necessary and required assets, that put the mission in peril and you don't call off the entire mission, you are 100% totally complicit to being an active participant.
This may not make sense to you, in the life that you've lived. But when you are responsible for the lives of others, that you are 100% responsible for, and oath your life to and you let a pimple face kid, OR even the 101st airborne... within 130 yrds of your responsibly. YOU TOTALLY FAILED and were a participant in that failure. Whether it was a failure on the level of field level ability or organizational management or Operational preparedness, you let your subject get friggin shot. You where a participant due to your unpreparedness alone, let alone of you put the gun in the kids hand.
STOP goat. You don't have to defend your boys when they failed this spectacularly. Until you've held a bloody dead head in your hands, that you failed to protect, you don't have the understanding for this one. With all do respect.
You are very good at some things, this topic and moderating a message board are not among those things. Concentrate on your lane, and you will go very far.

Very fair
Not many of the proposed recipients understand the world of money as well as you do. It's not realistic to think they will succeed with a sudden large windfall.

This sounds like a different form of the "free cheese" you've complained about in the past, though with more zeroes.

Simply based on the satellite and the arial photos, it looks like this guy was in a perfect position to take a shot at Trump, and Trump is indeed very lucky.
I'm still curious what he could actually see as he aimed. That wouldn't show up in satellite and aerial photos.

I don't think dbm's posts say that dbm wants "a total review of the SS sctions." A review would take too long for him.

Dbm seems to be making his accusations right now, before a review. That's the difference.

Thankfully, the shooter was a guy who had tried to join his high school's rifle shooting team or club, but was asked to leave for being such a bad shot
We don't know everything yet, but it sounds like he came within about an inch from Trump's skull. I don't know whether that was a bad shot or not,

I am not on any side that thinks SS and FBI intentionally allowed this to happen.

Hopefully Biden’s statement is carried out and we get a transparent report.
We won't get a report like that.

If the SS procedures have weaknesses, it would be stupid for them to tell the whole world what they are.

The kid was bullied and spent a lot of time alone according to some HS classmates. In addition he was part of a local conservation club. It doesn't come out and say it, but I assume he was a member with his dad and/or mom, which is pretty common.

Reactions: mcmurtry66 and DANC
To be fair, this was such a stunning failure, it’s not out of line to ask that question.

They allowed a 20 year old kid to openly carry an AR to within 150 yards of Trump, set up a ladder, climb onto the roof, and get 3-4 clean shots in before they had any idea anything was happening.

I think if they were honest with themselves, they’d agree that it’s fair to ask that sort of question.

We have to look no farther than Joe Biden to know the Dems are incapable of any sympathy towards their own kind.

I certainly don’t profess to be an expert on college or post grad curriculum development, but it seems to me “Secure all rooftops within rifle range, if not rocket-launcher” would be found somewhere in a syllabus for a course in Protective Services 101. (Insert refrains of “If I Had A Rocket Launcher” - Bruce Cockburn, 1984)

Heads will roll over this one and America is damn lucky Trump’s head didn’t explode like a watermelon like JFK’s did on Zapruder’s 8 mm strip of celluloid.
If CNN reported the Kennedy assassination like they did the attempt on Trump, they'd have reported Kennedy sped away in his limo because he had a headache.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I said the world never believed him. The Germans that believed him already wanted to. The Germans that didn't largely went along not to become a target themselves.

Trump LOVES to act the tough guy. You don't think Hitler and Mussolini desperately wanted that image? Everything they did was to bolster that.
Biden said he wanted to take Trump behind the barn. You think he doesn't try to act like a tough guy? He tells working guys who challenge him that he's smarter than they are. lmao

But oh no - we can't dare criticize Joe for the same fvcking thing.

At least be consistent.

No, it's right wing. That's not the point though. MSM stream media can tone down the rhetoric whenever they want to tone it down.
No, that's wrong. The term "mainstream media" does not exclude media just because they are said to be "rightwing."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstream_media

This is a fiction created by outlets such as FoxNews so they can try to fool people by claiming they don't act like the other mainstream media. As I recall, FoxNews attracts more viewers than either CNN or MSNBC, so it can hardly claim to be outside the mainstream.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Not death camps, but concentration camps, yes. This is not a new thing in America.

4828.jpg

Forced to drink water from the toilets. Where the f*ck are the Christians?

1156698622.jpg.0.jpg

005a83c0-Human-Smuggling.jpg

Next 9-11 plotters?^^^

This is the America we want to be?

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

Here are 100 passages from the Bible about welcoming strangers:

390px-Trails_of_Tears_en.png

japanese-internment-camp.jpg
The Japanese were put in camps by a Democrat. Trump put people in temporary facilities because they broke the law.

If you don't understand the difference, I can't help you.

yeah - take a look at the overhead shots.

I don't know shit and the absolute first place I'd have focused my efforts is that warehouse. It's just the obvious spot for a prospective gunman. It's elevated, it's not a long shot (seriously, a semi-experienced deer hunter with a zeroed rifle hits that shot at 150 yards) and it's clear line of sight to the platform.

If you have NO security apart from one single area, THAT'S the area.

Just...how? I won't criticize the tinfoil hat crowd too much because this truly defies reasonable explanation. That said, never ascribe to malice that which can be blamed on incompetence. And given the state of our government agencies and the rank incompetence and complacence that has taken hold EVERYWHERE, that's still remains the most likely scenario.

The Japanese were put in camps by a Democrat. Trump put people in temporary facilities because they broke the law.

If you don't understand the difference, I can't help you.
🤣 You are so dense that you don't understand the point. The point is that The US has a long history of concentration camps.

From another board I frequent. Maybe it WAS rank incompetence.

In my younger days I was involved in the planning a number of political events that featured a sitting President, sitting Vice President, and Cabinet Officials. Most of these events were political fundraisers, which are more secure mainly because they are indoor venues. In my role I have attended Secret Service countdown meetings in advance of events, and was tasked with finding things as mundane as a message table and a masseuse for the president to 20 or so semi trailers to block the line of sight for an entry point to an event.

I'm shocked that the building the shooter was one wasn't secured. I realize its not in the venue, but as everyone has mentioned a quick look at google earth maps would tell you that entire property is a concern.

I am more troubled that Trump was given the green light to take the stages despite there being an incident on the ground, meaning attendees alerting cops to a man on the roof. He should have never taken the stage.

That all leads me to agreeing with those who have suggested that they were under staffed. Now, in my experience there is a noticeable difference in security between an event with the President and an event with the Vice President. I was shocked by this. And it was post 9-11. I guess that is understandable. There is an even bigger difference between the security of a VP and a Cabinet Official. Imo they basically have none. Again shocking. And we know Supreme Court Justices basically have none.

The first question that needs to be answered is what kind of security does Trump have. All former Presidents have protective service, but that level of security is just to protect that individual, not necessarily provide extensive security for every venue he enters. There is a big difference. And I would imagine this is where the Trump campaign request was coming from.

Moving forward, I doubt we will see people standing behind any presidential candidate on stage. I doubt we will see anymore out door rally's this cycle for Presidential Candidate. If there are, it will be in a stadium that could be secured. And I highly doubt Trump will make any more appearances at a MMA event.

Sad and crazy times

Reactions: 76-1
🤣 You are so dense that you don't understand the point. The point is that The US has a long history of concentration camps.
No, I got your point - it's that it was TRUMP who locked people up.

We lock up criminals in the US. Only Dems have locked up people for their racial identity.

Biden said he wanted to take Trump behind the barn. You think he doesn't try to act like a tough guy? He tells working guys who challenge him that he's smarter than they are. lmao

But oh no - we can't dare criticize Joe for the same fvcking thing.

At least be consistent.
Criticize Biden all you want, I have made it clear often that I have no love for Biden. I did not want him in 20, wanted someone to run against him in 24.

Even if I did like Biden, I am under no delusion anyone is perfect. We are all humans, we all screw up. Some presidents are leaders but suck on being human. Carter was a terrible leader but was great at having humanity.

Biden should never have used some of the wording he used. Not that I am certain Biden knows what is written for him.

To be fair, this was such a stunning failure, it’s not out of line to ask that question.

They allowed a 20 year old kid to openly carry an AR to within 150 yards of Trump, set up a ladder, climb onto the roof, and get 3-4 clean shots in before they had any idea anything was happening.

I think if they were honest with themselves, they’d agree that it’s fair to ask that sort of question.
Even if you're right, it would still be out of line to flat out make the accusation.

yeah - take a look at the overhead shots.

I don't know shit and the absolute first place I'd have focused my efforts is that warehouse. It's just the obvious spot for a prospective gunman. It's elevated, it's not a long shot (seriously, a semi-experienced deer hunter with a zeroed rifle hits that shot at 150 yards) and it's clear line of sight to the platform.

If you have NO security apart from one single area, THAT'S the area.

Just...how? I won't criticize the tinfoil hat crowd too much because this truly defies reasonable explanation. That said, never ascribe to malice that which can be blamed on incompetence. And given the state of our government agencies and the rank incompetence and complacence that has taken hold EVERYWHERE, that's still remains the most likely scenario.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT