ADVERTISEMENT

Remaining Eligibility for Each Player

hookyIU1990

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2007
There have been some questions about who on the team has what remaining eligibility. Here's a matrix I ripped off of the iuhoosiers.com roster page that shows the remaining eligibility for each team member.

#PlayerClass YearEligibility Year
0Xavier JohnsonSr.+Sr.
1Jalen Hood-SchifinoFr.Fr.
3Anthony LealJr.So.
4Michael ShippSr.Jr.
5Malik ReneauFr.Fr.
10Kaleb BanksFr.Fr.
11CJ GunnFr.Fr.
12Miller KoppSr.+Sr.
13Shaan BurkeSo.Fr.
14Nathan ChildressSr.Jr.
22Jordan GeronimoJr.So.
23Trayce Jackson-DavisSr.Jr.
25Race ThompsonR-Sr.+R-Sr.
31Hogan OrbaughJr.So.
32Trey GallowayJr.So.
51Logan DuncombSo.So.
53Tamar BatesSo.So.

Class year is what we used to think of when it came to the eligibility before the covid rules. For example, Kopp (Sr+) is a 5th yr senior in class.

Eligibility year is how their remaining eligible seasons are viewed. Using Kopp again, he's viewed as a senior in terms of eligibility, so he's done after this season.

Not everyone on the team has a Covid year to use. Anyone on scholly who is a frosh or soph in class year is back to the 5 to play 4 rule, so the only way they get an additional year is to go the redshirt route.

When was our last non medical redshirt? (was Race one?)
Race was a reclass and non-med redshirt. Then the concussion cost him another year, since he had already used the redshirt. He would have been done last year as a 5th year senior if not for the Covid year or he could have applied for a second redshirt for medical reasons. (I think)

Biggest takeaway from this...Trey has 2 more years after this one if he wants them!! Damn it'd be nice to have him for two more after this one.

Also...we might not have seen the end of Anthony Leal being an important player for IU. When he was forced to play minutes early in his career, he was actually pretty solid, overall. If he does use his last 2 years after this one, I bet he becomes a rotation guy for us at some point.

Also...we might not have seen the end of Anthony Leal being an important player for IU. When he was forced to play minutes early in his career, he was actually pretty solid, overall. If he does use his last 2 years after this one, I bet he becomes a rotation guy for us at some point.
That will likely indicate that our recruiting is suffering.
I'm sure he wants to play, but if that doesn't happen, I think he'll still be a good leader & use IU Basketball to boost his business career.
I don't have a problem with that... good for him.

There have been some questions about who on the team has what remaining eligibility. Here's a matrix I ripped off of the iuhoosiers.com roster page that shows the remaining eligibility for each team member.

#PlayerClass YearEligibility Year
0Xavier JohnsonSr.+Sr.
1Jalen Hood-SchifinoFr.Fr.
3Anthony LealJr.So.
4Michael ShippSr.Jr.
5Malik ReneauFr.Fr.
10Kaleb BanksFr.Fr.
11CJ GunnFr.Fr.
12Miller KoppSr.+Sr.
13Shaan BurkeSo.Fr.
14Nathan ChildressSr.Jr.
22Jordan GeronimoJr.So.
23Trayce Jackson-DavisSr.Jr.
25Race ThompsonR-Sr.+R-Sr.
31Hogan OrbaughJr.So.
32Trey GallowayJr.So.
51Logan DuncombSo.So.
53Tamar BatesSo.So.

Class year is what we used to think of when it came to the eligibility before the covid rules. For example, Kopp (Sr+) is a 5th yr senior in class.

Eligibility year is how their remaining eligible seasons are viewed. Using Kopp again, he's viewed as a senior in terms of eligibility, so he's done after this season.

Not everyone on the team has a Covid year to use. Anyone on scholly who is a frosh or soph in class year is back to the 5 to play 4 rule, so the only way they get an additional year is to go the redshirt route.
Is there a way to still redshirt X instead of bringing him back this season? If so, I’m thinking that might be the better way to go at this point.

Is there a way to still redshirt X instead of bringing him back this season? If so, I’m thinking that might be the better way to go at this point.
Being talked about here starting with this post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT