ADVERTISEMENT

Roe overturned. Be kind

Oh yes, that is huge. There are regularly scheduled A&A games, not in tourney form. But the tournament brings in a lot of people. I've never played in the tournament, but I have played in the standalone A&A games at Gencon.

I go to another con some years, World Boardgaming Championships. I don't know if the A&A tournament at Gencon is like this, but there are people at WBC that have played these wargames well over 1000 times. I've probably played Russian Campaign, my favorite, 40 times. So I go out and free play and don't enter the championship tournaments. I don't have much self-respect, I want to preserve what little I have.
Are we the Blue or Red team in this game?

So just now reading about this, but it looks like a possible sticky issue for DeSantis in FL, which might prove interesting. Not only is he possibly going to be caught up in some Roe fallout, but also the state is being sued over a religious liberty issue, by 5 Religious leaders representing religions that support abortion. I'll have to do a deeper dive, but it seems like this may place a "champion of religious liberty" like Old Ron in a bit of a sticky wicket.

Are all five 'religions' Jewish?

Those that 'support' infanticide as a cultural right...

• Wow
Reactions: Hulls4Three
In the view of this layman, that lawsuit is idiotic.
I didn't look at the merits of the lawsuit itself, but rather the political consequences that might result. At some point more people are going to realize how selective DeSantis is when applying his concepts of govt not interfering with business (Disney) or in the schools (textbook, don't say gay). I know he's popular with MAGA folks, but what does he tell less enamored Floridians when his interference in schools leads to record teacher shortages in FL this year?
Are all five 'religions' Jewish?

Those that 'support' infanticide as a cultural right...

No idea why you're asking questions on issues that are discussed in the article...

The plaintiffs are three rabbis, a United Church of Christ reverend, a Unitarian Universalist minister, an Episcopal Church priest and a Buddhist lama. They asked the court to declare that the state's abortion law violates Florida and U.S. constitutional protections for freedom of speech and religion.

I'd say that they're pointing out DeSantis usual hypocrisy, where he claims to be an advocate for specific rights (like religious liberty), but only applies it at his personal discretion. He's basically stacked the judicial system in FL, but the lawsuit seems just as valid of any of the subjective personal applications he's been making since assuming the role as chief arbiter...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT