ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo will pick IU!

Egg Shen

Benchwarmer
Mar 24, 2017
I'm calling it now! The situation is coming together more and more as we speak. Yesterday speaks volumes and I'm sure CAM is getting Langfords attention now. It's IMO IU, UL and Kansas. Come on coach you can do it!

Reactions: birdforpar
I'm calling it now! The situation is coming together more and more as we speak. Yesterday speaks volumes and I'm sure CAM is getting Langfords attention now. It's IMO IU, UL and Kansas. Come on coach you can do it!

Isn't Duke a favorite to land him?

I've always thought the key is Garland.

If we get Darius (and I believe we have a better chance than most people think) it greatly increases the chances of landing Romeo. We'll see.

Reactions: cshartle123
If Romeo wants to be an Indiana legend all he has to do is come to IU for one season. He surely recognizes how other great Indiana high school players are still talked about after stellar IU careers. Even after decades they still get the royal treatment. He goes elsewhere and he will be nothing more than a one and done pro player that never gets to come home to a kings welcome anywhere in the state.

If Romeo wants to be an Indiana legend all he has to do is come to IU for one season. He surely recognizes how other great Indiana high school players are still talked about after stellar IU careers. Even after decades they still get the royal treatment. He goes elsewhere and he will be nothing more than a one and done pro player that never gets to come home to a kings welcome anywhere in the state.

He will be welcomed back with lots of love in the state no matter what school he picks. Kids a class act and will soon be in the NBA.

He will be welcomed back with lots of love in the state no matter what school he picks. Kids a class act and will soon be in the NBA.
Never said he wouldn't just that he would be like a king everywhere after playing at IU. Not so after playing out of state.

Reactions: mazz
We have a very good chance with Romeo. Much better than most people think. Archie can't control where a particular kid goes to college. He has to build a program that provides value to top kids, and if he does then plenty of top kids will follow. Romeo or others. You can't judge a coach off of one single recruit.

Get Romeo and Garland or Phinisee in 2018 holding open a ship for "as needed". Back it up with Warford and Brooks in 2019 and
maybe Romeo would stay for a second year to win a championship.

I hate going to the Purdue board even though I'm a Purdue fan so many people there are unrealistic. So funny that Anderson kid a week ago was the s*** now he don't fit our system are he's not that good. The only thing I can think of is Matt Painter and his family run that board over there. If you give any opinion and it's against painter you get banned. Purdue fans are a bunch of Scallywags settlers bunch of b****** over there. I hope you guys get Romeo Langford I hope you guys get the point guard right across the street from Purdue I hope Archie sticks a basketball in Matt Painters ass and rotates it. I am so happy on Archie Miller's hire because this means the end is coming from Matt Painter. I would love to sit in the same with all the fans on that board God that would be fun I want to see what I'm talking to.

I hate going to the Purdue board even though I'm a Purdue fan so many people there are unrealistic. So funny that Anderson kid a week ago was the s*** now he don't fit our system are he's not that good. The only thing I can think of is Matt Painter and his family run that board over there. If you give any opinion and it's against painter you get banned. Purdue fans are a bunch of Scallywags settlers bunch of b****** over there. I hope you guys get Romeo Langford I hope you guys get the point guard right across the street from Purdue I hope Archie sticks a basketball in Matt Painters ass and rotates it. I am so happy on Archie Miller's hire because this means the end is coming from Matt Painter. I would love to sit in the same with all the fans on that board God that would be fun I want to see what I'm talking to.

You're trying really hard to sell that you are a Purdue fan. Most of those guys on the PU board outed you as an IU troll pretty quickly, and I think it's obvious you just made this account to screw with them. Makes us look petty as hell when we have IU fans making fake usernames and heading over to gold and black to talk up Archie. Who cares what they think. I can't stand Purdue either, but you look like a complete moron. Stop the charade- you look really stupid doing this.

IU has a strong chance, Kansas is coming on. I think the Cal/Langford relationship in Egypt was odd and hurt UKs chances. From what I've heard and read DUKE is out of the picture. For UofL and UK it's all about who stays or goes after this coming season. I know the opinion is UofL by some but I think its going to come down to Kansas vs IU in the spring.

You're the furthest thing from a purdue fan. Good try troll.

I am very hopeful for RomeoLangford, but you guys might want to temper your expectations. We came in way too late.

We have 3 schollys left. Would it be possible that we run out of scholaships before Romeo is ready to commit? Not sure how many offers we have left out there but I think its more than 3. If we get 2 commits right away can we recant our other offers and wait on Romeo?

We have 3 schollys left. Would it be possible that we run out of scholaships before Romeo is ready to commit? Not sure how many offers we have left out there but I think its more than 3. If we get 2 commits right away can we recant our other offers and wait on Romeo?

No, it's not possible.

I think Darius Garland should be a higher priority than Romeo Langford. Here's why:

1. Garland is an elite player. He is a natural leader, distributor, he can go to the rack, and he can shoot. Seriously, watch his tape. He's good.
2. We will need a point guard in 2018. The only true point guard we will have on the team is a walk on, Quentin Taylor.
3. We will have three viable options to play SG, which makes Romeo less of a need than PG. Devonte Green, Curtis Jones, and Al Duram will come into the 2018 season with college game experience.

I'm not saying Darius Garland is better than Romeo Langford, but I do think we would win more games in 2018 with Garland instead of Langford.

Reactions: JoRoMa

yes, a kid can fail summer school. it happens. :)

Wow, did u say "recant" on an offer?! That would really build some street cred for CAM allright....CTC on steroids is not what we need and I am amazed u typed that, no personal offense intended

Does anyone here Know how scholarship offers are worded? Can they be contingent on one thing or another? Can they be worded so that they become optional on IU's part if all the others have been taken? How is this managing done?

Wow, did u say "recant" on an offer?! That would really build some street cred for CAM allright....CTC on steroids is not what we need and I am amazed u typed that, no personal offense intended
Yes it would be a terrible look for sure. I didnt mean anything by it just curious how it will work out if we have 3 schollys left, mulitiple offers out there and then we have like 4 or 5 say they want to come. Would it be first come first serve basis or are we going to play this oversigned everything will work itself out that CTC played?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT