ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo will pick IU!

I don't think so. Some of the shine is off UofL with their recent issues. Slick Rick is getting old too.

I don't know about that, they have a top 10 class for 2017, and already have two top 35 commits for 2018. I wouldn't brush off the idea of Louisville just yet. I keep saying it it's gonna come down to IU, UL, or Kansas.

Reactions: Kentucky31
Does anyone here Know how scholarship offers are worded? Can they be contingent on one thing or another? Can they be worded so that they become optional on IU's part if all the others have been taken? How is this managing done?
The offer is verbal and the commitment is verbal until the signing period. Nothing written is involved. Think back to the Eric Gordon recruitment or Trey Lyles. The current commits do not sign until November (I think) so technically anything could happen between now and then.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
he offer is verbal and the commitment is verbal until the signing period.
So if e.g. we fill up on forwards do we immediately text the other forwards with offers and rescind them or do we tell the next forward who commits that we're not taking him? Or what?

So if e.g. we fill up on forwards do we immediately text the other forwards with offers and rescind them or do we tell the next forward who commits that we're not taking him? Or what?
Questions only Archie and then the "other forwards" can answer. Bottom line is the deal doesn't close until signing day.

Yes it would be a terrible look for sure. I didnt mean anything by it just curious how it will work out if we have 3 schollys left, mulitiple offers out there and then we have like 4 or 5 say they want to come. Would it be first come first serve basis or are we going to play this oversigned everything will work itself out that CTC played?
Arch doesn't over commit.

I don't know about that, they have a top 10 class for 2017, and already have two top 35 commits for 2018. I wouldn't brush off the idea of Louisville just yet. I keep saying it it's gonna come down to IU, UL, or Kansas.
UL does spend on the program. They have top facilities and great fans so they'll still get good players. I was hoping that the shine was off UL some for Romeo! ;) Getting Romeo to IU will immediately put IU into the top contenders for top players and for championships for years.

Wow, did u say "recant" on an offer?! That would really build some street cred for CAM allright....CTC on steroids is not what we need and I am amazed u typed that, no personal offense intended

All coaches pull back offers all the time. It's a reality of the game and I don't think it's ever viewed as an 'awful look'. If you have 3 spots for a year, you only need one center, for example, and a center commits you're going to pull the offers from the other centers. Kids understand that. And it's why sometimes coaches will make more offers for a certain position to put pressure on the kid they want the most. They know that if someone else commits first they may miss out.

Reactions: mazz and cryano
All coaches pull back offers all the time. It's a reality of the game and I don't think it's ever viewed as an 'awful look'. If you have 3 spots for a year, you only need one center, for example, and a center commits you're going to pull the offers from the other centers. Kids understand that. And it's why sometimes coaches will make more offers for a certain position to put pressure on the kid they want the most. They know that if someone else commits first they may miss out.
Agreed...only a problem for old men...not for coaches or athletes.
Some became fixated on Crean as a negative, when in fact it happens everywhere, every year.

Agreed...only a problem for old men...not for coaches or athletes.
Some became fixated on Crean as a negative, when in fact it happens everywhere, every year.

yup, happens everywhere but crean did weird recruiting and personnel things so every facet of his process caught some flack, understandably...take into account he wasn't exactly the classiest handler of young men either lol

man, some of you just can't quit the man

Romeo Langford will be in IU uniform the kid is in love with Indiana basketball that's why he didn't transfer to a prep school his last year he takes pride in his state I guarantee you he will have an IU uniform on. When I say he's in love with Indiana basketball not just Indiana University but the whole state of basketball meaning High School 2

The fact he's going to wait until Spring to make his decision tells me he's very interested in IU. He wants to see how Archie does before making a decision.

Otherwise, he'd pick a school that he already knows how they do things.

The fact he's going to wait until Spring to make his decision tells me he's very interested in IU. He wants to see how Archie does before making a decision.

Otherwise, he'd pick a school that he already knows how they do things.
I would not put to much in him waiting until the spring because most of the top players wait until the spring.

Smitty is full of fun predictions. He predicted us to finish 9th in the big ten one year. And then we won it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT