ADVERTISEMENT

Roe overturned. Be kind

I was pretty shocked by the numbers they reported, even if it's only 20% that have had an abortion that's a lot women. If we eliminate the abortions, it looks like we will need to invest in more schools, daycare, graduate more doctors, build more orphanages, etc.
We will see. I think the majority of states will adopt some sort of legal abortions. The morning after pill could be considered not abortion.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
But not a woman's right to choose.
Women will still have the Right to Choose…But it will be up to the State she lives in to make it Legal or Not… She just may have to travel to another state to Choose from

It's cute that you think all women vote in a bloc.
That, of course, is not what I said, and they don't have to vote 100% "in a bloc" anyway.

It only takes enough women voting the same way to make a difference in the total.

Painful without drunk Thomas
Yeah, now it's just annoying people wanting to be on TV . Thomas was old money with some personality. Shep used to be interesting . Jenna from the first season was interesting . Chelsea is the best reason to keep watching

Yeah, now it's just annoying people wanting to be on TV . Thomas was old money with some personality. Shep used to be interesting . Jenna from the first season was interesting . Chelsea is the best reason to keep watching
How many abortions do you think Thomas has funded through the years

I'm not dissing Chili's. But Applebee's is find dining compared to Chili's.

But seriously..... I haven't been to either in years (wife has become a food snob and won't do chain restaurants), but Applebee's had more variety and I liked those pita burgers or whatever they are.

Chili's didn't seem to have as much variety, but their egg rolls are sublime - they're also about 20,000 calories, but I have to get them if I go there.
Oh my God, my wife has become the biggest food snob I’ve ever met. If she has a single unpleasant experience at a restaurant, she will NEVER give it another shot. EVER.

One very nice restaurant was excommunicated entirely because she thought the server was slightly rude.

Oh my God, my wife has become the biggest food snob I’ve ever met. If she has a single unpleasant experience at a restaurant, she will NEVER give it another shot. EVER.

One very nice restaurant was excommunicated entirely because she thought the server was slightly rude.
We went out to a local sports bar for bar food last night. Food was awful. Service awful. Place used to be great. Not sure what's up but dining out has been rough

Reactions: Crayfish57
Don't forget fewer blacks being born. That was the original goal of Planned Parenthood patron saint, Margaret Sanger.
FYI, the discussion was about companies announcing they will provide assistance to women crossing state lines to have a procedure.

Try to stay on topic you illiterate clown

Reactions: outside shooter
Newsweek claims 40 percent of American have had an abortion, which seems much higher than I would believe but nonetheless that is a lot of women even if the numbers are inflated that have had an abortion. It will be interesting to see what the criminal penalties will be for those involved in an abortion. I believe Texas was only going to penalize those that assisted with the abortion not the mother herself but if you transported or advised someone on an abortion you may be going to prison.

I can't see how this plays out very well in the real world not the hypothetical world that the justices live in. There will be criminal penalties, that will be very selectively enforced, and some states will have severe sentences while others will still permit abortions unless we ban all abortions at the federal level. I just don't see how this plays out very well in the real world other than we will need to build a lot more prisons, hire more prosecutors and expand the courts.
Many women have multiple abortions, so unless they're keeping track - which I doubt - that would account for such a high number.

I doubt any women would be prosecuted for having an abortion, but any medical personnel who participates could.

That, of course, is not what I said, and they don't have to vote 100% "in a bloc" anyway.

It only takes enough women voting the same way to make a difference in the total.

It's cute you think at least half the women think abortion is OK.

She and my wife should get together. Trying to decide where to go eat is like negotiating a nuclear treaty with Iran.

Even when I capitulate and say "I don't care" for the 100th time, she still can't decide.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
We will see. I think the majority of states will adopt some sort of legal abortions. The morning after pill could be considered not abortion.

My guess is half the states in the country have all abortion outlawed with no exceptions (other than life of the mother) by the end of the year. 20 states or so will pass laws affirming legal abortion. Only a few that seem up in the air.

My wife is more fanatically pro life than anyone I know, even my boomer mom.
It's interesting - my female in-laws are all about "Pro-Choice", but when you start asking them if they approve of how abortion is actually done (I'll leave out the gory details here), they stop discussing it.

My wife just generally keeps quiet about it. I know she doesn't agree with abortion, but she doesn't want to go against the women in her family.

We both love kids and wish we had more, so that probably has something to do with it.

We went out to a local sports bar for bar food last night. Food was awful. Service awful. Place used to be great. Not sure what's up but dining out has been rough
Can't find good servers and cooks anymore. Or they're understaffed.

I still tip way too much - I wouldn't want their job.

My guess is half the states in the country have all abortion outlawed with no exceptions (other than life of the mother) by the end of the year. 20 states or so will pass laws affirming legal abortion. Only a few that seem up in the air.
We will see.

FYI, the discussion was about companies announcing they will provide assistance to women crossing state lines to have a procedure.

Try to stay on topic you illiterate clown
So you're OK with black babies being aborted in disproportionate numbers.

I'm not surprised.

Reactions: secondasky
That's what democracy looks like.

It probably doesn’t say what percentage was emergency. It’s astonishing to me so many have.
Yeah, that stat is really suspect to me, unless they have an absolutely broad definition of abortion. You figure that there is maybe a 52% women to 48% men split. So they are saying 40% of the 52% of that female figure have had an abortion. That is 80% of females. That figure becomes even higher when you remove females under the age of 18. So I am going to call bull shit on that. It doesn't pass the smell test at all.

The only way I would even begin to buy that figure is if they said 40% of women and even then I am wondering if they are including stuff like a D&C which my pro-life wife had after a miscarriage. I don't consider that type of thing an abortion.

Reactions: DANC

It's been slightly better at local spots in last few months. The places that seem to have the most atrocious service are the casual chains.

It's been slightly better at local spots in last few months. The places that seem to have the most atrocious service are the casual chains.
This place is super casual but it's kind of our quick and easy spot for good bar food. The servers looked like they were on leave from a halfway house

• Haha
Many women have multiple abortions, so unless they're keeping track - which I doubt - that would account for such a high number.

I doubt any women would be prosecuted for having an abortion, but any medical personnel who participates could.
I would think someone would have to be prosecuted or it will just be business as normal. The mother is the most logical candidate to be prosecuted. I don't know how she would not face charges if she were the one pursuing the procedure.

Can't find good servers and cooks anymore. Or they're understaffed.

I still tip way too much - I wouldn't want their job.
Had wings last week with a friend , server wasn't friendly , brings wings and muttered something about out fry basket ...........we were done by the time it arrived. We tipped too much as well. It wasn't that busy and she acted like it was our fault.

I would think someone would have to be prosecuted or it will just be business as normal. The mother is the most logical candidate to be prosecuted. I don't know how she would not face charges if she were the one pursuing the procedure.
Think of it as someone who is busted for drugs. They get a slap on the wrist, unless they've been busted before.

The cops are after the suppliers.

I could be wrong, but I don't see women who get abortions being charged with any serious crime, like a felony, unless it happens to a viable fetus. But I can see serious charges being filed against a doctor or nurse doing abortions in the back room.

Reactions: Bill4411
Had wings last week with a friend , server wasn't friendly , brings wings and muttered something about out fry basket ...........we were done by the time it arrived. We tipped too much as well. It wasn't that busy and she acted like it was our fault.
They can get surly and I always tell myself I'm not going to tip - and then I do. Hopefully it will put them in a better mood for their next customer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crayfish57
My wife is super pissed. Irrationally so (thank god she doesn't read this board, I hope). It's man hateapalooza here.

Anybody got a basement? I've got a cot.
It’s not irrational. Many many many women are pissed. I don’t think they will fit get it in a few months. I’ve never seen so many young people on Instagram posting political things. This one has riled women up and rightfully so. Helpful hint: don’t tell your wife you think her anger is irrational if you ever want out of the basement.

Reactions: larsIU
Newsweek claims 40 percent of American have had an abortion, which seems much higher than I would believe but nonetheless that is a lot of women even if the numbers are inflated that have had an abortion. It will be interesting to see what the criminal penalties will be for those involved in an abortion. I believe Texas was only going to penalize those that assisted with the abortion not the mother herself but if you transported or advised someone on an abortion you may be going to prison.

I can't see how this plays out very well in the real world not the hypothetical world that the justices live in. There will be criminal penalties, that will be very selectively enforced, and some states will have severe sentences while others will still permit abortions unless we ban all abortions at the federal level. I just don't see how this plays out very well in the real world other than we will need to build a lot more prisons, hire more prosecutors and expand the courts.
I’ve seen 25% which seems more in line. I’ve said this many times. Every single one of you knows someone who has had an abortion. Likely multiple people. You just don’t know it. I know 3, but in reality I’m sure there are many more.

I was pretty shocked by the numbers they reported, even if it's only 20% that have had an abortion that's a lot women. If we eliminate the abortions, it looks like we will need to invest in more schools, daycare, graduate more doctors, build more orphanages, etc.
I don’t think there will be that many more children. Women are organizing to take care of each other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT