ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers/PU

78alum

Recruit
Mar 9, 2002
Rutgers and PU looks like WWE. Rebounds look like fumbles in football. Bruising is the word. Got to like the intensity at this level. Hopefully IU team can bring it.

Reactions: Rokodesh
Just tuned in, 11-4 fouls proPU already smfh! Looks like more than half of Rutgers players already in foul trouble!
Ha. Per Purdue social media they are acting as if Rutgers hadn't been whistled for a foul. It's amazing how much they deflect blame towards officiating when their team isn't playing well. Still not sure Purdue has ever lost a game in their programs history without it being the officials fault. Whiny bunch of f****** they have.

Just saw a replay of Gillis getting into the space of the ballhandler of Rutgers, who tried to bring the ball thru and he hit Gillis who then flopped. No call until Painter starts complaining then the ref calls an offensive foul. Def should have been against Gillis

Reactions: 76-1 and IUgradman
4 RU starters with 2 fouls...Edey with zero.

Not watching but following on EPSN website...looks like RU was up 20-10 then the whistles started blowing?
Watch for free on Fox Sports Live, homie! RU isn't great on offense and cooled off.

Ha. Per Purdue social media they are acting as if Rutgers hadn't been whistled for a foul. It's amazing how much they deflect blame towards officiating when their team isn't playing well. Still not sure Purdue has ever lost a game in their programs history without it being the officials fault. Whiny bunch of f****** they have.
So many people focus only on the officiating and calls/non calls and not much else. It's basically, how is my team getting screwed?

Reactions: tkejones
I love watching the Mackay fans in their lower bowl (lower bowel??) all stand up and make the "traveling" call during a game. Arms spinning around everywhere in unison. I think they teach their kids that move before they can even walk or use a spork to eat their mashed peas.

Watch for free on Fox Sports Live, homie! RU isn't great on offense and cooled off.

I'm just watching text feeds..got too much to do at work, if I tune in live video, I might as well start the weekend early..which sounds good right about now

Reactions: .Gerdis and kkott
Totally ridiculous. Edey with 0 fouls, lol. Rutgers had the chance to pull away.
I think Painter has done a masterful job in interviews complaining about fouls. It's really amazing how few fouls Edey gets called for. When I checked, he was averaging fewer than 2 fouls per game, which is hard for a starting post player to do. He just doesn't get called for the normal "goon" stuff like over the back, offensive fouls, etc... Early on I thought working to get him in foul trouble would be a good strategy, but somehow he's gotten the "good kid" label in the refs' minds and doesn't get whistles.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I think Painter has done a masterful job in interviews complaining about fouls. It's really amazing how few fouls Edey gets called for. When I checked, he was averaging fewer than 2 fouls per game, which is hard for a starting post player to do. He just doesn't get called for the normal "goon" stuff like over the back, offensive fouls, etc... Early on I thought working to get him in foul trouble would be a good strategy, but somehow he's gotten the "good kid" label in the refs' minds and doesn't get whistles.
It defies logic that Edey only gets called for 2 fouls a game.

I love watching the Mackay fans in their lower bowl (lower bowel??) all stand up and make the "traveling" call during a game. Arms spinning around everywhere in unison. I think they teach their kids that move before they can even walk or use a spork to eat their mashed peas.
All 81 of them? lol

Star power. TJD probably has a similar avg.

Reactions: destewart
There is no over the back foul to begin with. It’s perfectly legal to hover a smaller player back and grab the ball. These teams just lean on you so much and make free movement impossible.

Purdue played well but not great - good win and I like our chances next round so win and we will talk
My money is on Coach March and the green machine from East Lansing

Jimbo you may not win this game - Maryland has some good guards and you have a guard who sometimes plays well and sometimes plays like dog shit
Sweep! JHS went for a career high at Mackey and torched PU's mediocre guards: I think he just hit another mid range jumper!

PU looked like dog shit today, especially their guards. Then again, it is March.

I didn't see much of the game, but here is what I noticed about Edey. He pushed off on a lob, hooks Omoruyi on a post move and elbows/fore-arms him in the face (same play), and goes over the back on a rebound.
Careful...this kind of talk makes the Boilies pants turn yellow.

Our Buddy @pig1960 is trying to sell the narrative that pu avoids any sort of physical play as we speak.

Where is Gilligan? He has been lurking but hasn't posted for awhile.

Hey @BoilerN did you get a girlfriend or did Mom put your laptop in time out?

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT