ADVERTISEMENT

Rumors

bailey777

Hall of Famer
Nov 18, 2011
I saw this retweeted. Who is this Nick guy?

Nick Baumgart

@Nick_Baumgart

I would expect IU and Kadin Shedrick to announce a deal soon. Sounds done. Jalen Hood-Schinio is one of the last big pieces to break. The prevailing thought by a lot of fans is he's gone. IU's preference for his replacement is rumored to be Caleb Love. But he's looking for fair market value. 6-9 PF Malik Reneau and 6-11 SF Kedlin Shedrick upfront is a really good frontline. Sparks is a great backup. Payton helps himself today down the road.

Nick Baumgart
@Nick_Baumgart

I would expect IU and Kadin Shedrick to announce a deal soon. Sounds done. Jalen Hood-Schinio is one of the last big pieces to break. The prevailing thought by a lot of fans is he's gone. IU's preference for his replacement is rumored to be Caleb Love. But he's looking for fair market value. 6-9 PF Malik Reneau and 6-11 SF Kedlin Shedrick upfront is a really good frontline. Sparks is a great backup. Payton helps himself today down the road.
Nick used to be the lead guy for this site after Peegs and Jordan Wells left. He is plugged in, but not sure it was best to tweet this at this time.

Reactions: bailey777

Nick Baumgart
@Nick_Baumgart

Not sure why Shedrick hasn't played more minutes, but he's pretty efficient and productive for the time he does play.

He's a lifetime 65% on 2s and 74% on FTs, and averaged 13.7 pts, 9.5 rebs and 3.4 blocks for every 40 minutes played.

Not sure why Shedrick hasn't played more minutes, but he's pretty efficient and productive for the time he does play.

He's a lifetime 65% on 2s and 74% on FTs, and averaged 13.7 pts, 9.5 rebs and 3.4 blocks for every 40 minutes played.
Probably fit I would guess. Stuck in a slow system.

His per 100 possession look good too.

Shedrick is from UVA; not huge numbers last year although he did have a big game in their first round loss (15/13 and 4 blocks). Stands 6'11". Would really shore up the interior and make up for some of the lost rebounding numbers. Interesting.

Still not sold on Love. Lots of $$ for the risk.

Shedrick is from UVA; not huge numbers last year although he did have a big game in their first round loss (15/13 and 4 blocks). Stands 6'11". Would really shore up the interior and make up for some of the lost rebounding numbers. Interesting.

Still not sold on Love. Lots of $$ for the risk.
X, Trey, Love, Malik, Shedrick

Payton, Keleb and the two frosh...

Pretty good starting 5, and potentially a good bench too. Obviously there are concerns with Love, but he's shown an ability to score at all 3 levels. The dynamic I'm wary of, is how would Woody utilize Malik and Shedrick together?? If its rinse and repeat from the last 2 years...not going to go well.

Reactions: larsIU
I don’t get all the hate for Love…
Only power 6 player this century with 3 seasons of over 300 shot attempts and under 38% from the floor. Oh and by all accounts I have seen it was a mutual decision to leave UNC, meaning the team who knows him best did not want him and you were the on floor leader of a team that was pre season #1 and missed the tourney, and finally just over a 1:1 Assist to TO ratio for a guard is not good.

So has shown to be a bad shooter, forces shots, not a good distributor, and your team was not sad to see you go--his talent has not matched his play since he got to Chapel Hill. If the fan base was frustrated with X in his first 10-12 games last year, they have not seen anything yet!!

If he would be willing to come in and play off the ball and much more under control that is one thing, but if he wants to play the way he has been, then it is a really hard pass from me

Uh what? The reason not to is that it could tip off other coaches and have them ramp up the pressure or change their deal. There very much is a reason to keep it quiet till it’s done.
Silly to think we fans know what's going on before P5 coaching staffs do. They ask Q's to prospects, like, 'who else is recruiting you and where at in the process are they'. Ssshh

Pretty good starting 5, and potentially a good bench too. Obviously there are concerns with Love, but he's shown an ability to score at all 3 levels. The dynamic I'm wary of, is how would Woody utilize Malik and Shedrick together?? If its rinse and repeat from the last 2 years...not going to go well.
I would be concerned more so with back court scoring efficiency.There would be plenty of minutes to utilize different front court strategies.

Didnt he average like 17 a game? He is considered one of the top ten players in the portal.
Again, it all comes back to efficiency. Yes he can score 20 a night, but at what expense? If he's jacking up 25 shots a game that's a ton of empty possessions. He's an extremely talented player who can absolutely carry your team over the course of a game. But at the same time he can absolutely shoot your team out of any game. He's a huge reason why UNC went from pre-season #1 to not making the NCAAT. His playmaking ability is extremely attractive and why he is one of the top players in the portal, but he's going to have to be reigned in and play within the system.

IU needs a consistent outside threat or 2 on top of 2 low posts guys. Maybe 1 wing with outside shooting prowess.

Reactions: Willdog7
Silly to think we fans know what's going on before P5 coaching staffs do. They ask Q's to prospects, like, 'who else is recruiting you and where at in the process are they'. Ssshh
We only know what's going on because someone with connections was dumb enough to tweet it. You think recruits are like "Hey Juwan Howard, I know you guys are recruiting me hard, but I'm leaning towards going to Indiana. However, just hang in there, because if something falls through, I'd like to consider you as a backup plan". Clearly you don't do much bidding in whatever industry you are employed in.

Reactions: Isisu

Nick Baumgart
@Nick_Baumgart

I think Sparks will surprise some people. I like his high motor. Watching his highlights, he takes on 2 defenders all the time. It will very helpful to get 2 wing shooters.

Reactions: 76-1
Again, it all comes back to efficiency. Yes he can score 20 a night, but at what expense? If he's jacking up 25 shots a game that's a ton of empty possessions. He's an extremely talented player who can absolutely carry your team over the course of a game. But at the same time he can absolutely shoot your team out of any game. He's a huge reason why UNC went from pre-season #1 to not making the NCAAT. His playmaking ability is extremely attractive and why he is one of the top players in the portal, but he's going to have to be reigned in and play within the system.
I totally agree. Hopefully, CMW can rein him in but he gave JHS free rein.

We only know what's going on because someone with connections was dumb enough to tweet it. You think recruits are like "Hey Juwan Howard, I know you guys are recruiting me hard, but I'm leaning towards going to Indiana. However, just hang in there, because if something falls through, I'd like to consider you as a backup plan". Clearly you don't do much bidding in whatever industry you are employed in.
I think you're maybe naïve about the portal, recruiting and NIL.

I see no problem. In recruiting some prospects are savvy at it, some are hunt and peck. All coaching staffs are experts with experience.
Retired but never got involved in providing bids or receiving them. I built relationships so the business would grow. Coaching staffs do the same.

Reactions: Willdog7
I see no problem. In recruiting some prospects are savvy at it, some are hunt and peck. All coaching staffs are experts with experience.
Retired but never got involved in providing bids or receiving them. I built relationships so the business would grow. Coaching staffs do the same.
Lol your last paragraph was more than obvious.

Oh good grief.......he is a talent!!!!

Only power 6 player this century with 3 seasons of over 300 shot attempts and under 38% from the floor. Oh and by all accounts I have seen it was a mutual decision to leave UNC, meaning the team who knows him best did not want him and you were the on floor leader of a team that was pre season #1 and missed the tourney, and finally just over a 1:1 Assist to TO ratio for a guard is not good.

So has shown to be a bad shooter, forces shots, not a good distributor, and your team was not sad to see you go--his talent has not matched his play since he got to Chapel Hill. If the fan base was frustrated with X in his first 10-12 games last year, they have not seen anything yet!!

If he would be willing to come in and play off the ball and much more under control that is one thing, but if he wants to play the way he has been, then it is a really hard pass from me
Different coach, different system. The kid is talented and talent is rare.

All you need is Love

Love will keep us together

Love is a many splendid thing

Love is a battlefield

I want to know what Love is

Endless Love

Higher Love

Stupid Love

How deep is your Love

You give Love a bad name

Crazy little thing called Love

It must’ve been Love

What’s Love got to do with it

Addicted to Love

Whole lotta Love

Last edited:

Already putting Cupps and Newton with a new leg over Gunn? wow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT