ADVERTISEMENT

Selection show

CC Mac

All-Big Ten
Aug 19, 2002
The internet is about to very entertaining.
That committee is in a no win situation thanks to the NCAA.
There is about to be some really pissed off coaches and fans.
I can’t wait to read the comments🤣

Liberty, Washington, Florida St., Michigan.

Win and you're in. Or- use the past 25 years of ND's annual argument of "quality losses" to try to make a case.

• Love
Reactions: hoosier roadtrips
Selection show at noon, selections not revealed until 230? Is what I see. No thanks, got things to do, can read about it later.

Of course if I was one of those fanbases in the hunt, I'd be having a selection party!

Selection show at noon, selections not revealed until 230? Is what I see. No thanks, got things to do, can read about it later.

Of course if I was one of those fanbases in the hunt, I'd be having a selection party!
No. It’s getting ready to be announced at like 12:20.

No. It’s getting ready to be announced at like 12:20.
Ahh, I think you're correct. TY.

CBS website says "It all starts at noon ET, with the announcement of the four College Football Playoff teams. The process continues with the release of the final CFP Rankings and rest of the New Year's Six games at 2:30 p.m. "

So I read that as 230, but it must mean the 4 teams are first, then the rest of the rankings at 230. Thx again, I am watching the initial announcements now!

I say forget this 12 team stuff next year; expand to full 16 teams using existing Bowls and play the Final ether the weekend before, the Monday before, or even the Friday before the Super Bowl takes place whichever date works best... I'm thinking that would be the Friday night before...

I'm one that says it doesn't matter who the national champion is. The entire season should count, not who wins a playoff.

What I didn't like about the 'mythical national champion' was only all the bowl tie-ins deprived us of some great matchups. At least a number 1 team playing a 14 in a bowl has gone away. I'd often want the Big Ten champ not to have to play some rose bowl lessor team. (Of course usually the big would get waxed anyway, since it was Bo...) But as to who was voted mythical champion, who cares.

The national championship is just a money grab. A way to get in extra pro games. (CTE be damned) But it's fine, I watch.

Deboer in the show referenced playing Texas last year in the Alamo Bowl.

He praised Texas but since Washington beat them in a bowl just last year I doubt he's scared. Both teams are better.

Reactions: midwolfe
Deboer in the show referenced playing Texas last year in the Alamo Bowl.

He praised Texas but since Washington beat them in a bowl just last year I doubt he's scared. Both teams are better.
If I was a Washington fan, I’d have all the confidence in the world in that team and coaches to have them prepared. Their defense played great against that offense twice this year. Would you feel better having your final tune up against OK State or Oregon?

I did like the FSU response from their AD.

“Evidently, predicting the future matters more. For many of us, today's decision by the committee has forever damaged the credibility of the institution that is the College Football Playoff. And, saddest of all, it was self-inflicted. They chose predictive competitiveness over proven performance; subjectivity over fact. They have become a committee of prognosticators. They have abandoned their responsibility by discarding their purpose – to evaluate performance on the field. Our players, coaches, and fans - as well as all those who love this sport - deserve better. The committee failed college football today."

I did like the FSU response from their AD.

“Evidently, predicting the future matters more. For many of us, today's decision by the committee has forever damaged the credibility of the institution that is the College Football Playoff. And, saddest of all, it was self-inflicted. They chose predictive competitiveness over proven performance; subjectivity over fact. They have become a committee of prognosticators. They have abandoned their responsibility by discarding their purpose – to evaluate performance on the field. Our players, coaches, and fans - as well as all those who love this sport - deserve better. The committee failed college football today."
Qb doesn't get hurt, you're in. That's reality.

Reactions: IndyGlen
I get it….but as an IU fan, if in some parallel universe our football team was ever in the same position, they would put the screws to us.
When your starting qb gets hurt you're not the same team. This is big business. As William munney said, deserves got nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
I don’t care for F$U at all, but they got screwed. I feel bad for their coaches and players. They deserved better. Wasn’t their fault.

Wasn’t there a rumor they’d join the SEC?

I don’t care for F$U at all, but they got screwed. I feel bad for their coaches and players. They deserved better. Wasn’t their fault.

Wasn’t there a rumor they’d join the SEC?
And the ACC was 6-4 against the SEC this season, so who had the better conference? So obvious the committee was forced to put in an SEC representative, even though they were perhaps the weakest of the P5 conferences.

It’s quite entertaining when 6 “haves” of the college football world are vying for 4 playoff spots. Feelings are going to get hurt in the process.
If only the Committee understood logic.

IU beat Wisconsin,
Which beat Rutgers,
Which beat VA Tech,
Which beat Boston College,
Which beat Army,
Which beat Air Force,
Which beat Wyoming,
Which beat Texas Tech,
Which beat UCF,
Which beat Oklahoma State,
Which beat Oklahoma,
Which beat Texas,
Which beat Alabama,
Which beat Georgia

IU in; Alabama out.

If only the Committee understood logic.

IU beat Wisconsin,
Which beat Rutgers,
Which beat VA Tech,
Which beat Boston College,
Which beat Army,
Which beat Air Force,
Which beat Wyoming,
Which beat Texas Tech,
Which beat UCF,
Which beat Oklahoma State,
Which beat Oklahoma,
Which beat Texas,
Which beat Alabama,
Which beat Georgia

IU in; Alabama out.
See, I come to this board for the irrefutable logic.
Looks unassailable, to me..

• Haha
Reactions: 4th&short
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT