ADVERTISEMENT

Sage v Cuban

you're demonstrating your lack of self-awareness right now. you don't see it.

no one spends all day attacking dbm if they aren't emotional about the issue. you just aren't self-aware.
That’s not emotional. I’m trying to get the poor guy to understand he’s duped. 😉

What a crock! You should have led with Once Upon a Time!
Sure. I was an Engineer for three ships and the Chief Engineer on the third of those. Qualified in steam, diesel and gas turbine ships. Want to discuss some engineering like how to make potable water and produce electricity at sea? Maybe the basic steam cycle? Maybe how to make an engineering plant ready for sea? Maybe you should stay silent.

Reactions: Lucy01
Dbm listen to me son. You know I hate this batch of woke Dems. If trump loses I’m going to zone out politics. I’m not going to listen to it read about it or follow it. What are you going to do? You can’t go down the stolen election conspiracy shit. It’s not good for you
That’s exactly what’s going to happen, along with 100 fake polls from twitter he will reference.

Thanks another screenshot. I spend about 3 hours on the road when I play golf at Evansville. Rather than reading The Cooler & posting, I am going to look for an audio book.
I wouldn't recommend listening to those suggestions via audiobook. You have to read them. Refer back to them. Think about them. Have a group to talk about it with. Otherwise, you aren't going to get much out of them.

I'd suggest instead trying Sophie's World, by Jostein Gaarder. That you could probably listen to, although again, I'd recommend actually reading it. But it'll give you easier access to the basic questions asked by philosophers of the West and some of the answers they've come up with.

Reactions: stollcpa
Plato's Republic
St. Augustine City of God
Hobbes Leviathan
Locke Two Treatises on Government
Rousseau The Social Contract

That should cover most of what you need to know.
You've only covered political philosophy there. No ethics, no metaphysics, no epistemology, no aesthetics.

You think too much like a lawyer . . . :)

You've only covered political philosophy there. No ethics, no metaphysics, no epistemology, no aesthetics.

You think too much like a lawyer . . . :)
@stollcpa he’s right. You won’t get much out of those on your own. I got my Bach in poly sci and political philosophy was a big part of it - the apology of Socrates, republic, Aristotle, metaphysics, ethics blah blah. You’d read them then the prof would pull things out abd the class would discuss. Prof was like an Ancient Greek. Wrestled. Power lifter. Cut chin. Looked like a statue. Anyway you can get complete works and basically versions with commentary so you understand ish what is being imparted. I’d get those versions to read

I wouldn't recommend listening to those suggestions via audiobook. You have to read them. Refer back to them. Think about them. Have a group to talk about it with. Otherwise, you aren't going to get much out of them.

I'd suggest instead trying Sophie's World, by Jostein Gaarder. That you could probably listen to, although again, I'd recommend actually reading it. But it'll give you easier access to the basic questions asked by philosophers of the West and some of the answers they've come up with.
Another screenshot. Thank you!

I’ve deposed over 200 doctors. No chance if we include them as scientists. Very narrow thinking
What I've noticed with people with PhDs, MDs, etc is that a lot of them think that makes them more intelligent in every subject that is brought up when, in fact, they know more than the average person in their specialty. I was a systems analyst for years and was pretty good at it but I'm sure not gonna argue with you or goat when in comes to lawyerly things because I know both of you know a lot more than I do. I used to think I wanted to be a lawyer but after listening to you and goat I'm glad I didn't go down that path even though I find it extremely interesting.

I wish I had gotten a biology Ph.D. instead.
My wife has a microbiology degree and I worked with organisms before becoming a computer nerd and I found that very interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT