ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmages/Open Practices?

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
Does anyone know if any public scrimmages are planned prior to the C/C game? Are practices 'open' to the public as earlier mentioned by someone on here?

Piss poor spring marketing yet again.......................

Reactions: vesuvius13 and td75
Does anyone know if any public scrimmages are planned prior to the C/C game? Are practices 'open' to the public as earlier mentioned by someone on here?

It's pretty clear that the Athletic Department thinks late March is the start of their 4 and a half month vacation and they don't want to be bothered by any of that early promotional stuff.

Roll a team out there and the fans will show up seems to be their strategy...

Reactions: vesuvius13
The "concept" of a big Cream vs. Crimson game sounds good, but as die hard as I am, I don't know I want to drive down for it and there is no history of a big spring game at IU. I don't have a problem with Coach Allen wanting to use it as truly more of a "working live practices scrimmage" than a true split team, scrimmage game.

Now doing the autographs/photos with fans after or fun contests, etc. can be fun I'm sure, not against it. But I'm not down on IU ADept if don't yet want to go big on a spring game festivities. What I'd like them to focus on is names on back of jerseys, a great in-game experience (music, food, bathroom availability) and supporting the coaching staff to have the best team possible to go bowling again.

Do that and the rest will take care of itself: better recruiting, bigger fans in stands turnout, bowling, more revenues...a virtuous cycle!

So....there is a story up about C&C activities at the IU website.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT